Faith is Born from Fear

Life without faith is empty. Most people require meaning to live. Therefore, it is not entirely irrational to have Faith. Perhaps our species can one day evolve to a point where we can place our Faith in each other instead of religion and dogma. Until then, most people will turn to God(s).

Life without faith is empty. Most people require meaning to live. Therefore, it is not entirely irrational to have Faith. Perhaps our species can one day evolve to a point where we can place our Faith in each other instead of religion and dogma. Until then, most people will turn to God(s).

I don't think a lie is good no matter how good it makes you feel. I want to know the truth. That's what I seek. And when I ponder and don't know, that's ok with me. I'm not afraid. I might be a little sad at the thought one day it'll be over and maybe it'll be a horrible death rather than a quick one, but I don't fear death. I was dead before i was born and it didn't bother me one bit.

I do wonder/hope for something more after I die. That's just probably wishful thinking.

That shit christians muslims mormons and jews tell you, don't listen to them. They made it all up.

I got a flyer on my hood. Dr Judy is coming to town for a month in Plymouth, MI. She's going to tell people

How you can find piece and eternal life, tell what happens when you die, what happens right before end times, what role the USA plays, truth about the rapture, who the antichrist is and the mark of the beast and are heaven and hell real.

That's all completely praying on weak minded fearful people. You think this is good for them? To be conned by this church? Yes religions do a lot of good. Tell that to the Catholic kids that got molested or the 1400 kids in Ireland that got raped by muslims.

People need to know the truth. I need to make up my own flyer.

I don't think a lie is good no matter how good it makes you feel. I want to know the truth. That's what I seek. And when I ponder and don't know, that's ok with me. I'm not afraid. I might be a little sad at the thought one day it'll be over and maybe it'll be a horrible death rather than a quick one, but I don't fear death. I was dead before i was born and it didn't bother me one bit.

I do wonder/hope for something more after I die. That's just probably wishful thinking.

That shit christians muslims mormons and jews tell you, don't listen to them. They made it all up.

I got a flyer on my hood. Dr Judy is coming to town for a month in Plymouth, MI. She's going to tell people

How you can find piece and eternal life, tell what happens when you die, what happens right before end times, what role the USA plays, truth about the rapture, who the antichrist is and the mark of the beast and are heaven and hell real.

That's all completely praying on weak minded fearful people. You think this is good for them? To be conned by this church? Yes religions do a lot of good. Tell that to the Catholic kids that got molested or the 1400 kids in Ireland that got raped by muslims.

Ok. Here is the truth. You don't have a clue whether there is a God or not, or what the nature of God is if there is one. None of us do. All of the claims and assertions on both sides are nothing but pure belief. The more certain those assertions are, the greater the level of unsupported faith. You haven't freed yourself from belief, you have only changed your faith.

Ok. Here is the truth. You don't have a clue whether there is a God or not, or what the nature of God is if there is one. None of us do. All of the claims and assertions on both sides are nothing but pure belief. The more certain those assertions are, the greater the level of unsupported faith. You haven't freed yourself from belief, you have only changed your faith.

Agreed. Can the people I argue with agree with you?

It doesn't matter. Belief may sometimes be in compliance with reality but it doesn't create reality.

It doesn't matter. Belief may sometimes be in compliance with reality but it doesn't create reality.

Thread is Faith is Born of Fear. The flyer on my car says it all. If we go to the meeting they're going to tell us:

How to find peace and find eternal life. If I'm worried about such things I would go to hear more.

What happens after death? Are you worried about that? If you are you'll show up. Will you believe her? Why? Tell me what evidence she presented to you.

What role the USA plays in bible prophecy, the rapture, mark of the beast, anti christ and is heaven and hell for real.

So, is religion born out of fear? You tell me.

so is patriotism, apparently. So is the republican party. the tea party. etc.. so is violence. war. etc.. I'll choose my religion over any of these other things you suppose are started by fear

so is patriotism, apparently. So is the republican party. the tea party. etc.. so is violence. war. etc.. I'll choose my religion over any of these other things you suppose are started by fear

Our government is supposed to look out for all the citizens. What is good for everybody.

Now there are always going to be poor people, but how many is too many? And there are always going to be rich people. But how much of the nations wealth is too much? If they use to have 75% of the wealth and the rest of us 25% and the economy worked that way, and now they have 90% and it doesn't work, OUR government of the people needs to do some social engineering through regulations, tax breaks, tariffs, minimum wage hikes, etc. Unregulated Libertarian Free Markets have never even been tried let alone proven to work. They don't. That's what they had in Europe with the small ruling elite, the small merchant class and the huge masses called the surfs or peasants. Remember the good old days?

And people today don't remember how life was for seniors before SS and Medicare. Do they really want to retire and have to pay the free market for healthcare? With no pension or social security? That would be the GOP dream. Every man for himself. Before the New Deal lots of old people died without dignity or $.

Our government is supposed to look out for all the citizens. What is good for everybody.

Now there are always going to be poor people, but how many is too many? And there are always going to be rich people. But how much of the nations wealth is too much? If they use to have 75% of the wealth and the rest of us 25% and the economy worked that way, and now they have 90% and it doesn't work, OUR government of the people needs to do some social engineering through regulations, tax breaks, tariffs, minimum wage hikes, etc. Unregulated Libertarian Free Markets have never even been tried let alone proven to work. They don't. That's what they had in Europe with the small ruling elite, the small merchant class and the huge masses called the surfs or peasants. Remember the good old days?

And people today don't remember how life was for seniors before SS and Medicare. Do they really want to retire and have to pay the free market for healthcare? With no pension or social security? That would be the GOP dream. Every man for himself. Before the New Deal lots of old people died without dignity or $.

Damn, that is the single best example of fear based justification I have ever seen.

Thread is Faith is Born of Fear. The flyer on my car says it all. If we go to the meeting they're going to tell us:

How to find peace and find eternal life. If I'm worried about such things I would go to hear more.

What happens after death? Are you worried about that? If you are you'll show up. Will you believe her? Why? Tell me what evidence she presented to you.

What role the USA plays in bible prophecy, the rapture, mark of the beast, anti christ and is heaven and hell for real.

No. It's not. Neither is faith. Anger is born of fear. Hatred and distrust are born of fear. Prejudice is born of fear. There are lots of things humans do which are born of fear. Religion and faith are not among them.

No. It's not. Neither is faith. Anger is born of fear. Hatred and distrust are born of fear. Prejudice is born of fear. There are lots of things humans do which are born of fear. Religion and faith are not among them.

Religion and faith are mental tools to assist people in accessing their subconscious minds (prayer) and finding meaning and direction in a chaotic existence. Most people need it, although certainly not all. So long as people are not hurting others, I see no harm in it. Statements suggesting that Catholics and Muslims are child rapists (generalizing- which is a logical fallacy) are far more ignorant. People who target children will use any method to obtain access.

What is faith? ....It can also be defined as belief that is not based on proof

Ever hear of the fear of the unknown? Every animal has a healthy fear of the unknown. So, faith is born out of fear no question about it.

What is faith? ....It can also be defined as belief that is not based on proof

Ever hear of the fear of the unknown? Every animal has a healthy fear of the unknown. So, faith is born out of fear no question about it.
You are correct that each animal has a fear of the unknown. Without it, they would be extinct. However, humans are control freaks, lol. And ego centric.. we need to be in control and know what, why, where, and everything else in between.

Forum List

Back