Examples of Snopes' Extreme Political Bias

You don't own anything you "pawn" anyways. It's the same old story of a whore or a thief (or a burglar or an extortioner) stealing a gun, taking it to a pawn shop, and having the registered owner of the said weapon arrested on a "violent crime" charge of illegal possession of the once legally purchased and owned firearm before it was stolen and pawned.

You don't own anything you "pawn" anyways. It's the same old story of a whore or a thief (or a burglar or an extortioner) stealing a gun, taking it to a pawn shop, and having the registered owner of the said weapon arrested on a "violent crime" charge of illegal possession of the once legally purchased and owned firearm before it was stolen and pawned.

Oh thanks. There's an "urban dictionary" and there ain't no pawn shop downtown. Really, now? Who are you kidding again?

It helps if you spell the word right. P-A-W-N. Then you may look it up in any dictionary you please.

Oh thanks. There's an "urban dictionary" and there ain't no pawn shop downtown. Really, now? Who are you kidding again?

It helps if you spell the word right. P-A-W-N. Then you may look it up in any dictionary you please.
Why would I look that up when I didn't say, "pawn?"

Co-founder of fact-checking site Snopes is suspended after investigation revealed he plagiarized at least 54 articles and used a fake name​

• David Mikkelson founded Snopes with his then-wife Barbara Hamel in 1994
  • On Friday BuzzFeed published an investigation into his work from 2015-19
  • They found 54 instances where Mikkelson had plagiarized the work of others
  • He took stories verbatim from NBC, CNN, the BBC, New York Times and others
  • Mikkelson admitted his mistake but blamed a lack of journalistic training
  • He has been suspended from editorial duties pending an investigation
  • Snopes is displaying an error message on the stories which he copied
46660199-9892757-image-a-43_1628908151486.jpg

Co-founder of fact-checking site Snopes is suspended after investigation revealed he plagiarized at least 54 articles and used a fake name​

• David Mikkelson founded Snopes with his then-wife Barbara Hamel in 1994
  • On Friday BuzzFeed published an investigation into his work from 2015-19
  • They found 54 instances where Mikkelson had plagiarized the work of others
  • He took stories verbatim from NBC, CNN, the BBC, New York Times and others
  • Mikkelson admitted his mistake but blamed a lack of journalistic training
  • He has been suspended from editorial duties pending an investigation
  • Snopes is displaying an error message on the stories which he copied
46660199-9892757-image-a-43_1628908151486.jpg

FAKE NEWS!!!

They've been caught lying many times and you still support then. That says all anyone needs to know about you.
I thought he was joking with his funny comment.

He can't possibly be serious, can he? It's right on their home page right now...

1628952399511.png

I thought he was joking with his funny comment.

He can't possibly be serious, can he? It's right on their home page right now...

View attachment 525520

The vile monsters destroying this country don't joke.

They've been caught lying many times and you still support then. That says all anyone needs to know about you.

To note.......no one has accused them of lying here. They are accused of not giving credit to original sources.

I contend that Snopes is not a reputable fact checking website. It is their main job, they do it poorly, and they work harder to propel a narrative that is friendly to Democrats than they do to actually determine what is true and what is false.

Here is an example. I am interested in more, and I will likely contribute more here as I come across them...

Did AOC Exaggerate the Danger She Was in During Capitol Riot?

So the claim that they investigate is:

" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez exaggerated the danger she was in during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot, in that she "wasn't even in the Capitol building" when the rioting occurred. "

Instead of rating it mostly true, or a mixture, they rate it mostly false, and then state:

"What's True
Ocasio-Cortez wasn't in the main Capitol building where the House and Senate Chambers are located."

Included in their "fact check" are the following politically-biased statements (emphasis added):

" It took less than 48 hours for the right-wing disinformation machine to contrive a way to minimize what Ocasio-Cortez said she had experienced. "

" In a circus of cyberbullying that began on Feb. 3, 2021, conservative news outlets and social media conspiracy trolls latched on to the misleading claim that Ocasio-Cortez “wasn’t in the Capitol building” and therefore was not in harm’s way, as she had described in the Instagram video."

To its credit, Snopes' main argument is that AOC never claimed she was in the Capitol building, which is an important point, but one example of "mostly-false right-wing disinformation" is a Red State headline, “AOC Wasn’t Even in the Capitol Building During Her ‘Near Death’ Experience.” Obviously, that headline is mostly true, arguably entirely true.

It just goes to show that you can't trust such websites. Wikipedia is also full of political bias these days. Their page on the Capitol riot reads like something CNN would put together.

Truth and facts are becoming harder to come by these days. When you have to fact check the fact checkers, things are pretty bad.

And social media companies will use "fact checks" like these to make censorship decisions, so they aren't simply "alternative viewpoints" on the internet; they have real-world First Amendment implications. (Please don't lecture me about private companies being able to make their own rules, I know.)
Are you claiming that right wing media and social media trolls didn’t clamp onto the narrative that AOC was faking her fear? Cause it seems like everything in the snopes article was accurate

Are you claiming that right wing media and social media trolls didn’t clamp onto the narrative that AOC was faking her fear? Cause it seems like everything in the snopes article was accurate
My claim is clear and concise and articulated in my first sentence of the OP.

Forum List

Back