Farewell Chris Christie

Today ends the Chris Christie era in New Jersey

I remember him as a Federal Prosecutor tracking down and prosecuting political corruption before he ran for office

Christie came in as a tough, no nonsense Governor who took no crap in press conferences and would viciously attack anyone who dared question his positions. He was a known bully who enjoyed tormenting any opposition.

His initial successes were in reforming the NJ pension system and balancing the budget. He cancelled the Hudson River rail tunnel. A decision that will hurt NJ for decades

His high point came during Hurricane Sandy where he threatened anyone who failed to evacuate. Get off the beaches!
Christie worked tirelessly after the hurricane hit and reached bipartisan agreements with Obama to help the state. He obviously put the needs of the people over partisan politics

Christie was overwhelmingly re-elected in 2011 and had huge popularity

That is when his governorship fell apart

The Bridgegate scandal showed Christie at his worst as he mocked anyone that questioned him. The "punishment of Ft Lee" was typical Christie bullying but could not be directly linked to him

Once Christie had Presidential aspirations it was obvious he was making decisions that were in the best interests of his presidential aspirations and not in the best interests of NJ. While it can be forgiven that he had to neglect his Governors duties while campaigning, he continued to neglect his job as he endorsed Trump and was trying to get on his ticket

Christies approval went into the teens and his low point came when he blatantly lounged on his Island Beach residence while the park was closed during a government shutdown.

As he leaves office today....Most New Jersey residents won't miss him

And the NJ cycle will continue where they elected a guy who will raise taxes and pander only to the public workers and other special interest groups, and then they will elect another "Republican lite" and start the cycle all over again.
They're only human, and from Jersey...

Just can't trust people from a place where they can't make left turns effectively.
It's too small to need to make any left handed turns.. You should see how folks around here in the sticks reacted to a two lane one way street...

I can imagine.

I just hate jughandles.

I hated them until I bought a house in Maryland and saw what happened to traffic patterns without jughandles

The traffic lights are a lot faster with Jughandles. In MD, I have to wait forever for the light to change

And the NJ cycle will continue where they elected a guy who will raise taxes and pander only to the public workers and other special interest groups, and then they will elect another "Republican lite" and start the cycle all over again.
They're only human, and from Jersey...

Just can't trust people from a place where they can't make left turns effectively.
It's too small to need to make any left handed turns.. You should see how folks around here in the sticks reacted to a two lane one way street...

I can imagine.

I just hate jughandles.

I hated them until I bought a house in Maryland and saw what happened to traffic patterns without jughandles

The traffic lights are a lot faster with Jughandles. In MD, I have to wait forever for the light to change

I grew up in NYC where we can make left turns like big boys. :badgrin:

New Jersey is a shit hole. I used to have family there, but like everyone else they picked up and left for greener pastures
I loved living there, did so twice.... but I suppose where, in New Jersey matters.....we lived on the coast/beach in south Jersey and it was really nice...... of course this was decades ago.... don't know what it is like now?

I lived on the southern NJ shore for several years, it was awesome. Sadly today it looks like crime has spilled out from the Philly/Cherry hill area into southern NJ, drugs would be my guess. Ocean City is still doing well but other areas not so much. Its bad when Cape May has more crimes now than Atlantic City.

I remember him as a Federal Prosecutor tracking down and prosecuting political corruption before he ran for office

Christie came in as a tough, no nonsense Governor who took no crap in press conferences and would viciously attack anyone who dared question his positions. He was a known bully who enjoyed tormenting any opposition.

His initial successes were in reforming the NJ pension system and balancing the budget. He cancelled the Hudson River rail tunnel. A decision that will hurt NJ for decades

His high point came during Hurricane Sandy where he threatened anyone who failed to evacuate. Get off the beaches!
Christie worked tirelessly after the hurricane hit and reached bipartisan agreements with Obama to help the state. He obviously put the needs of the people over partisan politics

The Bridgegate scandal showed Christie at his worst as he mocked anyone that questioned him. The "punishment of Ft Lee" was typical Christie bullying but could not be directly linked to him

Once Christie had Presidential aspirations it was obvious he was making decisions that were in the best interests of his presidential aspirations and not in the best interests of NJ. While it can be forgiven that he had to neglect his Governors duties while campaigning, he continued to neglect his job as he endorsed Trump and was trying to get on his ticket

Christies approval went into the teens and his low point came when he blatantly lounged on his Island Beach residence while the park was closed during a government shutdown.

What bipartisan agreements with obozo? All they did was do a photo op. That’s not compromise.

What bipartisan agreements with obozo? All they did was do a photo op. That’s not compromise.
The pseudocons on this forum went batshit crazy just because of one photo of Christie touching Obama.

Christie went from pseudocon hero to leper in a microsecond.

The pseudocons on this forum went batshit crazy just because of one photo of Christie touching Obama.

Christie went from pseudocon hero to leper in a microsecond.

Christie understood the optics of the situation, and he indeed did help Obama get re-elected. He sold out

Ah, you see? Rocko literally just demonstrated my point.

Before:

A microsecond after I mention Christie touching Obama:

Christie understood the optics of the situation, and he indeed did help Obama get re-elected. He sold out

Term limits ?

Why cant we have that with Nancy, Pocahontas and that dumb bitch Maxine?

It was more than a photo-op
Christie worked out the immediate release of federal aid and was not adverse to being photographed with the President

Term limits ?

Christies poor performance would have been a term limit

Term limits ?

I didn't bother looking it up my guess was term limits ,yes or no?

It was more than a photo-op
Christie worked out the immediate release of federal aid and was not adverse to being photographed with the President

I still wouldn’t call that bipartisanship. I think you’re setting the bar low

Term limits ?

You stupid .
It was term limits numb nuts

Term limits ?

You stupid .
It was term limits numb nuts

Why do Conservatives struggle so much with the English language?

Look up "would have been"

Forum List

Back