Exclusive Threads

Sun Devil 92

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to create a thread and only grant access to people you want in the thread ?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to create a thread and only grant access to people you want in the thread ?
I'm not sure if you CAN do this. It would be nice to be able to keep the usual assortment of liberal nutjobs, whose only purpose is to try to troll and derail the thread, OFF of your threads. I know you can put these fools on Ignore, you wouldn't see their posts on your thread, but the rest of us would. This is definitely a question to bring up with one of the moderators.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You can start a private conversation, and only list the people you want included.

keepitreal

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can a button be put next to active topics button for new posts
so i don't have to use the drop down menu

I reply to a thread but the thread is not showing up in active topics

Its frustrating

Last edited:

okfine

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would that make your circle jerk complete without straying? Sounds to me like a communist community.

OP
S

Sun Devil 92

Gold Member
Reaction score
Would that make your circle jerk complete without straying? Sounds to me like a communist community.
Who really cares what it sounds to you.

You are exactly the kind of prick that needs to be excluded when someone wants a serious discussion without any trolling.

And yes, I know I can troll threads pretty hard myself.....

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah there is.. But no one has really used it.. I caught a lot of heat for creating it from members that didn't want it.. It's still there in "Structured Debate" forum.. Read the stickies about "Invite Only" threads.. Hope they are still there.. But PM me before you use it.. And understand that Zone2 rules are STILL in effect there...

I want to make sure that if members are suddenly interested in it -- that the "trial runs" are not any kind of SNAFU...

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey adults.. Keep the Announcement forum clean of flames and personal comments...

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who really cares what it sounds to you.

You are exactly the kind of prick that needs to be excluded when someone wants a serious discussion without any trolling.

And yes, I know I can troll threads pretty hard myself.....
We're all trolls at heart.. That's one of reasons I wanted "Invite Only".. It's just adopting the "social distancing" to be "troll distancing".. But with Zone2 rules in effect, the invited STILL can't be their troll selves...

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List