Federal charges in the Breonna Taylor case.

While this is MSNBC trying to make the police conducting an investigation as sinister.

On the night of Taylor's death, Walker was arrested and taken in for questioning. He told investigators that in addition to his licensed handgun, he once owned an AR-15 but "had to sell it because I was broke." He told police that he smoked marijuana from "time to time," including on the day of the shooting, but that he had curtailed his use because he had applied for a job with the U.S. Postal Service.

According to the memo, internal affairs officers also found text messages indicating that Walker was selling marijuana and pills from October 2019 through March, according to the memo. The memo quoted a message from Walker's phone dated March 6, a week before Taylor was killed, that seemed to say Walker had sold "11 pills" for $6 apiece in a restaurant parking lot. The memo quotes a text exchange in February about Walker's sale of marijuana for "$25 for a half quarter."

Investigators also indicate that they believed he may have been involved in a robbery, although the message they point to is garbled. They concluded that Walker's potential drug sales and robbery "may have contributed to Walker's actions on March 13, 2020."

Already have, now for the third time.
Documents show police believed they had evidence that Kenneth Walker may have sold drugs.

that seemed to say Walker had sold "11 pills" for $6 apiece in a restaurant parking lot. The memo quotes a text exchange in February about Walker's sale of marijuana for "$25 for a half quarter."

Where are the text messages?

None of that garbage is anything concrete, they were just trying to come up with something to cover their ass. It didn't work.

They really didn't... The meat of the warrant, that Taylor was a confederate of Jamarcus Glover (can't keep the doper boyfriends straight without a scorecard) was verified by statements that Glover had made on a jailhouse tape.
Post those statements. One of the other defendants also said that another woman was holding all of their money. He said, she said.
Uh, who is they? Daniel Cameron was the AG of Kentucky, and the usual suspects INSISTED he take over the case because they didn't trust the County DA to handle the case.
Yep and he showed that he is nothing more than a boot licking, Uncle Tom.
The Same Neighbor who said at the time he knew they were cops, and then later admitted - under oath - that he had heard them announce themselves.
2 months later, at the time he said he didn't hear them say shit.
Now, if you have two statements - one made at the time to a reporter, one made under oath to a grand jury. I'd go with the latter, for no other reason than if he did lie in the latter case, that was criminal.[/quoe]
Of course you would, because you have no problem with the cops killing a black woman.
No but it does indicate he's the kind of idiot who would go gangsta and try to shoot it out with the cops.
There isn't a man here who would wait for someone to kick their door down before defending their family. I guess you would run to the door with milk and cookies.

A Maoist left charged the officers before?

They were sleeping and he was a legal gun owner protecting his apartment.

Doc does not care. Doc is a copsucker, who will defend ANYTHING a cop does, no matter how egregious.

That has been qualified as true for a long time now.

Lying to get a warrant is our system of law? Well, it has been but that is not what it is supposed to be.

But you know all of this already.

He's fine with it. He is THAT much of a jackboot-licker.

He was legally allowed to do that. You are legally allowed to protect yourself. What you can't legally do is lie to obtain a warrant.

Sadly, he missed.

This was in the midst of them lying about everything and concocting a false back story which is what they are now being charged with.

What did they find in the house during their illegal search? Nothing.

Even if it was true, the evidence would have been tossed as it was illegally gained. It's odd how you seem to be so willing to defend the officers for lying to a judge to obtain a warrant where they had ZERO proof anything illegal was happening.

You need to understand something: while he normally hates cops with a passion, Joey otherwise worships The State-and I use that word deliberately, it's a matter of religious devotion for him. Since, in this case, the dead woman was not an agent of The State, his worship of authority overrides his usual hatred of cops, at least temporarily.

At the very least at least one of them was.

I wonder how the rest will feel about the ones that lied?

They won't care they lied, but they'll be mad they got caught.

I'm not even sure Trump would go that low. You've hit a low one might not think attainable.

Then you don't know Joey, who regularly hits rock bottom, then starts digging. He has no decency, he never did, and he never will. He is one of the very few people whose death I would consider entirely beneficial to the human race. Joey is the purest, darkest example of pure and undiluted EVIL on this site.

And both his shooting at the police and their returning fire were both legal acts....going after the officer who were defending themselves from someone actually shooting at them first.....isn't a fucking crime, you leftist asshat....

They were armed home invaders. They should all have been nailed to crosses and left until their bones fall apart.

Okay....who are you and what did you do with Joe131.......are you back on your meds? You are actually sounding intelligent today.....good job.

You need to understand something: while he normally hates cops with a passion, Joey otherwise worships The State-and I use that word deliberately, it's a matter of religious devotion for him. Since, in this case, the dead woman was not an agent of The State, his worship of authority overrides his usual hatred of cops, at least temporarily.

He initially said he heard nothing. A couple months later someone got him to say something different.

Witness who said police announced themselves at Breonna Taylor's apartment changed story

Not exactly a credible witness.

I wonder if he was told if he didn't say the "right" thing, he (or his wife, child, etc.) might drown in a toilet.

Documents show police believed they had evidence that Kenneth Walker may have sold drugs.

that seemed to say Walker had sold "11 pills" for $6 apiece in a restaurant parking lot. The memo quotes a text exchange in February about Walker's sale of marijuana for "$25 for a half quarter."

Where are the text messages?

None of that garbage is anything concrete, they were just trying to come up with something to cover their ass. It didn't work.

Not when you have a gutless DA who wouldn't back his cops... no. Then we all wonder why the cops won't do their jobs anymore.

Yep and he showed that he is nothing more than a boot licking, Uncle Tom.

Or that the evidence backed the cops.

2 months later, at the time he said he didn't hear them say shit.
2 Months later, under oath, when he was facing perjury charges.

Of course you would, because you have no problem with the cops killing a black woman.

The cops didn't kill her, her boyfriend did.

There isn't a man here who would wait for someone to kick their door down before defending their family. I guess you would run to the door with milk and cookies.

His family? He wasn't married to her. He hadn't even been fucking her for that long.

He knew they were cops, and he shot anyway. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Now, I am the first one to criticize the cops when they REALLY DO use excessive force. Laquan McDonald, George Floyd, Michael Brown, Philandro Castille.

This wasn't one of those cases.

Not when you have a gutless DA who wouldn't back his cops... no. Then we all wonder why the cops won't do their jobs anymore.
Oh now we have a gutless DA, you are correct to gutless to indict rogue cops.
Or that the evidence backed the cops.
How did the evidence back them when you had to lie to obtain a warrant.
2 Months later, under oath, when he was facing perjury charges.
2 months later when he was threatened by rogue cops.
The cops didn't kill her, her boyfriend did.
Really? Show us where Walker shot Breonna. Just more lies.
His family? He wasn't married to her. He hadn't even been fucking her for that long.
So when you started fucking your wife who was your girlfriend at the time you wouldn't defend her.
He knew they were cops, and he shot anyway. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
The only person playing stupid is you.
Now, I am the first one to criticize the cops when they REALLY DO use excessive force. Laquan McDonald, George Floyd, Michael Brown, Philandro Castille.

This wasn't one of those cases.
The good thing is that isn't your call to make.

Oh now we have a gutless DA, you are correct to gutless to indict rogue cops.

Except the DA didn't have a say... the Burn Loot Murder Crowd insisted that the State AG take over the case of the cops, and he decided, "Um, no, there's nothing here."

How did the evidence back them when you had to lie to obtain a warrant.
Except they didn't lie... the argument is that some of the info on the warrant turned out to be incorrect.. which is bad, but not so much. You can't make the argument the shooting was wrong, because Walker shot first.

2 months later when he was threatened by rogue cops.
And then he lied under oath, knowing the community would take it out on him? That doesn't make sense.
Really? Show us where Walker shot Breonna. Just more lies.
No, he shot at cops doing their jobs, and the cops did what you'd expect them to do. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

So when you started fucking your wife who was your girlfriend at the time you wouldn't defend her.
I wouldn't be stupid enough to get into a gunfight with cops, no. That would be stupid. I really don't know what kind of complete idiot would do that.

The only person playing stupid is you.

Not at all. The problem with an organization like Burn Loot Murder is that they need fresh outrages to keep going, and when they can't actually find one, they make one up.

The good thing is that isn't your call to make.
No, it isn't. It will be the call of the majority that has gotten sick and tired of demonizing cops, though. Biden is sucking up to Burn Loot Murder when he should be trying to get crime under control. It will cost him in November.

Except the DA didn't have a say... the Burn Loot Murder Crowd insisted that the State AG take over the case of the cops, and he decided, "Um, no, there's nothing here."
Well we see now that there was plenty there and that the boot licking AG was covering up for the cops.
Except they didn't lie... the argument is that some of the info on the warrant turned out to be incorrect.. which is bad, but not so much. You can't make the argument the shooting was wrong, because Walker shot first.
Nice cop out, Jaynes and Meany, LPD detectives, lied in order to obtain the “no-knock” warrant—now illegal under Kentucky law— that was used to justify the raid that ended Taylor’s life.

Remember the man targeted by Jaynes’ and Meany’s ill-gotten warrant didn’t even live with Taylor and was already in police custody by the time it played out.

Either way, the federal charges against the cops that killed Breonna Taylor should remind everyone that Daniel Cameron is a man who didn’t do his job.

Current LMPD Sgt. Kyle Meany, Detective Kelly Goodlett and former Detective Brett Hankison were also charged with civil rights violations, conspiracy and falsifying records and statements to federal investigators, U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Wednesday.

“Specifically, we allege that Ms. Taylor’s Fourth Amendment rights were violated when defendants Joshua Jaynes, Kyle Meany and Kelly Goodlett sought a warrant to search Ms. Taylor’s home knowing that the officers lacked probable cause for the search.”

This goes far beyond that bullshit about some incorrect info, that straight up lied to obtain the warrant.
And then he lied under oath, knowing the community would take it out on him? That doesn't make sense.
Who said anything about the community taking him out, these rogue cops got to him.
No, he shot at cops doing their jobs, and the cops did what you'd expect them to do. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
There job is not to break the Law, which is exactly what they did. I guess their stupid prize is Federal Charges.
I wouldn't be stupid enough to get into a gunfight with cops, no. That would be stupid. I really don't know what kind of complete idiot would do that.
I am pretty sure he didn't know he was in a gunfight with cops either, since they didn't announce who they were.
Not at all. The problem with an organization like Burn Loot Murder is that they need fresh outrages to keep going, and when they can't actually find one, they make one up.
That was the same lame ass excuse your grandfather and great grandfather said about the NAACP, SCLC, etc.
No, it isn't. It will be the call of the majority that has gotten sick and tired of demonizing cops, though. Biden is sucking up to Burn Loot Murder when he should be trying to get crime under control. It will cost him in November.
Black folks are sick and tired of cops unjustly murdering black folks and then white cowards like you turn your back and try to justify those murderous cops.

Sigh, some people just don't get it.

Well we see now that there was plenty there and that the boot licking AG was covering up for the cops.

Or that he and a grand jury looked at the evidence, realized that Walker shot first, and there was nothing to prosecute.

Nice cop out, Jaynes and Meany, LPD detectives, lied in order to obtain the “no-knock” warrant—now illegal under Kentucky law— that was used to justify the raid that ended Taylor’s life.

Yeah, but you never specifically say WHAT they lied about, which were fairly minor issues. The meat of the warrant was that they had reasonable suspicions that Taylor was holding for Jamarcus Glover.

Remember the man targeted by Jaynes’ and Meany’s ill-gotten warrant didn’t even live with Taylor and was already in police custody by the time it played out.

Except they weren't looking for HIM, they were looking for his drugs and his money.

Either way, the federal charges against the cops that killed Breonna Taylor should remind everyone that Daniel Cameron is a man who didn’t do his job.
No, it's a reminder that Joe Biden is desperate going into a midterm where he's going to lose Congress. Ironically, his embrace of Burn Loot Murder has pretty much driven white people right back into the arms of the Republicans... Hispanics and Asians as well.

This goes far beyond that bullshit about some incorrect info, that straight up lied to obtain the warrant.

About what, SPECIFICALLY?

Who said anything about the community taking him out, these rogue cops got to him.

Do you have any proof of that?

There job is not to break the Law, which is exactly what they did. I guess their stupid prize is Federal Charges.
Well, until DeSantis or Trump get back in the White House, and these charges get dropped.

That was the same lame ass excuse your grandfather and great grandfather said about the NAACP, SCLC, etc.

SCLC wasn't burning shit down. But to the point, um, yeah, funny thing. My dad was as racist as people of his time were, but even he admitted the Civil Rights Movement had a point. But when Jesse Jackson came to town with the bloody shirt and started a riot in 68, he had quite enough. Voted for Republicans until the day he died.

Frankly, I was all for Police Reform, but even my patience has about run out. When you turn Double Jeopardy on its head to file bullshit charges that the County and State chose NOT to file, that's an abuse of the system. Even Obama had the good sense to not pull that shit with Zimmerman or Wilson, and those were MUCH CLEARER CASES of wrongdoing.

Black folks are sick and tired of cops unjustly murdering black folks and then white cowards like you turn your back and try to justify those murderous cops.

And if you are talking about George Floyd, Laquan McDonald, etc. I'm completely with you.

That isn't the case here. Breonna Taylor died because her drug dealing boyfriend decided to go gangsta and shoot it out with the cops.

Did someone ever tell you the story of the Boy who Cried Wolf? At a certain point, when you make these kinds of charges, people just stop believing you.

And for the record, I have the exact same position when it comes to White People. Ruby Ridge and Waco also involved some dicey warrants, but at the end of the day, it was David Koresh and Randy Weaver who were at fault for deciding to shoot it out with Federal Agents doing their jobs.

Sigh, some people just don't get it.
Or that he and a grand jury looked at the evidence, realized that Walker shot first, and there was nothing to prosecute.
Well for one the boot licker didn't present ALL the evidence to the Grand Jury and why is that?
Yeah, but you never specifically say WHAT they lied about, which were fairly minor issues. The meat of the warrant was that they had reasonable suspicions that Taylor was holding for Jamarcus Glover.
The information that they used to obtain the warrant was a lie, what don't you understand about that? You shouldn't be able to kick is someone's door on suspicions.
Except they weren't looking for HIM, they were looking for his drugs and his money.
Didn't find ANY.
No, it's a reminder that Joe Biden is desperate going into a midterm where he's going to lose Congress. Ironically, his embrace of Burn Loot Murder has pretty much driven white people right back into the arms of the Republicans... Hispanics and Asians as well.
This doesn't have a damn thing to do with Joe Biden, this is about getting Justice for a young, black woman who was murdered by rogue cops.
About what, SPECIFICALLY?
Her receiving packages through the Post Office for one, the Post Office put that lie to rest.

Mr. Jaynes met with another detective in his garage and agreed on a story to tell the F.B.I. and their own colleagues to cover up the false and misleading statements the police had made to justify the raid.
Do you have any proof of that?
Why would a man change his story all of a sudden, don't act as if this has never happened before.
Well, until DeSantis or Trump get back in the White House, and these charges get dropped.
Hold your breath on Trump, I don't think he will be holding the office of dog catcher anytime soon.

SCLC wasn't burning shit down.
You're right black churches and homes were being burnt down.
But to the point, um, yeah, funny thing. My dad was as racist as people of his time were, but even he admitted the Civil Rights Movement had a point. But when Jesse Jackson came to town with the bloody shirt and started a riot in 68, he had quite enough. Voted for Republicans until the day he died.
As long as, white folks were the one beating and brutalizing black folks it was civil unrest, but if black folks start burning shit down it is a riot. Funny how that works.
Frankly, I was all for Police Reform, but even my patience has about run out.
Yea sure you were.
When you turn Double Jeopardy on its head to file bullshit charges that the County and State chose NOT to file,
Yea because counties and states always prosecute rogue cops.
that's an abuse of the system. Even Obama had the good sense to not pull that shit with Zimmerman or Wilson, and those were MUCH CLEARER CASES of wrongdoing.
Yea so it is just good to let the murderers go free instead of the Federal Gov't stepping in and doing their job and actually prosecuting wrong doing.
And if you are talking about George Floyd, Laquan McDonald, etc. I'm completely with you.

That isn't the case here. Breonna Taylor died because her drug dealing boyfriend decided to go gangsta and shoot it out with the cops.
Yea that's what it was, what a crock of bullshit.
Did someone ever tell you the story of the Boy who Cried Wolf? At a certain point, when you make these kinds of charges, people just stop believing you.
Didn't hear that one, but I have definitely read and seen the ones of were cops have gotten away with murdering innocent black folks.
And for the record, I have the exact same position when it comes to White People. Ruby Ridge and Waco also involved some dicey warrants, but at the end of the day, it was David Koresh and Randy Weaver who were at fault for deciding to shoot it out with Federal Agents doing their jobs.
This case is no where near any of those cases.

Well for one the boot licker didn't present ALL the evidence to the Grand Jury and why is that?

No, he presented the RELEVENT evidence.

The information that they used to obtain the warrant was a lie, what don't you understand about that? You shouldn't be able to kick is someone's door on suspicions.

Cops fudge warrants all the time. You still don't shoot at them when they are executing them.

Didn't find ANY.

Most search warrants come up empty.

This doesn't have a damn thing to do with Joe Biden, this is about getting Justice for a young, black woman who was murdered by rogue cops.

No, this is about an administration that is beholden to a radical activist group.

Her receiving packages through the Post Office for one, the Post Office put that lie to rest.

Mr. Jaynes met with another detective in his garage and agreed on a story to tell the F.B.I. and their own colleagues to cover up the false and misleading statements the police had made to justify the raid.

Um, okay, what did this have to do with Gangsta Walker shooting at them?

The point is, she WAS receiving packages on behalf of Jamarcus Glover.

Why would a man change his story all of a sudden, don't act as if this has never happened before.

I could think of a dozen reasons... like he wasn't going to support the cops when standing in an angry crowd, but put him in a courtroom under oath, and he felt compelled to tell the truth.

Hold your breath on Trump, I don't think he will be holding the office of dog catcher anytime soon.

If Trump's followers didn't turn on him over J-6, they aren't leaving him over some documents he didn't turn over.

You're right black churches and homes were being burnt down.

As long as, white folks were the one beating and brutalizing black folks it was civil unrest, but if black folks start burning shit down it is a riot. Funny how that works.

It's inexcusable who matter who did it. Sorry you can't see that.

Yea sure you were.

You can check out my previous posts about George Floyd, Laquan McDonald, Tamir Rice... you know, LEGITIMATE cases of police misconduct. I think I was even initially critical of this case, until the facts came to light.

I haven't been on speaking terms with my brother for five years because he is friends with the cop who shot McDonald, and he didn't like me condemning it online.

Yea because counties and states always prosecute rogue cops.

No, they don't... and there a lot of cases where the police should have been held accountable. Tamir Rice and Michael Brown being two of them. This wasn't one of them.

Yea so it is just good to let the murderers go free instead of the Federal Gov't stepping in and doing their job and actually prosecuting wrong doing.

It's not their job to step in where the State has already litigated the issue. That's why our constitution has protections against double jeopardy clearly spelled out.

Didn't hear that one, but I have definitely read and seen the ones of were cops have gotten away with murdering innocent black folks.

So have I. But in this case, this girl died because her boyfriend decided to shoot it out with the cops.

Cops kill an unarmed black person, Im the first one to insist that they should be held accountable.

This case is no where near any of those cases.

Actually, in some respects, they were worse. the ATF outright FRAMED Randy Weaver by selling him a shotgun with a barrel that was 1/4" inch too short, to try to get him to infiltrate gangs of outright fucking Nazis. This was a massive abuse of power. But it all became kind of moot when he shot a Federal Marshall coming to arrest him.

In the case of the Branch Davidians, the ATF lied about them converting weapons (they weren't, but they wrote the warrant to make it sound like they were) and made false claims about a meth lab on the property.

This is a lot more serious than who told the cops that packages were being delivered to Taylor's house for Glover.

Lying to obtain a warrant isn't a part of any job description.

Let's get real... Cops have this habit of making ANYTHING you did sound worse than it was. "Do you know how fast you were going?"

I actually do think this is a problem with Cop Culture, they see everyone else as being perps or potential perps.

End of the day, they really thought they were going to find Jamarcus' Glover's Stash as Taylor's house.

This wasn't a tragedy because they were wrong about her involvement in Glover's drug business, it was a tragedy because her other Gangsta boyfriend decided to shoot it out with the cops.

Forum List

Back