Faith Healing

If he made it that obvious, there would be no need for faith, which is what He is looking for in us. If you had any faith, you might get a glimpse of God's power but I don't think your arrogance would allow it. Too bad for you. You're your own worst enemy.
The problem, of course, is that attitudes such as yours causes children to die from preventable disease because parents will withhold competent medical care in place of prayer.

Fortunately, these cases generally wind up in court with the parents being held accountable.
I assume you're talking about the kind of faith healing where someone puts their hands on someone and supposedly cures them of diseases or injuries. That's not faith healing because the afflicted person is actually putting their faith in the person putting their hands on them. I don't believe in that either. Feel better now?
You assume incorrectly. I wrote specifically "parents will withhold competent medical care in place of prayer".

God can and does heal people miraculously . I have been healed miraculously. I have no doubt He can and does heal amputees.

healings happen according to the faith of those involved. Some injuries or illnesses are easier to heal because it's easier to have faith than others. Some healing only takes place after much fasting and prayer.

the Lord has brought people back from the dead before. It doesn't happen frequently because of lack of faith.

I've seen legs healed. I know a child who had his head crushed by a school bus who was healed. I know of a man whose hip was rebuilt by the Lord.

it happens. But if you are seeking signs before you believe you will never comprehend. It would be more prudent to stop your affair and be faithful to your spouse, humbling yourself before the Lord in repentance. Because faith proceeds the miracle.
I'm suggesting your claimed miracle cures are totally absent any verifiable data. Of course, you could refute that with published, peer-reviewed medical data. Ya' got anything like that?

What a shame all those losers who died from cancer last year didn't have your lords watching over them. I guess they were just losers who deserved to die.

those who have died from cancer and other travails are still being watched over by the Lord. He loves them so much He died for them before they were born. Because of His sacrifice they will be resurrected into immortality.

this mortal existence we are in is not meant to last forever. That's not the point. Nor is it bad when those who have fulfilled their purpose in life passes to the other side.

we have nothing to fear in death unless we have wasted the time we've been given and not repented.

God can and does heal people miraculously . I have been healed miraculously. I have no doubt He can and does heal amputees.

healings happen according to the faith of those involved. Some injuries or illnesses are easier to heal because it's easier to have faith than others. Some healing only takes place after much fasting and prayer.

the Lord has brought people back from the dead before. It doesn't happen frequently because of lack of faith.

I've seen legs healed. I know a child who had his head crushed by a school bus who was healed. I know of a man whose hip was rebuilt by the Lord.

it happens. But if you are seeking signs before you believe you will never comprehend. It would be more prudent to stop your affair and be faithful to your spouse, humbling yourself before the Lord in repentance. Because faith proceeds the miracle.

Those are some extraordinary claims you are making.

A man whose legs grew back and a child who was resurrected would be big news. Can you show, and not just tell, that these things happened? Were they isolated incidents or does it happen more frequently? If so, how come NO ONE ever reports on them? What about similar claims made by other faiths like Hinduism or Buddhism? Are their claims without merit? If so, why should we give your claims any more credence than theirs?

You say that I would not comprehend God's signs before I believe in God. That implies that God's signs don't bring any to the Faith. How can one come to believe in God without a sign from Him? That's like saying you can only believe in God by believing in God. That's circular logic.

Can you answer all of these questions? Can you really answer any of them?

not all of us run to the news to announce the miracles in our life. We keep it sacred. Especially since there are people who will mock such experiences

What a shame all those losers who died from cancer last year didn't have your lords watching over them. I guess they were just losers who deserved to die.

The total disconnect in this post says it all :rolleyes:

If he made it that obvious, there would be no need for faith, which is what He is looking for in us. If you had any faith, you might get a glimpse of God's power but I don't think your arrogance would allow it. Too bad for you. You're your own worst enemy.
The problem, of course, is that attitudes such as yours causes children to die from preventable disease because parents will withhold competent medical care in place of prayer.

Fortunately, these cases generally wind up in court with the parents being held accountable.
I assume you're talking about the kind of faith healing where someone puts their hands on someone and supposedly cures them of diseases or injuries. That's not faith healing because the afflicted person is actually putting their faith in the person putting their hands on them. I don't believe in that either. Feel better now?
You assume incorrectly. I wrote specifically "parents will withhold competent medical care in place of prayer".
I don't disagree with that either.

not all of us run to the news to announce the miracles in our life. We keep it sacred. Especially since there are people who will mock such experiences

Reporters don't need to interview the families, only the doctors, coroners, investigators, witnesses, etc.

That NO ONE has ever reported on these miraculous events strains credulity and your response sounds like a convenient excuse. Additionally, why wouldn't those involved not want to share the "good news" with verifiable, indisputable evidence of the righteousness of their faith?

Why can't one of the faithful ever answer ALL of my questions? Why is it they cherry pick which ones they want to answer and then answer with a superficial sound byte like the one above? I want a real discussion and can never get one from the faithful. Why is that? I am challenging your beliefs. Are none of you up to the challenge?

Reporters don't need to interview the families, only the doctors, coroners, investigators, witnesses, etc.

That NO ONE has ever reported on these miraculous events strains credulity and your response sounds like a convenient excuse. Additionally, why wouldn't those involved not want to share the "good news" with verifiable, indisputable evidence of the righteousness of their faith?

Why can't one of the faithful ever answer ALL of my questions? Why is it they cherry pick which ones they want to answer and then answer with a superficial sound byte like the one above? I want a real discussion and can never get one from the faithful. Why is that? I am challenging your beliefs. Are none of you up to the challenge?
No you don't, you want to ridicule other people's beliefs.

Christian denominations have founded thousands of hospitals around the world. The OP is seeking to cause hatred and bigotry against ALL Christians, because SOME of us believe in faith healing as an alternative to modern medicine. However, that is not the belief system of any major denomination, only those on the fringe.

Not up to the challenge? Just say so.

Christian denominations have founded thousands of hospitals around the world. The OP is seeking to cause hatred and bigotry against ALL Christians, because SOME of us believe in faith healing as an alternative to modern medicine. However, that is not the belief system of any major denomination, only those on the fringe.

First of all I am not seeking to cause hatred. Bigotry is not something I can cause.

Secondly, I wrote in the OP that MANY believe in faith healing not ALL, and didn't single out any particular faith such as Christianity.

But go ahead, play the victim.

As far as faith healing is concerned, the Catholic Church has been documenting miracles for almost 2000 years. To be canonized a saint, a candidate must have three proven miracles to his or her name. Most of these miracles are healing that cannot be explained by medical science.

There are also the thousands of documented miraculous healings at Lourdes.

Anyone who is interested in learning about miracles can check out any Catholic website.

As far as faith healing is concerned, the Catholic Church has been documenting miracles for almost 2000 years. To be canonized a saint, a candidate must have three proven miracles to his or her name. Most of these miracles are healing that cannot be explained by medical science.

Anyone who is interested in learning about miracles can check out any Catholic website.

It 'stoopid to hear about miracles. Hear? what good is that?

Miracles have to be experienced by yourself...by each of us.

Not up to the challenge? Just say so.
It's not a challenge, it's baiting.

Using Catholic websites to research whether or not miracles occur is like using UFO websites to research whether UFOs exist. Or better yet, it's like using Muslim websites to research whether Muslim miracles occur. In other wors, not credible.

An estimated 5 million people go to Lourdes annually. The success rate of healings that happen is about .0000335%. From: Lourdes - The Skeptic s Dictionary - Skepdic.com That isa smaller rare than spontaneous remission in serious illnesses.

None of those "cured" at Lourdes regrew limbs.

Forum List

Back