FDR cow towed to Stalin and the Russians.

The US had to choose whether we wanted a Soviet controlled Eastern Europe or a Nazi controlled Western Europe

We chose the former

To challenge RW' commie loving position, which ignores at least as many "realities" and provoke a real discussion of what could and/or should have been done.

But, unfortunately, RW, like most leftwingers, is incapable of reasoned discourse. So it was wasted.
Name any of my posts on this thread that are historically incorrect

Now go back to your ranting and name calling

Can't be bothered. My post stands. YOu asked what I would have done, I told you.
Once again, I demonstrate to all that you can’t back up what you post

Again, refusing to do something does not mean I can't do it. I just am not playing your silly troll boy games.

You asked what I would have done, and I told you.

My advice, if he had asked, would have been to declare the Soviets cobelligerents, not allies.

That would have made it clearer to the people that the Soviets were not friends. And no lend lease for them.

When the war ended, with the nuking of Berlin, the Iron Curtain would have ended up being a few miles outside of Moscow. The Cold War would have been like a stiff breeze, instead of 80 years of nuclear terror.
You still FAIL to identify anything I posted that is historically incorrect

Again, refusing to do something does not mean I can't do it. I just am not playing your silly troll boy games.

You asked what I would have done, and I told you.

My advice, if he had asked, would have been to declare the Soviets cobelligerents, not allies.

That would have made it clearer to the people that the Soviets were not friends. And no lend lease for them.

When the war ended, with the nuking of Berlin, the Iron Curtain would have ended up being a few miles outside of Moscow. The Cold War would have been like a stiff breeze, instead of 80 years of nuclear terror.

Is it just Republicans that find fault with our victory in WWII, most Americans or just posters on the boards?

Positive.

Japan attacked other islands at the same time.

Adolph Hitler had a mutual defense pact with Japan. When we declared war on Japan after Pearl, Hitler was forced to declare war on the US.

German submarines were already sinking US freighters and tankers shipping goods to Great Britain.
Oh, okay.
I just thought Oak Ridge wanted to test their bombs or something.
1f27bba1e27c3e3b36c57d4969cb518d.jpg

Say-Wut-S.png

"Russia's post-war position in Europe will be a dominant one. With Germany crushed, there is no power in Europe to oppose her tremendous military forces."

:laughing0301:

Completely oblivious to the simplest of simplicities, like who attacked who. SMGDH

Oh and while you're wallowing in Ignorance Pit maybe you wanna ask around for that answer from the beginning of this inane "Current Events" thread, as to HOW THE FUCK Europe became FDR's to "give away" at all.

Meh --- maybe not. Way over your pay grade.

"Russia's post-war position in Europe will be a dominant one. With Germany crushed, there is no power in Europe to oppose her tremendous military forces."

Completely oblivious to the simplest of simplicities, like who attacked who. SMGDH

Oh and while you're wallowing in Ignorance Pit maybe you wanna ask around for that answer from the beginning of this inane "Current Events" thread, as to HOW THE FUCK Europe became FDR's to "give away" at all.

The vulgarity every time I have to school you, Stinky.

You moron.....the quote was from Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Hopkins.
And it's documented.

Have you ever read a book?

This comparison is, of course, beyond you, but Roosevelt's plan to give Europe to his inamorata, is comparable to Hussein Obama's plan to turn control of the Middle East to the world's worst state sponsor of terrorism, Iran.
Hence, his guaranteeing them nuclear weapons.

The comparison by two Democrats is stunning and stark......and stupefyingly ignorant.

As are you.

Amazing how Democrat Presidents embrace evil, huh?

Last edited:

And it's documented.

This comparison is, of course, beyond you, but Roosevelt's plan to give Europe to his inamorata, is comparable to Hussein Obama's plan to turn control of the Middle East to the world's worst state sponsor of terrorism, Iran.

The comparison by two Democrats is stunning and stark......and stupefyingly ignorant.

As are you,

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you have no idea. Can't touch the question at all

The OP ran away too when I put that to him. Wimps.

Meanwhile we're still waiting on that cow tow truck crossing the Atlantic in this "current event". Are cows good swimmers? :eusa_think:

And it's documented.

As are you,

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you have no idea. Can't touch the question at all

The OP ran away too when I put that to him. Wimps.

I smashed another custard pie in your ugly kisser.

The good news: it's an improvement.

The US had to choose whether we wanted a Soviet controlled Eastern Europe or a Nazi controlled Western Europe

We chose the former
"I've Never Heard That Before, Even From the Other Side, So It Must Really Be Stupid"

How is that "historically correct"? It is a personal conclusion based on facts, a fallacy of stating that whatever way it turned out must have been the way we were forced to let happen by the reality of the situation.

The shallow historians make a lot of silly judgments. Even Solzhenitsyn made the absurd statement that Stalin had trusted Hitler. I'd mention a lot more, but every link-crazy ventriloquist-dummy on the Internet has too much respect for the professional writers and none at all for any original interpretations.

Is it just Republicans that find fault with our victory in WWII, most Americans or just posters on the boards?

I've seen plenty of people not happy about the Soviets getting half of Europe.

What would you have offered them?

Cold distain for their alliance with Hitler.

OK, then the Soviets would have presented less resistance in the east and Hitler could divert more forces to the west

Do you think FDR could have negotiated with Soviets to give up the territory they had fought and died for?

OK, then the Soviets would have presented less resistance in the east and Hitler could divert more forces to the west

Do you think FDR could have negotiated with Soviets to give up the territory they had fought and died for?

1. Maybe.

2. If they had not made the choice to present the Soviets as good allies, then yes, he could have, especially once the Bomb was in play.

1. Maybe.

2. If they had not made the choice to present the Soviets as good allies, then yes, he could have, especially once the Bomb was in play.

In your alternative history, we provide no support to the Soviets in 1942, 1943, 1944 and they have to fight without our materiel. Could they have won without us? Possibly....but if they lost to the Nazis, we would not have been able to recapture Western Europe.
A Nazi controlled Europe is a worst scenario to a Cold War

Oh, so the USA shouldn’t have given up Western Europe.

The Soviets had just suffered from a devastating invasion that cost them tens of millions of lives. Their cities and infrastructure were ruined.
They were not going to allow belligerent nations on their borders again.
They made sure those captured countries were in compliance with Soviet doctrine

We liberated France, Italy, West Germany and made sure that Western democracies took hold.

The Soviets had just suffered from a devastating invasion that cost them tens of millions of lives. Their cities and infrastructure were ruined.
They were not going to allow belligerent nations on their borders again.
They made sure those captured countries were in compliance with Soviet doctrine

We liberated France, Italy, West Germany and made sure that Western democracies took hold.
Yet today Russia is surrounded by enemies, thanks to the USA.

Trying to justify Stalin’s tyrannical actions, is absurd. The Red Army was enormous and battle tested at the end of WWII. All of the other European nations were destroyed. No nation other than the US, could threaten their dominance. They had nothing to fear.

1. Maybe.

In your alternative history, we provide no support to the Soviets in 1942, 1943, 1944 and they have to fight without our materiel. Could they have won without us? Possibly....but if they lost to the Nazis, we would not have been able to recapture Western Europe.
A Nazi controlled Europe is a worst scenario to a Cold War

Soooo, which is your position? That the nazis would steamroll them, and then be able to sent more units to the West, or that the Soviets would win and then hold Western Europe?

Forum List

Back