Extremists and the wider community - accountability.

Looking at the terrorist attack in a wider context.

This was one of a number of cowardly attacks by right wing nutters. In fact the body count on this one could have been a lot worse. I was shocked at the sight of heavily armed crazies who are avowed haters of non white people. They were marching through the streets in broad daylight intimidating local people. It was a shocking sight.

It was clear that the local police had not got control of the situation and tragedy ensued.

I think that the right has a duty to sort out its own. Although the perps are few they are seemingly backed up by a silent majority of folk who are nodding quietly with a grim satisfaction.

Their leaders reactions range from approval,to weasel words condemning all violence.

The right wing needs to prove that they belong in the US by rooting out these crazies and reporting them to the proper authorities.

They also need to ditch their religion of hate and embrace secular, modern, western values.

Its the only way they can ever belong.
Yet in your own country, you can't condemn the murderous attacks by Radial Islam.

Are you crazy?

This is so fascinating to watch, and the events in Charlottesville are shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific ideology - an ideology with a current and historic record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. Its expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, e.g in Charlottesville. This isn't a partisan opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Right , a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another ideology (the one that opposes the above mentioned ideology) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first ideology. An ideology, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors.

How clear is this "fact"? Which ideology, specifically, was on display? And don't say "white supremacy". That's not a specific ideology.
white supremacy is a classic example of a racist ideology. thx 4 shring.

White supremacy isn't a racist ideology. That's like saying that the letter M is a language. An ideology is a system of ideas, whereas white supremacy is an idea. It's a recurring theme in various tribal ideologies dreamed up by white people (not that there are many tribal ideologies that are anything other than self aggrandizing), but as a singular idea, it can never constitute an entire ideology.

Try again, thx 4 playing
ridiculous.

Oh, for real? Ridiculous? Holy shit, I stand corrected. You sure showed me.

This was one of a number of cowardly attacks by right wing nutters. In fact the body count on this one could have been a lot worse. I was shocked at the sight of heavily armed crazies who are avowed haters of non white people. They were marching through the streets in broad daylight intimidating local people. It was a shocking sight.

It was clear that the local police had not got control of the situation and tragedy ensued.

I think that the right has a duty to sort out its own. Although the perps are few they are seemingly backed up by a silent majority of folk who are nodding quietly with a grim satisfaction.

Their leaders reactions range from approval,to weasel words condemning all violence.

The right wing needs to prove that they belong in the US by rooting out these crazies and reporting them to the proper authorities.

They also need to ditch their religion of hate and embrace secular, modern, western values.

Well, you are free to think what you want, but facts say different. I won't fault a guy for not denouncing hate fast enough for you. That woman dying was a very bad thing. One has to assume she was just standing them and them BOOM! Dead as shit. The knee jerk is dying down as it always has since Januarey. Y'all on the left need to take a look at your selves. A good long one because the left was just as culpable for that woman's death as the driver of the car was. It's just cowardly to say otherwise.
Thats like saying that the victims of 9/11 were just as culpable as bin laden. Nutty deflection.

No it really isn't. Those folks just went to work and went about their day. Same for that poor kid that was killed. But the rest, both black and white went there looking for trouble. The left is as culpable for all that happened ther up to and including that woman's death. May not have driven the car, but man did democrats creat the conditions for all the shit to hit the fan.

The police outnumbered them two to one and were told to stand down.

The whole incident was agitprop.
That is crazy. The police should have disarmed them to ensure there was no bloodbath.
Where do you think this is? Europe?

We don't live in a police state. The reason those folks were armed is because they feared for there safety because some folks were going to assault them for their beliefs. They were just exercising their rights, the police had no authority to disarm them.

Hmmm. . . . looks like they were right, eh? :bang3:
The fact remains, the guy did what the guy did. And by the way, his "weapon" was his car, not something he had stuffed in his jacket.

If the white "supremacists" were smart, if they were really committed, they would show up with ZERO weapons.
I've addressed the fellow with the car several times on this forum and nobody wants to listen.

If you are getting you information from the MSM, in all probability you are being lied to.

I am not sure that fellow is even a part of this conversation. Did you know he was a diagnosed schizophrenic? Did you know he was once on anti-psychotics? Did you know he was kicked out of basic training? Did you know the far right organization wouldn't even acknowledge him as being part of their organization and that he just showed up with their regalia and partook?

Did you know it was the ACLU that fought in court for the permit for the far right, "The UNITE THE RIGHT" to have their permit to speak and protest? Did you know that the police were given the order to stand down and not prevent violence?

This spectacle was engineered to foment hatred and anger in the populace, to stoke fear and political tension. The real villains in this are not the far left or the far right, it is the ruling elites, they are the one that orchestrated this whole circus.

I don't condone any of this, it sickens me how the unthinking masses are being emotionally manipulated.
Yes, I see manipulation of both ends.

The primary blame in this story belongs to the driver. There are damaged people on both ends of the spectrum. It could be argued that it was damage that made them zealots to begin with. But when a group gets together to do its thing, it has to be thinking clearly enough to understand that it will be blamed for the actions of its members.

We are currently not communicating in this country. There is no civil discussion or intellectual honesty. We put 100% blame at all times. There is no gray.

The guy did it, and what follows follows.

Yet in your own country, you can't condemn the murderous attacks by Radial Islam.

Are you crazy?
No I am not crazy. Terrorist attacks are widely condemned by all parts of our society. Who hasnt condemned ISIS attacks ?

Are you crazy?
No I am not crazy. Terrorist attacks are widely condemned by all parts of our society. Who hasnt condemned ISIS attacks ?

Just out of curiosity, if you also condemn anti Muslim bigotry, or if you also mention that the US has done some highly questionable shit in the Middle East that might reasonably stir up ill will against our people and our culture, is your actual intention to deflect on behalf of the terrorists?

Are you crazy?
Where have you condemned radical Islam?

Are you crazy?
I have always condemned terrorist atrocities by the likes of Isis and Al quaeda. I dont know anybody who hasnt.

Are you crazy?

Just out of curiosity, if you also condemn anti Muslim bigotry, or if you also mention that the US has done some highly questionable shit in the Middle East that might reasonably stir up ill will against our people and our culture, is your actual intention to deflect on behalf of the terrorists?
Wow, that is some twisted logic.

Are you crazy?
I have always condemned terrorist atrocities by the likes of Isis and Al quaeda. I dont know anybody who hasnt.
Why do you appease Radical Islam, but condemn western culture?

Are you stupid? They will gladly throw you off a roof.

Are you crazy?

How so?

When I condemn ANTIFA as well as the KKK, I'm told over and over again that I'm deflecting for the KKK.

So if you condemn anti Muslim bigots as well as Islamist terrorists, are you just deflecting for the latter?

Personally, I don't think you are, and I don't think that condemning ANTIFA is a defense of Nazi ideology. The logic is only twisted if it isn't consistent. Is your's?

Also, while we're at it, what's up with you lefties in this post and your inability to articulate your points? Calling my logic twisted isn't an argument. Might as well just post "ridiculous". Shit, might as well not post at all. You haven't actually said anything. I can't help but feel like you only bothered to post this to pretend you actually have a rebuttal. I'm hoping you prove me wrong, and with more than an unsubstantiated claim to the contrary.

Are you crazy?

How so?

When I condemn ANTIFA as well as the KKK, I'm told over and over again that I'm deflecting for the KKK.

So if you condemn anti Muslim bigots as well as Islamist terrorists, are you just deflecting for the latter?

Personally, I don't think you are, and I don't think that condemning ANTIFA is a defense of Nazi ideology. The logic is only twisted if it isn't consistent. Is your's?

Also, while we're at it, what's up with you lefties in this post and your inability to articulate your points? Calling my logic twisted isn't an argument. Might as well just post "ridiculous". Shit, might as well not post at all. You haven't actually said anything. I can't help but feel like you only bothered to post this to pretend you actually have a rebuttal. I'm hoping you prove me wrong, and with more than an unsubstantiated claim to the contrary.
You are not wrong. He is very shallow.

The police outnumbered them two to one and were told to stand down.

The whole incident was agitprop.
That is crazy. The police should have disarmed them to ensure there was no bloodbath.

We don't live in a police state. The reason those folks were armed is because they feared for there safety because some folks were going to assault them for their beliefs. They were just exercising their rights, the police had no authority to disarm them.

The fact remains, the guy did what the guy did. And by the way, his "weapon" was his car, not something he had stuffed in his jacket.

If the white "supremacists" were smart, if they were really committed, they would show up with ZERO weapons.
I've addressed the fellow with the car several times on this forum and nobody wants to listen.

If you are getting you information from the MSM, in all probability you are being lied to.

I am not sure that fellow is even a part of this conversation. Did you know he was a diagnosed schizophrenic? Did you know he was once on anti-psychotics? Did you know he was kicked out of basic training? Did you know the far right organization wouldn't even acknowledge him as being part of their organization and that he just showed up with their regalia and partook?

Did you know it was the ACLU that fought in court for the permit for the far right, "The UNITE THE RIGHT" to have their permit to speak and protest? Did you know that the police were given the order to stand down and not prevent violence?

This spectacle was engineered to foment hatred and anger in the populace, to stoke fear and political tension. The real villains in this are not the far left or the far right, it is the ruling elites, they are the one that orchestrated this whole circus.

I don't condone any of this, it sickens me how the unthinking masses are being emotionally manipulated.

The primary blame in this story belongs to the driver. There are damaged people on both ends of the spectrum. It could be argued that it was damage that made them zealots to begin with. But when a group gets together to do its thing, it has to be thinking clearly enough to understand that it will be blamed for the actions of its members.

We are currently not communicating in this country. There is no civil discussion or intellectual honesty. We put 100% blame at all times. There is no gray.

I whole completely and genuinely agree with you. Thus, let us not turn what this psychotic man's act of rage and insanity did into a political issue. Let us not stand on the dead and injured, and turn them into political points, this was a failure of civic planning, let's call it for what it was.

Our job now, is to determine, was this failure accidental, or was this purposeful?

When you use critical thinking, and totally analyze the situation with logic, and not let emotion into the picture, a different picture emerges.

The only other poster I have seen that understands the ramifications of what the authorities did, was probably Crusader Frank. As he pointed out, how did that guy get the car into a position to run into that crowd?

My contention is, indeed, how did he? Why was that crowd even where it was?

The permit process, how municipalities approve permits to hold rallies, to approve protests and marches, is precisely put in place, in conjunction with police and authorities to prevent this sort of tragedy. If thinking citizens can not reason this process through, if we do not understand that civil society has broken down so that the mentally ill, or the socially defective can be guarded against, then indeed, we descend into anarchy, don't we?

The facts are, there were more first responders ready, on hand, and available then there were protesters. Likewise, some groups had permits, others did not. Also, there was a stand down order given so those groups could come into conflict. The only aerial footage of the whole thing went down in flames immediately after that car ramming? WTH?

Now that seems decidedly inconvenient as it happened precisely when that woman died, just when this case her relatives might want to sue the city for negligence as that, indeed is what the city of Charlottesville was in this entire debacle.

I know, I know, just b/c I have an extremely high intelligence, and I can think critically, I may seem to have thoughts that border on "conspiracy." Seriously though, that is what we have here, a civil suit against the city for encouraging political mayhem to make the administration look bad.

Do you know who the mayor of Charlottesville is? That would be one Mike Signer. He proclaimed he wanted to be the headquarters of the resistance. You do know he is one of Tim Kaine's lacky's right? You do know who Tim Kaine is, right?

I whole completely and genuinely agree with you. Thus, let us not turn what this psychotic man's act of rage and insanity did into a political issue. Let us not stand on the dead and injured, and turn them into political points, this was a failure of civic planning, let's call it for what it was.

Our job now, is to determine, was this failure accidental, or was this purposeful?

When you use critical thinking, and totally analyze the situation with logic, and not let emotion into the picture, a different picture emerges.

The only other poster I have seen that understands the ramifications of what the authorities did, was probably Crusader Frank. As he pointed out, how did that guy get the car into a position to run into that crowd?

The permit process, how municipalities approve permits to hold rallies, to approve protests and marches, is precisely put in place, in conjunction with police and authorities to prevent this sort of tragedy. If thinking citizens can not reason this process through, if we do not understand that civil society has broken down so that the mentally ill, or the socially defective can be guarded against, then indeed, we descend into anarchy, don't we?

The facts are, there were more first responders ready, on hand, and available then there were protesters. Likewise, some groups had permits, others did not. Also, there was a stand down order given so those groups could come into conflict. The only aerial footage of the whole thing went down in flames immediately after that car ramming? WTH?

Now that seems decidedly inconvenient as it happened precisely when that woman died, just when this case her relatives might want to sue the city for negligence as that, indeed is what the city of Charlottesville was in this entire debacle.

I know, I know, just b/c I have an extremely high intelligence, and I can think critically, I may seem to have thoughts that border on "conspiracy." Seriously though, that is what we have here, a civil suit against the city for encouraging political mayhem to make the administration look bad.

Do you know who the mayor of Charlottesville is? That would be one Mike Signer. He proclaimed he wanted to be the headquarters of the resistance. You do know he is one of Tim Kaine's lacky's right? You do know who Tim Kaine is, right?
Well yes, I do know who Tim Kaine is, and thanks for checking.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here, because none of it changes anything. The facts remain: (1) This is the kind of shit that happens when people who can't control themselves gather in groups. (2) If one of the protestors had killed a white supremacist, it would be used against the whole group. (3) You know that anything the national media can leverage against your side will be used with the throttle all the way down until it punches itself out.

If the white "supremacists" think they're accomplishing something productive, great. They're not, of course. Perhaps there are other ways.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here, because none of it changes anything. The facts remain: (1) This is the kind of shit that happens when people who can't control themselves gather in groups. (2) If one of the protestors had killed a white supremacist, it would be used against the whole group. (3) You know that anything the national media can leverage against your side will be used with the throttle all the way down until it punches itself out.

If the white "supremacists" think they're accomplishing something productive, great. They're not, of course. Perhaps there are other ways.
Like you, I don't have, "a side."

My side is the American public.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to wake folks up, to make them realize that they are being turned on each other on purpose. Everyone essentially wants the same thing; good jobs, good homes, food, etc. The establishment will make folks think that the reason they don't have these things is because of the "other." This is just not the case.

The establishment wants to keep everyone distracted and believing that this is the case.

And the other side HAS shot and killed folks on the right, and it hasn't been used to demonize the entire left. . .

2016 shooting of Dallas police officers - Wikipedia

Emerging portrait of shooting suspect James T. Hodgkinson: Anti-Trump rhetoric on social media, repeat visits to YMCA near Virginia ballfield

Extremists across the spectrum need to be challenged & culturally marginalized relentlessly, and most importantly, by those who have been spinning and deflecting for them.

But also this sort of thing needs to be dealt with at school, when kids are young, when they learn who they are and what life is about. Problem is the very same right wing fascists call this indoctrination, because they know it goes against their very thoughts.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to wake folks up, to make them realize that they are being turned on each other on purpose. Everyone essentially wants the same thing; good jobs, good homes, food, etc. The establishment will make folks think that the reason they don't have these things is because of the "other." This is just not the case.

The establishment wants to keep everyone distracted and believing that this is the case.

And the other side HAS shot and killed folks on the right, and it hasn't been used to demonize the entire left. . .

Emerging portrait of shooting suspect James T. Hodgkinson: Anti-Trump rhetoric on social media, repeat visits to YMCA near Virginia ballfield
I understand that. Here's the way I'm looking at this: Regarding race, Trump has pretty much single-handedly absolved the American Left from holding its own "side" accountable for anything. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Because of what has happened over the last week, the ENTIRE "conversation on race" is "conservatives and Republicans are racist". That's it. Period.

That's not good. And Trump's absolute, stunning tone deafness opened the door.

Extremists across the spectrum need to be challenged & culturally marginalized relentlessly, and most importantly, by those who have been spinning and deflecting for them.

But also this sort of thing needs to be dealt with at school, when kids are young, when they learn who they are and what life is about. Problem is the very same right wing fascists call this indoctrination, because they know it goes against their very thoughts.
Agreed. My only concern is when it goes overboard, when we hear about "white shaming" and whites apologizing for the color of their skin. We ALWAYS over-shoot, it appears to be an American tradition.

My kids had an advantage, growing up in a mixed-race family, but from what I saw, kids really don't give a shit about skin color right now. What I don't want to see is us going too far.

I understand that. Here's the way I'm looking at this: Regarding race, Trump has pretty much single-handedly absolved the American Left from holding its own "side" accountable for anything. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Because of what has happened over the last week, the ENTIRE "conversation on race" is "conservatives and Republicans are racist". That's it. Period.

That's not good. And Trump's absolute, stunning tone deafness opened the door.
Perhaps you are right. I don't have a television, so I don't watch the MSM, I am not really aware of how they are portraying the president.

I was under the impression that he already condemned all sides of this disaster. Then, when that was not good enough, he explicitly came out and said that the supremacists and nationalists were at fault for triggering the SJW's on the left into reacting with violence. Huh? Still, the the entire right is responsible for racism? I don't get you, please explain.

The only thing I am not aware that he didn't do that he should have done is criticize the local authorities and the governor's handling of the event.

Forum List

Back