Federal Employees Will Pay 8.7% More Toward Health Care Premiums Next Year

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

The Office of Personnel Management said increased use of health care services as the COVID-19 pandemic has waned has led to the sharpest uptick in health insurance premiums in more than a decade.​

On average, federal employees enrolled in “self-only” plans will pay an additional $8.11 per bi-weekly pay period, while feds in “self plus one” insurance plans will pay $20.34 more per pay period. Federal workers enrolled in family coverage will pay an average of $20.87 more per pay period in 2023.

Sure, I don't want to pay anymore than I have to but it's still the "Deal of the Day" for gold-clad insurance.....Fed worker whining not withstanding.

If I was dictator of the United States I would make it illegal for third parties to pay for your health insurance. If companies want their employees to have health insurance, just pay them more and let them buy it on their own.

Does anybody even know what a health insurance policy really costs? Ever since the Affordable Care Act was passed the government has been buying my health insurance for me. I have had health insurance ever since it was required by law. I have paid anywhere between $0 and $130 per month. The government has been paying nearly $1,200 a month on my behalf. If my boss were to pay me an additional $14,400 a year I can assure you I wouldn’t be spending the extra income on health insurance.

There is a small percentage of the population that would be dumb enough to pay for health insurance at its real cost.

The point is their half-ass unions are whining about it when they should be counting their lucky stars they have access to the best health care insurance in the land.....They they have the same access to coverage as congress does and at the same price.
i was a federal worker i did not have access to what congress can get or what the post master can get...

The Office of Personnel Management said increased use of health care services as the COVID-19 pandemic has waned has led to the sharpest uptick in health insurance premiums in more than a decade.​

On average, federal employees enrolled in “self-only” plans will pay an additional $8.11 per bi-weekly pay period, while feds in “self plus one” insurance plans will pay $20.34 more per pay period. Federal workers enrolled in family coverage will pay an average of $20.87 more per pay period in 2023.

Sure, I don't want to pay anymore than I have to but it's still the "Deal of the Day" for gold-clad insurance.....Fed worker whining not withstanding.
While the rest of people employed by small businesses will pay more than that

Sure you did if you were full-time GS employee, you may not have wanted to pay for all the options but they were there.
at the time i was there no they were not.....we were only able to get what was offered to the regular guys....we inquired about it....

The poorest people should have the exact same access as the wealthiest. Why that isn't so is a problem. Why are

at the time i was there no they were not.....we were only able to get what was offered to the regular guys....we inquired about it....
Not plausible for a full-timer....Perhaps your classification was different....There are fed employees that do not qualify as they were deemed "temporary" even though they worked for years under that status.....They had insurance available but it was not the same as full-time fed employees.

I just asked the wife and she said her first couple years for FEMA were under temporary status till all those positions were made full-time then a lot more options opened up as far as insurance and savings went.

Of course back then she was on my insurance as a temp so made no difference but when she was able to get the fed insurance she took it.....Back then (in the dark ages) it was much cheaper for a bit better coverage for a family plan than I was paying at Dupont at the time.

Not plausible for a full-timer....Perhaps your classification was different....There are fed employees that do not qualify as they were deemed "temporary" even though they worked for years under that status.....They had insurance available but it was not the same as full-time fed employees.

I just asked the wife and she said her first couple years for FEMA were under temporary status till all those positions were made full-time then a lot more options opened up as far as insurance and savings went.

Of course back then she was on my insurance as a temp so made no difference but when she was able to get the fed insurance she took it.....Back then (in the dark ages) it was much cheaper for a bit better coverage for a family plan than I was paying at Dupont at the time.
i was a full time letter carrier for 33 years under civil service .....never seen what you are saying....

Forum List

Back