Fact-check: No, the CDC didn't lower the coronavirus death toll

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Right wingers on Twitter and rinky dinky message boards are saying that CBC lowered the death toll to 30 something thousands.
Actually the CDC still has it at 65000, as you can see in their website: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
A separate agency that is part of the CDC has data that goes only up to April 25th.
and that particular website never had it higher than that. That's the number that right wingers are citing.
Remember, rinky dinky message boards are for entertainment only. Don't get your news from said places.
Besides the CDC link above debunking this lie, here are additional fact-checks:
Even your anchor for the right wing OANN debunked it

Last edited:
Right wingers on Twitter and rinky dinky message boards are saying that CBC lowered the death toll to 30 something thousands.
Actually the CDC still has it at 65000, as you can see in their website: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
A separate agency that is part of the CDC has data that goes only up to April 25th.
and that particular website never had it higher than that. That's the number that right wingers are citing.
Remember, rinky dinky message boards are for entertainment only. Don't get your news from said places.
I hate to stick a pin in your ballon but snopes has been debunked numerous times for being partisan and entirely wrong in their so called fact checking.
Anyone that actually cites them as fact shows that they can be taken in by the Internet.

I hate to stick a pin in your ballon but snopes has been debunked numerous times for being partisan and entirely wrong in their so called fact checking.
Anyone that actually cites them as fact shows that they can be taken in by the Internet.
show me a link to a website citing a number today and a large number earlier than today.
You are embarrassed because you believed the false information on Twitter.
Charles are you are saying that the CDC is lying. Their website cites 65,000 deaths as of today: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.

show me a link to a website citing a number today and a large number earlier than today.
Charles are you are saying that the CDC is lying. Their website cites 65,000 deaths as of today: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
Damn why is you undereducated fools can't read? Go reread what I wrote. I stated that snopes was not a reliable source of fact checking. That was all I said. I never said anything about the numbers.
IF you had been smart enough to actually leave out the links to snopes I would have never posted on your rediculous little thread.

Damn why is you undereducated fools can't read? Go reread what I wrote. I stated that snopes was not a reliable source of fact checking. That was all I said. I never said anything about the numbers.
IF you had been smart enough to actually leave out the links to snopes I would have never posted on your rediculous little thread.
You didn't answer my question. Show me a website that lowered its death toll. Here's the latest CDC website showing 65,000:

Taking what Snopes is saying for granted, instead of looking at the chart yourself. Idiotic. Do you always need someone to explain things to you?

If you notice they have an "% of expected deaths" column. How do they get over 20% extra on 11th April when the deaths were not even high then? And look at the months previously, they are not getting to 100% of expected, they are simply taking the deaths from that period & now counting them as COVID deaths and putting them on the death certificate. Major fiddling of the figures. Not that there are no COVID deaths, they are padding them, five-fold.

You didn't answer my question. Show me a website that lowered its death toll. Here's the latest CDC website showing 65,000:
Damn you really are stupid. Once again reread both my posts or have your mommy read them to you. I was never disputing the numbers. I was desputing your use of snopes. I hate calling people names but when you can't read or refuse to understand you open yourself up to much diserved criticism.

Taking what Snopes is saying for granted, instead of looking at the chart yourself. Idiotic. Do you always need someone to explain things to you?

If you notice they have an "% of expected deaths" column. How do they get over 20% extra on 11th April when the deaths were not even high then? And look at the months previously, they are not getting to 100% of expected, they are simply taking the deaths from that period & now counting them as COVID deaths and putting them on the death certificate. Major fiddling of the figures. Not that there are no COVID deaths, they are padding them, five-fold.

You're typing too much. Tell me why the CDC's latest death toll is 65,000 or shut up.
Do you want me to give you the link again?

You do realize that he has already shown he only understands simple English and his understanding of more then see Dick run is problematic don't you. So trying to explain anything as complicated as what you wrote is way beyond him.

You do realize that he has already shown he only understands simple English and his understanding of more then see Dick run is problematic don't you. So trying to explain anything as complicated as what you wrote is way beyond him.

I don't think it's complicated, since is pretty much self explanatory. You get it, he doesn't.

Maybe problem is him?

You're going from "They went from 65k to 30k" to "the numbers make no sense".
That lie didn't last.

Snopes is a liberal rag that twists its lies around.

Is the CDC a liberal rag?

Is OANN a liberal rag?

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
Maybe you missed it...but your whine about snopes not being accurate got shot out of the water...because snopes was accurate

Snopes is.

Snopes is.

You don't wanna click on CDC links?

I’m out in the public park with no mask on! Whoo hoo
1588602405894.png

Forum List

Back