Federal COVID-19 Bailout Prohibits States From Cutting Taxes

The left is an evil scum set to devour America and our freedoms.

Buried within the $1.9 trillion emergency spending bill that Congress sent to President Joe Biden's desk on Wednesday is a provision that could effectively block states from cutting taxes if they accept federal bailout dollars.
That provision, added to the bill by the Senate last week, could put a halt to several states' plans to cut taxes this year as a way to stimulate economic growth following the COVID-19 pandemic. Depending on how the text is interpreted, the measure could also make it illegal for states to create new tax credit programs like the ones that have become a popular mechanism for expanding school choice. Critics say this expansion of federal control over state policymaking is murky at best, and potentially unconstitutional.

"Depending on how the text is interpreted"?

Maybe you would provide the text so we can interpret it ourselves?

This sure pissed our governor off. He is clamoring to cut his taxes and put the burden on the middle class.

West Virginia Governor Jim Justice Blames Senator Joe Manchin For Provision in COVID Aid Bill
Ah, all becomes clear. They can't use relief money to offset tax cuts for wealthy individuals and companies. I'd say that's a pretty damn smart provision.

"provision in the $1.9 trillion stimulus package that would limit any use of federal coronavirus relief dollars to offset losses due to legislated changes in state tax revenues."

This sure pissed our governor off. He is clamoring to cut his taxes and put the burden on the middle class.

West Virginia Governor Jim Justice Blames Senator Joe Manchin For Provision in COVID Aid Bill
Ah, all becomes clear. They can't use relief money to offset tax cuts for wealthy individuals and companies. I'd say that's a pretty damn smart provision.

"provision in the $1.9 trillion stimulus package that would limit any use of federal coronavirus relief dollars to offset losses due to legislated changes in state tax revenues."

I wouldn't doubt that Manchin did it on purpose. Him and Justice don't get along.

Buried within the $1.9 trillion emergency spending bill that Congress sent to President Joe Biden's desk on Wednesday is a provision that could effectively block states from cutting taxes if they accept federal bailout dollars.
That provision, added to the bill by the Senate last week, could put a halt to several states' plans to cut taxes this year as a way to stimulate economic growth following the COVID-19 pandemic. Depending on how the text is interpreted, the measure could also make it illegal for states to create new tax credit programs like the ones that have become a popular mechanism for expanding school choice. Critics say this expansion of federal control over state policymaking is murky at best, and potentially unconstitutional.

Like that would do any good. You can't even properly interpret the phrase "shall not be infringed."

Like that would do any good. You can't even properly interpret the phrase "shall not be infringed."
Can you explain why the interpretation of that changed in the middle 1980s?

COVID bailout funds are not meant to give tax cuts to billionaires
WTF? Of course the bailouts are meant to ENRICH the BILLIONAIRES-----that is the whole point of this money grab. Doing all this spending to stupid causes is meant to funnel money around which those who buy off the politicans can then intercept one way or the other who then donate/HIRE the BIDEN clan, the PELOSI Clan, and other corrupt pols families and businesses in order to repay them for these scams. Let's stop pretending that these giant spending bills are anything other than a way to collect bribe money.

Yes he is. All he thinks about is taxing the rich

That’s where the money is

LOL Sound like you are just jealous. You do know those rich pay about 60% of all Fed taxes paid?? They also pay state and local taxes.

If those "rich" people weren't there to pay those taxes just who do you think would be paying them?? Why we would.

We have people in this country who pay no taxes at all.

You might want to save some of your angst for those freeloaders.

They can refuse the federal money to stimulate, and use their own planned tax cut, to do it, I suppose?

LOL Sound like you are just jealous. You do know those rich pay about 60% of all Fed taxes paid?? They also pay state and local taxes.

If those "rich" people weren't there to pay those taxes just who do you think would be paying them?? Why we would.

Am I shocked that the portion of society that controls the most wealth pays the most taxes? No

What I am shocked by is Republicans pandering to them and demanding our poorest members make more and more sacrifices as working Americans have to make do with less

Am I shocked that the portion of society that controls the most wealth pays the most taxes? No

What I am shocked by is Republicans pandering to them and demanding our poorest members make more and more sacrifices as working Americans have to make do with less

Well that's a load of horse shit.

The freeloaders live very well off we tax payers.

Their rent is paid for them. Their food is purchased for them. Their health care is paid for them. They have no incentive to get off welfare. Why should then when someone else is footing their bills.

They make no sacrifices at all. We tax payers are forced to pay for their lazy asses.

I'd say the Democrats pander to them and love to have them on Welfare.

You sure are one lefty loon.

Their rent is paid for them. Their food is purchased for them. Their health care is paid for them. They have no incentive to get off welfare. Why should then when someone else is footing their bills.

They make no sacrifices at all. We tax payers are forced to pay for their lazy asses.

Oh yes....

The same old bullshit about the poor living off of filet mignon and caviar while the rest of us eat chicken nuggets

Oh yes....

The same old bullshit about the poor living off of filet mignon and caviar while the rest of us eat chicken nuggets

Nope. The same old case of tax payers forced to pay their bills while they lay around and do nothing.

Why aren't you demanding they get a damned job and take care of themselves?? You have to take care of yourself just as I do.

You must like paying for them. Most people don't.

I like McNuggets better than filet mignon or caviar. Anyone who eats caviar can't be to swift.

Oh yes....

Nope. The same old case of tax payers forced to pay their bills.

Why aren't you demanding they get a damned job and take care of themselves?? You have to take care of yourself just as I do.

I like McNuggets better than filet mignon or caviar. Anyone who eats caviar can't be to swift.
It’s called helping those who need help.
All great societies do it.

Oh yes....

They need help cause they made poor decisions in their life. Like having kids they couldn't afford and expecting everyone to pay their way for them.

If other "societies" want to foot the bill for the freeloaders then that's on them. I sure don't want to support them.

Oh yes....

They need help cause they made poor decisions in their life. Like having kids they couldn't afford and expecting everyone to pay their way for them.

If other "societies" want to foot the bill for the freeloaders then that's on them. I sure don't want to support them.
Blame the victims

Forum List

Back