"Fact Checking"

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
When it comes to politics, there is no such thing as 'facts.' This supposed MSM 'fact checking' is nothing more than going to the internet and cherry-picking 'sources' that agree with whatever 'facts' they decide to 'check.' It's actually pretty arrogant and condescending for them to think we do not have the same access to 'facts' contrary to what they claim.

When it comes to politics, there is no such thing as 'facts.' This supposed MSM 'fact checking' is nothing more than going to the internet and cherry-picking 'sources' that agree with whatever 'facts' they decide to 'check.' It's actually pretty arrogant and condescending for them to think we do not have the same access to 'facts' contrary to what they claim.

Facts are facts. "Alternative facts" are what Trump supporters deal in. That and spinning their own little reality. Just ask Kellyann. :)

I mean these fact checkers will tell us the percentage of truthfulness in a claim, which is bullshit, because a fact isn’t quantifiable. It’s either a fact or it’s not, but these fact checkers give people the impression that half truths count as facts.

Politifact may as well be owned by Pelosi and Schiff.
Is that a fact?
That's what my pet monkey, Epstein told me.
fun58.jpg

I mean these fact checkers will tell us the percentage of truthfulness in a claim, which is bullshit, because a fact isn’t quantifiable. It’s either a fact or it’s not, but these fact checkers give people the impression that half truths count as facts.
Wow are you naïve.

Do you not realize that a grain of truth can be used to tell a lie?

The Soviet Russians were masters at it

Politifact may as well be owned by Pelosi and Schiff.
Is that a fact?
Yes acmm
Facts are facts. "Alternative facts" are what Trump supporters deal in. That and spinning their own little reality. Just ask Kellyann. :)
Democrats deal in alternative facts as we saw for the past 4 years in their failed Russia/Trump investigation and their unilateral 'impeachment' just ask Pelosi. :auiqs.jpg:

Wow are you naïve.

And that was my point. The fact checkers models are inherently flawed.

Wow are you naïve.

Funny you should mention it...

The fact checkers assign arbitrary numbers to claims and people aren’t expected to question them.

The fact checkers assign arbitrary numbers to claims and people aren’t expected to question them.
They do more than assign numbers. They explain and document what they have to say

They do more than assign numbers. They explain and document what they have to say
Anyone can go to the Internet and find 'numbers' and 'documentation' to explain anything they want. Fact checking is at the very least an insulting, arrogant endeavor and at worst a way to create your own alternative facts and fake truths. Biden actually said..."We choose truth over facts!!!" What he really meant to say is: We choose our own made up truth over real facts.

It's unfair to fact-check in any case.
It's a well-known fact that facts have a liberal bias.
And that's a fact.

It's a well-known fact that facts have a liberal bias.
And that's a fact.
It's a well-known fact that faux-facts have a liberal bias.
And that's a fact.

Forum List

Back