Fact-The North also practiced slavery during the civil war. Should the american flag be banned too?

The confederate traitor flag is being rejected and taken down because it is offensive to a large portion of the American population. When you can find even a small portion of Americans who are offended by the American flag, let us know. Until than please try to STFU with your loser racist crap.

It offends people because the south supported slavery during the civil war. But as the board has explained to you a hundred times, so did the north. THINK
No, the board has explained your uninformed and uneducated concept. The north supported the border states and tolerated their slavery positions because it was better to tolerate them as allies who supplied volunteers than to not tolerate them and make them enemies.
By the way, two of those border states contributed significantly to winning the Yankee victory at Gettysburg. Maryland contributed over 40,000 troops and a Delaware held the stone wall during Pickett's Charge.

Did they secede? The EP only freed Slaves in Rebel states.

Yup - lincoln controlled the north and could have freed the slaves there but he chose not to. Instead he issued the EP which specifically stated it only applied to the rebel states - states he had no control over.!!! The EP freed no slaves. It was a PR stunt to keep france and england out of the war and it worked at doing that.

Lincolns goal was not to abolish slavery in the South. The South fell on it's own sword.

Yep- the North did not go to war to abolish slavery- that was just the end result.

The South however, did go to war to preserve slavery- which resulted in the premature end of slavery.

If the South had not attempted to secede they would have been able to continue to own people for at least a couple more decades and would probably have been able to get the rest of the country to compensate them for no longer being able to own other human beings.

Come on man. Get over it, ya racist white redneck loons. You lost. It's over. Has been for a 150 years. Your flag represents to African Americans, what the Nazi Flag represents to Jews. We respect our Jewish citizens' feelings by not raising the Nazi Flag on Government grounds. And we should respect our African American citizens the same way.

Fuck your feelings. Grab a tissue and shut the fuck up!!

We're a nation that respects its citizens' feelings. You racist sister-fuckers are just gonna have to deal with that.

Awww poor widdle guy got his feeling hurt. WUSSY!!

My feelings aren't hurt. It's you racist white sister-fuckers who are butt-hurt. Even some of your fellow Republicans are supporting removing the racist flag from Government grounds. It's good to see you're not all camo-wearing, sister-fucking racist rednecks. I'm encouraged.

You really shouldn't talk about your sister in that manner.

Lame. Why don't you head off to Walmart for some more camo & ammo. But hey, you won't find your racist redneck flag there anymore. Even Walmart is out of the racist redneck flag business. Boo Hoo for y'all sister-fuckers. ;(

There is no Confederacy. Hasn't been for a 150 years. They shouldn't still be raising that flag on Government grounds. It only represents hate & bigotry at this point. If a dumb racist sister-fucking redneck wants to wave it around, that's fine. But it shouldn't be raised on Government grounds.

You have no idea what this thread is about do you? Both the north and the south supported slavery during the civil war so the question is - why is the south the bad guy on the slavery issue? THINK

No, the board has explained your uninformed and uneducated concept. The north supported the border states and tolerated their slavery positions because it was better to tolerate them as allies who supplied volunteers than to not tolerate them and make them enemies.

Yup - if the north had told the border states to end slavery, they'd have gone with the south and the north would have lost the war for sure.

Lincolns goal was not to abolish slavery in the South. .

And he said that many times. His goal was to preserve the union and keep those tariff dollars from the south going to the north. He repeatedly said he thought slavery was wrong but had no authority and no inclination to end it.

There is no Confederacy. Hasn't been for a 150 years. They shouldn't still be raising that flag on Government grounds. It only represents hate & bigotry at this point. If a dumb racist sister-fucking redneck wants to wave it around, that's fine. But it shouldn't be raised on Government grounds.

You have no idea what this thread is about do you? Both the north and the south supported slavery during the civil war so the question is - why is the south the bad guy on the slavery issue? THINK

Because the Confederacy went to war to protect the right to own slaves. And the United States abolished slavery by 1865.

Lincolns goal was not to abolish slavery in the South. .

And he said that many times. His goal was to preserve the union and keep those tariff dollars from the south going to the north. He repeatedly said he thought slavery was wrong but had no authority and no inclination to end it.

Yet Lincoln in the end did end slavery- both through the Emancipation Proclamation, and through his promotion of the 13th Amendment. Lincoln sought to convince the slave states to end slavery voluntarily- they didn't like that idea.

If the South had not attempted to secede they would have been able to continue to own people for at least a couple more decades and would probably have been able to get the rest of the country to compensate them for no longer being able to own other human beings.

It's good that we no longer allow humans to be bought and sold. Except in pro sports, of course.

[
Because the Confederacy went to war to protect the right to own slaves. And the United States abolished slavery by 1865.

What a preposterous lie. Lincoln said many times the south could keep their slaves if they would stay in the union.

Let me get this straight. My post was deleted for suggesting the guy was talking about his sister when I was called a sister-fucker?

Let me get this straight. My post was deleted for suggesting the guy was talking about his sister when I was called a sister-fucker?
Rules say not your business to question publicly such ruling.

Back to business here: you lost the Civil War. It's over. The South was executed. Most appropriately.

Back to business here: you lost the Civil War. It's over. The South was executed. Most appropriately.

Well I hate to burst your bubble but we have a little thing called the Constitution and it specifically states in the very First Amendment that I have the freedom of speech, of the press, of association, of assembly and petition -- this set of guarantees, comprises what is referred to as freedom of expression.

It's a freedom you enjoy everyday. You should be grateful for the great nation's history and accomplishments instead of wanting to destroy it.

But hey, you're just another liberal and you act accordingly.

Well I hate to burst your bubble but we have a little thing called the Constitution and it specifically states in the very First Amendment that I have the freedom of speech, of the press, of association, of assembly and petition -- this set of guarantees, comprises what is referred to as freedom of expression.

It's a freedom you enjoy everyday. You should be grateful for the great nation's history and accomplishments instead of wanting to destroy it.

You do not have complete freedom of speech to say whatever wherever whenever you want, podjo. You are very foolish if you think you do. The Board is a private business, and that sets the rules on speech here. You can certainly go elsewhere.

You do not have complete freedom of speech to say whatever wherever whenever you want, podjo. You are very foolish if you think you do. The Board is a private business, and that sets the rules on speech here. You can certainly go elsewhere.

Sure I do. I can say anything I want and you cannot and will not silence me. I will fly any banner I want and there is nothing you nor anyone else can do.

Yes, the north had 4 states ( ky md de mo) that practiced legal widespread slavery during the war. Around 400,000 slaves combined in the 4 states.
Fact. Legal slaves in the north were not freed by the Emancipation Proclaimation.

If the South went to war to protect slavery, what was it that threatened slavery? Nothing. No one challenged the right to slavery until the Civil War had raged for three years.

Sure I do. I can say anything I want and you cannot and will not silence me. I will fly any banner I want and there is nothing you nor anyone else can do.
The Board mods can ban you if you step out of line as they have before. And your libertarian nonsense is . . . nonsense. Walk into the Crockett police station and say in a loud voice, "I have a gun, motherfuckers; whatchu going to do about it?"

Forum List

Back