Exclusive Threads

Is there a way to create a thread and only grant access to people you want in the thread ?
I'm not sure if you CAN do this. It would be nice to be able to keep the usual assortment of liberal nutjobs, whose only purpose is to try to troll and derail the thread, OFF of your threads. I know you can put these fools on Ignore, you wouldn't see their posts on your thread, but the rest of us would. This is definitely a question to bring up with one of the moderators.

Is there a way to create a thread and only grant access to people you want in the thread ?
Can a button be put next to active topics button for new posts
so i don't have to use the drop down menu

I reply to a thread but the thread is not showing up in active topics

Its frustrating

Last edited:
  • Banned
Would that make your circle jerk complete without straying? Sounds to me like a communist community.

Who really cares what it sounds to you.

You are exactly the kind of prick that needs to be excluded when someone wants a serious discussion without any trolling.

And yes, I know I can troll threads pretty hard myself.....

Yeah there is.. But no one has really used it.. I caught a lot of heat for creating it from members that didn't want it.. It's still there in "Structured Debate" forum.. Read the stickies about "Invite Only" threads.. Hope they are still there.. But PM me before you use it.. And understand that Zone2 rules are STILL in effect there...

I want to make sure that if members are suddenly interested in it -- that the "trial runs" are not any kind of SNAFU...

Would that make your circle jerk complete without straying? Sounds to me like a communist community.

Who really cares what it sounds to you.

You are exactly the kind of prick that needs to be excluded when someone wants a serious discussion without any trolling.

And yes, I know I can troll threads pretty hard myself.....

We're all trolls at heart.. That's one of reasons I wanted "Invite Only".. It's just adopting the "social distancing" to be "troll distancing".. But with Zone2 rules in effect, the invited STILL can't be their troll selves...

Yeah there is.. But no one has really used it.. I caught a lot of heat for creating it from members that didn't want it.. It's still there in "Structured Debate" forum.. Read the stickies about "Invite Only" threads.. Hope they are still there.. But PM me before you use it.. And understand that Zone2 rules are STILL in effect there...

I want to make sure that if members are suddenly interested in it -- that the "trial runs" are not any kind of SNAFU...

There is little hope of holding a good dialogue in the politics section.

From what I can tell, people don't even adhere to the rules of the BullRing...which are very clear and specific.

So this holds some interest for me.

From what I can tell, people don't even adhere to the rules of the BullRing...which are very clear and specific.

It's still an option unless Mod Staff has issues with enforcing it. I tried it out myself and left a couple examples in there. Make sure if ya use it to CAREFULLY follow all the rules for Oposters that I gave. INCLUDING placing the "big red warning" in the Opost that I provided and the "alert list" for all your invitees.

In hindsight, this may work better if you dont chose the invitees at random. Get a PM together with your "A list" and find out which ones want to participate with a start date. Problem I ran into is that the folks I wanted were not the most active members. So having a "PM invitation" gives folks a heads up and a chance to RSVP.

It's still an option unless Mod Staff has issues with enforcing it. I tried it out myself and left a couple examples in there. Make sure if ya use it to CAREFULLY follow all the rules for Oposters that I gave. INCLUDING placing the "big red warning" in the Opost that I provided and the "alert list" for all your invitees.

In hindsight, this may work better if you dont chose the invitees at random. Get a PM together with your "A list" and find out which ones want to participate with a start date. Problem I ran into is that the folks I wanted were not the most active members. So having a "PM invitation" gives folks a heads up and a chance to RSVP.

I am unclear on this.

Why would mods need to be involved. I have not tried it yet, but the question in the OP was if you could limit participation to those you select.

I am unclear on this.

Why would mods need to be involved. I have not tried it yet, but the question in the OP was if you could limit participation to those you select.

Moderation is involved in every forum.

I am unclear on this.

We cannot flexibly block 99% of the forum from a thread so that 1% can have some private grown-up time. So moderation is what is required to TOSS the unvited from the "Invite Only" threads. MOST members see the warning and the rules and comply. But there's always some party crashers intent on breaking in.

That's why you need to USE the rules and include the Invite list and the big red warning at the top of the OPost.,.
Also would be good to add (Invite Only) with the parens in the thread title..

I am unclear on this.

If all that seems too drastic for you -- You can use the NORMAL "Structured Debate" forum rules which allow you to ADD 2 or 3 rules of your OWN to the thread -- over and above the normal Zone 2 rules.. But even in that case, you must list the additional rules at the top of the OPost and keep them simple. So that Mod Staff can enforce them for you.

New Topics

Forum List

Back