Family Of Victim Killed By Police; Awarded $15 Million Settlement -- Who Should Pay??

Well, he was detained, he was searched, he refused, he resisted.

Unlike many of these, I have actually watched this video from first contact to the end.

This ruling is bullshit.

LOL, because they should have relied on internet message board experts. LOL

That officer is going to have a rough time in prison.

He almost certainly has a sub Saharan IQ. Look at the dumb shit he posts. Id say you are in that category too. You struggle with the simplest concepts.

Yes, I struggle with the simple concept that the police are gods that must be obeyed without question. I am just odd that way, but thank goodness for the police they have sheep like you that will obey without thought.

Yes, I struggle with the simple concept that the police are gods that must be obeyed without question. I am just odd that way, but thank goodness for the police they have sheep like you that will obey without thought.
Struggle with the concept all you want, it doesnt change a damn thing. If a cop detains you, you are LEGALLY obligated to obey his commands.

Struggle with the concept all you want, it doesnt change a damn thing. If a cop detains you, you are LEGALLY obligated to obey his commands.

Keep telling yourself that. The next time a cop detains you and tells you to blow him, I am sure you will be happy to comply.

"The Denver suburb of Aurora has agreed to pay $15 million to settle a lawsuit brought by the parents of Elijah McClain, a Black man who died after suburban Denver police stopped him on the street and put him in a neckhold two years ago, the city and a family attorney have announced. The lawsuit alleged the police’s violent treatment of McClain amounted to torture and was part of a pattern of racially biased policing that has involved aggression and violence against Black people.

The local prosecutor declined to file charges against the three officers who confronted McClain, However, a grand jury indicted the officers and two paramedics in September following an investigation by Attorney General Phil Weiser. An outside investigation commissioned by the city faulted the police for not pressing for answers about how officers treated him. It found there was no evidence justifying officers’ decision to stop McClain."

15 million dollars?? Who is going to pay for it?? The taxpayers?? The police unions? An insurance company?? Now to recap what happened.......this man was stopped by police with no probable cause. The man did not cooperate with the police; nor did he have an obligation to -- he was later put into a chokehold and shot with horse tranquilizer...and died...maybe it was self-defense?? --- However, to remove all benefits of a doubt a reasonable person would have given these officers -- we find out that one of the arresting officers; along with 2 other officers were fired for taking a photo re-enacting the chokehold on Elijah, at his memorial....as some sort of goofy gag for laughs...because you know, that's professional...

With some bad news like this dropping on a day that one of the best verdicts in US history came down; it's obvious the timing of this decision was orchestrated by the left to try to throw shade on a glorious day for America....
I guess the same people who is paying for the distribution of the COVID vaccines.

I guess the same people who is paying for the distribution of the COVID vaccines.

How was "Operation Warp Speed" paid for??

And how come morons like you were not railing against it back then??

I swear you Trumpers are pathetic

I am ignorant so point out exactly where it states what you claim.
5. Where a reasonably prudent officer is warranted in the circumstances of a given case in believing that his safety or that of others is endangered, he may make a reasonable search for weapons of the person believed by him to be armed and dangerous regardless of whether he has probable cause to arrest that individual for crime or the absolute certainty that the individual is armed. Pp. 20-27.

Even though no crime has been committed, they can still detain and search him.

5. Where a reasonably prudent officer is warranted in the circumstances of a given case in believing that his safety or that of others is endangered, he may make a reasonable search for weapons of the person believed by him to be armed and dangerous regardless of whether he has probable cause to arrest that individual for crime or the absolute certainty that the individual is armed. Pp. 20-27.

Even though no crime has been committed, they can still detain and search him.
Read the first two sentences. He can't just walk up to someone out the blue and say, "I'm going to search you."

Read the first two sentences. He can't just walk up to someone out the blue and say, "I'm going to search you."
That isnt what happened. :cuckoo:

The cops were called by a concerned citizen and they were sent by dispatch to check him out. You think they should have ignored that call?

The man did not cooperate with the police; nor did he have an obligation to -- he was later put into a chokehold and shot with horse tranquilizer...and died...maybe it was self-defense??
nor did he have an obligation to
Why?

Do we not have an obligation to comply with lawful police orders or is that only a rule for white people?

Seriously, I think this comment right here is the root of all this "police violence."

If there's no obligation to comply with lawful police orders, as you suggest, Ice Cube was right. Fuck tha Police. We don't need them. We are all armed up anyway.

What's it gonna be?

He can't do a full search but can a pat for weapons.

He can stop them and ask question in while conducting an investigation. If the person stopped refuses to answer questions and/or cooperate in that investigation, that person is likely to become a suspect, and the police can hold them for a period of time while they investigate further.

But, I agree that they cannot be searched other than a pat down for weapons (SCOTUS ruled it was not unreasonable to pat for weapons for the safety of all involved).

A huge majority of these police shoot/brutality issue start with the belief that police do not have the authority to stop people and investigate, LIKE WE AS A SOCIETY HAVE ASKED THEM TO DO.

But I ask you the same question--fuck tha police and we all protect ourselves?

What's it gonna be?

I am good either way.

It seems like most people who have a bad experience with police are those who do not know the difference between a lawful police order and an unlawful police order.

A lot of this stuff starts and ends with not being a dick, but that's another issue for another thread.

Forum List

Back