FACT CHECK: Palin's Book Goes Rogue on Some Facts

Palin goes adrift, at times, on more contemporary issues, too. She criticizes President Barack Obama for pushing through a bailout package that actually was achieved by his Republican predecessor George W. Bush -- a package she seemed to support at the time.

(left out mal)

PALIN: Says she made frugality a point when traveling on state business as Alaska governor, asking ''only'' for reasonably priced rooms and not ''often'' going for the ''high-end, robe-and-slippers'' hotels.

THE FACTS: Although travel records indicate she usually opted for less-pricey hotels while governor, Palin and daughter Bristol stayed five days and four nights at the $707.29-per-night Essex House luxury hotel (robes and slippers come standard) overlooking New York City's Central Park for a five-hour women's leadership conference in October 2007. With air fare, the cost to Alaska was well over $3,000. Event organizers said Palin asked if she could bring her daughter. The governor billed her state more than $20,000 for her children's travel, including to events where they had not been invited, and in some cases later amended expense reports to specify that they had been on official business.

PALIN: Boasts that she ran her campaign for governor on small donations, mostly from first-time givers, and turned back large checks from big donors if her campaign perceived a conflict of interest.

THE FACTS: Of the roughly $1.3 million she raised for her primary and general election campaigns for governor, more than half came from people and political action committees giving at least $500, according to an AP analysis of her campaign finance reports. The maximum that individual donors could give was $1,000; $2,000 for a PAC.

Of the rest, about $76,000 came from Republican Party committees.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/11/13/us/politics/AP-US-Palin-Book-Fact-Check.html

i'm shocked, shocked...

6a00d8341e274553ef0120a5b69e4e970b-pi

Bones you idiot as long as you keep bringing her back she isn't going away. Ninety percent of the Palin Threads here are started by leftist twits.

All kidding aside, as a Republican this is a question I have long wanted answered on a reasonable level. What other than her appeal on a personal level to a segement of average voters do people believe quailfies her to hold high office? If not, what then would be her best track for seeking that office and do people think she is conducting herself in a manner that could unite a large number of people to support her? I have my own opinion, and at the moment my feeling is that while she has a home spun appeal to a segment of voters, she has little in the way of actual experience on the national stage on order to qualify her for seeking office. While I think she is an intelligent woman when it comes to matters of energy in Alaska , I do believe that she needs to seek a professional management company that can groom her for the national stage if that is her intention. I have not read her book, so cannot comment on it's contents. and will leave that to others.

I have new found respect for republicans. Thank you sir. :clap2:

Palin goes adrift, at times, on more contemporary issues, too. She criticizes President Barack Obama for pushing through a bailout package that actually was achieved by his Republican predecessor George W. Bush -- a package she seemed to support at the time.

(left out mal)

PALIN: Says she made frugality a point when traveling on state business as Alaska governor, asking ''only'' for reasonably priced rooms and not ''often'' going for the ''high-end, robe-and-slippers'' hotels.

THE FACTS: Although travel records indicate she usually opted for less-pricey hotels while governor, Palin and daughter Bristol stayed five days and four nights at the $707.29-per-night Essex House luxury hotel (robes and slippers come standard) overlooking New York City's Central Park for a five-hour women's leadership conference in October 2007. With air fare, the cost to Alaska was well over $3,000. Event organizers said Palin asked if she could bring her daughter. The governor billed her state more than $20,000 for her children's travel, including to events where they had not been invited, and in some cases later amended expense reports to specify that they had been on official business.

PALIN: Boasts that she ran her campaign for governor on small donations, mostly from first-time givers, and turned back large checks from big donors if her campaign perceived a conflict of interest.

THE FACTS: Of the roughly $1.3 million she raised for her primary and general election campaigns for governor, more than half came from people and political action committees giving at least $500, according to an AP analysis of her campaign finance reports. The maximum that individual donors could give was $1,000; $2,000 for a PAC.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/11/13/us/politics/AP-US-Palin-Book-Fact-Check.html

Oh now, I always beleive what the Times has to say about everything.:lol::lol:They are such a reputable organization that they are going broke.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(left out mal)

I will bet you would not want to discuss how much Cozine spent on his re-election bid that he lost in New Jersey, would you?????????? Or maybe we could spin that no stimulus stimulus bill, you know the 787 billion that Obama got passed, before anyone read it, stating that unemployment would not go above 8%, well it's at 10.2% and rising and you are worried about this??? And from the New York Times, ( The liberal bible) who is going broke, because the real people are on to them and know they are full of B.S. :lol::lol:

Bones you idiot as long as you keep bringing her back she isn't going away. Ninety percent of the Palin Threads here are started by leftist twits.

Isn't that the truth. As Rush has stated the libs are advertising to us who they know will take Obama out in 2012 and it's got to be Palin. She is the conservatives Rock Star, just as Obama was the liberal Rock Star and she has them trembling in their boots.:lol::lol:

Palin is simply sidestepping the old-guard media and doing it her own way - thus ensuring much collective gnashing of liberal teeth.

The book tour is gonna be mega-huge - and that has folks angry, confused, joyful, hopeful, and in some cases, all of the above...

All kidding aside, as a Republican this is a question I have long wanted answered on a reasonable level. What other than her appeal on a personal level to a segement of average voters do people believe quailfies her to hold high office? If not, what then would be her best track for seeking that office and do people think she is conducting herself in a manner that could unite a large number of people to support her? I have my own opinion, and at the moment my feeling is that while she has a home spun appeal to a segment of voters, she has little in the way of actual experience on the national stage on order to qualify her for seeking office. While I think she is an intelligent woman when it comes to matters of energy in Alaska , I do believe that she needs to seek a professional management company that can groom her for the national stage if that is her intention. I have not read her book, so cannot comment on it's contents. and will leave that to others.
Yup. I am a Republican as well. I liked Palin all of 48 hours, maximum, after she was named as running mate (woman, yadayadayda, historic competition, yadayadayada), until I learned more about her. Yet to some, one being a Republican automatically means they must love Palin.

you know i posted the op right from the article....nothing else said..and yet the palin zombies go nuts...how dare i post the facts....note...not one of you refutes the fact check...

I will say this, Palain if she does decide to run in 2012 will need the support of more than just one segment of the Republican Party to get elected. Presidents like it or not must have some cross over appeal no matter how small in order to secure the top job. While I believe the media coverage of her reminds me more of tabloid coverage rather than in depth news coverage and tends to be somewhat overblown. There are two factors at play here, one is from the democrat perspective, the media outlets that support that position know that by keeping Sarah Palin in the media they call attention away from what may be qualified candidates with a real message, further they do this in order to add strength to the democratic message and thats understandable. The other factor at play here is that Sarah Palin's lack of national experience in both dealing with a international affairs, domestic affairs, and a national media tend to call attention to her lack of experience and by doing so she constantly walks into the media frenzy. This indicates a lack of professional handling on the part of those that surround Sarah Palin and a general lack of how best to approach the national stage in a dignified manner. In short, while it's true that Sarah Palin has appeal on one level, in order to solve all the problems or address the issues that need to be addressed by the nation, until such time as she is seasoned in such matters, it would not be wise for her to consider running for 2012.

you know i posted the op right from the article....nothing else said..and yet the palin zombies go nuts...how dare i post the facts....note...not one of you refutes the fact check...

Actually Bones, the OP is nonsense, does it list the normal travel rates to NY from Alaska or the hotel rooms?

We have only some article saying this or that is a 'fact' is hardly a fact check, considering the source is an incredibly hostlie to Palin NYTimes.

In instead looks like petty things strung together in an attempt to get in new rips at Palin, and as usual, the kooks went for it hook line and sinker.

No one is going nuts. Simply questioning why your wasting your time, when there are real time issues to address! So either your bored as hell, in which case you need to turn off your computer and go find something to do or she is a threat to your liberal ideals. In which case it's rather comical.

Mike

I will say this, Palain if she does decide to run in 2012 will need the support of more than just one segment of the Republican Party to get elected. Presidents like it or not must have some cross over appeal no matter how small in order to secure the top job. While I believe the media coverage of her reminds me more of tabloid coverage rather than in depth news coverage and tends to be somewhat overblown. There are two factors at play here, one is from the democrat perspective, the media outlets that support that position know that by keeping Sarah Palin in the media they call attention away from what may be qualified candidates with a real message, further they do this in order to add strength to the democratic message and thats understandable. The other factor at play here is that Sarah Palin's lack of national experience in both dealing with a international affairs, domestic affairs, and a national media tend to call attention to her lack of experience and by doing so she constantly walks into the media frenzy. This indicates a lack of professional handling on the part of those that surround Sarah Palin and a general lack of how best to approach the national stage in a dignified manner. In short, while it's true that Sarah Palin has appeal on one level, in order to solve all the problems or address the issues that need to be addressed by the nation, until such time as she is seasoned in such matters, it would not be wise for her to consider running for 2012.

Please stop being a republican who make sense. Its giving me a headache. :doubt:

(By the way, she wont run for anything. She never said she would. People are saying these things, but not her camp. Her goal is to exploit her fan base and make money off them. Period).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back