Federal COVID-19 Bailout Prohibits States From Cutting Taxes

Yes he is. All he thinks about is taxing the rich

That’s where the money is

LOL Sound like you are just jealous. You do know those rich pay about 60% of all Fed taxes paid?? They also pay state and local taxes.

If those "rich" people weren't there to pay those taxes just who do you think would be paying them?? Why we would.

We have people in this country who pay no taxes at all.

You might want to save some of your angst for those freeloaders.

Am I shocked that the portion of society that controls the most wealth pays the most taxes? No

What I am shocked by is Republicans pandering to them and demanding our poorest members make more and more sacrifices as working Americans have to make do with less

Well that's a load of horse shit.

The freeloaders live very well off we tax payers.

Their rent is paid for them. Their food is purchased for them. Their health care is paid for them. They have no incentive to get off welfare. Why should then when someone else is footing their bills.

They make no sacrifices at all. We tax payers are forced to pay for their lazy asses.

I'd say the Democrats pander to them and love to have them on Welfare.

You sure are one lefty loon.

Oh yes....

The same old bullshit about the poor living off of filet mignon and caviar while the rest of us eat chicken nuggets

Nope. The same old case of tax payers forced to pay their bills.

Why aren't you demanding they get a damned job and take care of themselves?? You have to take care of yourself just as I do.

You must like paying for them. Most people don't.

I like McNuggets better than filet mignon or caviar. Anyone who eats caviar can't be to swift.
It’s called helping those who need help.
All great societies do it.

They need help cause they made poor decisions in their life. Like having kids they couldn't afford and expecting everyone to pay their way for them.

If other "societies" want to foot the bill for the freeloaders then that's on them. I sure don't want to support them.
Blame the victims

LOL What victims?? They live pretty well on our tax dollars. In fact they would be rich in any third world country.

How bout I blame bleeding hearts like you who think we tax payers should be delighted to support freeloaders.

You really are an idiot.

LOL Sound like you are just jealous. You do know those rich pay about 60% of all Fed taxes paid?? They also pay state and local taxes.

If those "rich" people weren't there to pay those taxes just who do you think would be paying them?? Why we would.

Am I shocked that the portion of society that controls the most wealth pays the most taxes? No

What I am shocked by is Republicans pandering to them and demanding our poorest members make more and more sacrifices as working Americans have to make do with less

Their rent is paid for them. Their food is purchased for them. Their health care is paid for them. They have no incentive to get off welfare. Why should then when someone else is footing their bills.

They make no sacrifices at all. We tax payers are forced to pay for their lazy asses.

Oh yes....

The same old bullshit about the poor living off of filet mignon and caviar while the rest of us eat chicken nuggets

Why aren't you demanding they get a damned job and take care of themselves?? You have to take care of yourself just as I do.

I like McNuggets better than filet mignon or caviar. Anyone who eats caviar can't be to swift.

They need help cause they made poor decisions in their life. Like having kids they couldn't afford and expecting everyone to pay their way for them.

If other "societies" want to foot the bill for the freeloaders then that's on them. I sure don't want to support them.
Blame the victims

LOL What victims?? They live pretty well on our tax dollars. In fact they would be rich in any third world country.

How bout I blame bleeding hearts like you who think we tax payers should be delighted to support freeloaders.

You really are an idiot.
Champagne and caviar again

Oh yes....

Blame the victims

You really are an idiot.
Champagne and caviar again

Don't care for either.

Oh yes....

I seem to recall the bailing out of Wall Street because they made poor decisions.

COVID bailout funds are not meant to give tax cuts to billionaires

If the states prove they use the money for COVID programs that is all the federal government needs to know.

How the state runs its own government isn't any business of the assholes in DC

The left is an evil scum set to devour America and our freedoms.

Buried within the $1.9 trillion emergency spending bill that Congress sent to President Joe Biden's desk on Wednesday is a provision that could effectively block states from cutting taxes if they accept federal bailout dollars.
That provision, added to the bill by the Senate last week, could put a halt to several states' plans to cut taxes this year as a way to stimulate economic growth following the COVID-19 pandemic. Depending on how the text is interpreted, the measure could also make it illegal for states to create new tax credit programs like the ones that have become a popular mechanism for expanding school choice. Critics say this expansion of federal control over state policymaking is murky at best, and potentially unconstitutional.

Reason mag is like all libertarian sites and people ... subject to hypocrisy, but the OP seems pretty honest, but YOUR OP LIES about what the article actually says.

"The bill doesn't categorically prohibit any changes to state tax policies, but "adjudicating what counts as indirect use to facilitate a tax cut is messy," Jared Walczak, vice president of state projects at The Tax Foundation, a nonpartisan tax policy think tank, tells Reason. "States will receive federal aid regardless of their budget situation, and many potential uses of that funding could theoretically offset the need to spend state dollars. If that is enough to block a tax cut, states could find themselves barred from cutting taxes even though they could have done so without taking a dollar in state aid."

And because the language also forbids states from using the federal bailout to forgo a potential tax increase, it may prohibit using the aid to repair state-level unemployment insurance trusts funds that have been dented by pandemic-related unemployment. Instead, states like Maryland might have to go through with a 600 percent hike in unemployment taxes despite getting a windfall from the federal government."

As the article ACTUALLY SAYS the law has to be interpreted, and it seems to me that a state could possibly REFUSE all federal aid, and then cut taxes. More importantly what the article fearingly hypothesizes in Para 2 above will never happen. The intent of the federal aid is to replenish state coffers.

Liberals always fuck America. They can't help themselves. The scum of America.

Buried within the $1.9 trillion emergency spending bill that Congress sent to President Joe Biden's desk on Wednesday is a provision that could effectively block states from cutting taxes if they accept federal bailout dollars.
That provision, added to the bill by the Senate last week, could put a halt to several states' plans to cut taxes this year as a way to stimulate economic growth following the COVID-19 pandemic. Depending on how the text is interpreted, the measure could also make it illegal for states to create new tax credit programs like the ones that have become a popular mechanism for expanding school choice. Critics say this expansion of federal control over state policymaking is murky at best, and potentially unconstitutional.

They don't want the economy to recover in Red states while blue states descend into Road Warrior status.....

The feds passed a law to prevent the states from doing stupid shit they shouldn’t be doing anyway like cutting taxes and further screwing up the schools? Good for them.

Liberals always fuck America. They can't help themselves. The scum of America.

How many times have Democrats crashed the economy? The answer is zero. Republicans have crashedthe economy of the country four times in the last hundred years.

I don’t know what your definition of “fuck America” is, but crashing the economy and improve rushing millions would be my definition.

When Republicans stop crashing the economy, we will believe that they have achieved some level of fiscal competence but until then, the strong evidence is they shouldn’t be allowed to make financial decisions on their own.

Forum List

Back