Examples of Snopes' Extreme Political Bias

Here is another example, coming from the beginning of the Trump Admin.

Here is their page on a comparison of the Obama and Trump inauguration crowds....

It includes this well-known blurry picture comparison (a meme, no less), and you can't even tell if it is a reliable comparison, as you can't even tell if President Trump is on stage yet...

a17.jpg

Here are better pictures....

Obama crowd, with Obama on stage:

president-barack-obama-waves-to-the-masses-after-delivering-the-picture-id595297834

Trump crowd, with Trump on stage:

president-donald-j-trump-addresses-the-crowd-after-being-sworn-in-as-picture-id632210750

crowds-on-the-national-mall-and-in-front-of-the-us-capitol-watch-us-picture-id632194746

I had contacted Snopes a few times to point out the problems with their fact check, including links to these pictures. They never replied nor updated their narrative, despite it being a hot topic in the press for quite a while.

Snopes is for dopes.
Oh, for fuck's sake. How many times do rightarded delusions need to be debunked?? And yes, Snopes got that one right as Obama's crowd...

peak_obama_from_wash-mon.jpg

... was way bigger than Trumps. Not even close...

original.jpg
You post complete lies. You posted a picture from when people were still arriving, before Trump even started speaking...

Here. Enjoy. You can rotate and then zoom in, and see how you have been brainwashed....

Your picture is a complete falsehood. You should be ashamed of yourself...

See this??? Your post is Fake News that you fell for.

View attachment 454037
Nope, you're lying. What I posted shows Trump is speaking. This was the height of his crowd....

original.jpg

Here is their page on a comparison of the Obama and Trump inauguration crowds....

It includes this well-known blurry picture comparison (a meme, no less), and you can't even tell if it is a reliable comparison, as you can't even tell if President Trump is on stage yet...

a17.jpg

president-barack-obama-waves-to-the-masses-after-delivering-the-picture-id595297834

president-donald-j-trump-addresses-the-crowd-after-being-sworn-in-as-picture-id632210750

crowds-on-the-national-mall-and-in-front-of-the-us-capitol-watch-us-picture-id632194746

I had contacted Snopes a few times to point out the problems with their fact check, including links to these pictures. They never replied nor updated their narrative, despite it being a hot topic in the press for quite a while.

Snopes is for dopes.
Oh, for fuck's sake. How many times do rightarded delusions need to be debunked?? And yes, Snopes got that one right as Obama's crowd...

original.jpg
You post complete lies. You posted a picture from when people were still arriving, before Trump even started speaking...

Here. Enjoy. You can rotate and then zoom in, and see how you have been brainwashed....

View attachment 454037
Nope, you're lying. What I posted shows Trump is speaking. This was the height of his crowd....

original.jpg
Goodness grief, my link was from CNN and shows Trump on stage. Yours is a blurry picture from well before Trump was on stage.

Here's my link. You can zoom in on those areas that you are claiming have virtually no people, and see that they are jam packed. it's from CNN! You should believe it.

Why do you deny the facts? What is wrong with you? Get some integrity, will you?

1612665081490.png

a17.jpg

Snopes is for dopes.

original.jpg

View attachment 454037

original.jpg
Goodness grief, my link was from CNN and shows Trump on stage. Yours is a blurry picture from well before Trump was on stage.

Here's my link. You can zoom in on those areas that you are claiming have virtually no people, and see that they are jam packed. it's from CNN! You should believe it.

Why do you deny the facts? What is wrong with you? Get some integrity, will you?

View attachment 454047
"Yours is a blurry picture from well before Trump was on stage."

LOL

Dumbfuck, in the picture I posted, Trump is on the dais giving his speech after being sworn in. His punim can be seen on the monitors where his puny crowd is watching. That was the height of his crowd and it paled in comparison to Obama's massive crowd.

original.jpg

tenor.gif

a17.jpg

Snopes is for dopes.

original.jpg

View attachment 454037

original.jpg

View attachment 454047

LOL

Dumbfuck, in the picture I posted, Trump is on the dais giving his speech after being sworn in. His punim can be seen on the monitors where his puny crowd is watching. That was the height of his crowd and it paled in comparison to Obama's massive crowd.

View attachment 454055

tenor.gif
It's complete BS you nut. The pictures on the various monitors do not even match.

1612666982294.png

You sure are gullible.

You can see from my gigapixel link that Trump is actually on stage, and you can see the crowd in front of the Washington monument clearly.

tenor.gif

a17.jpg

Snopes is for dopes.

original.jpg

View attachment 454037

original.jpg

View attachment 454047

LOL

View attachment 454055

tenor.gif
It's complete BS you nut. The pictures on the various monitors do not even match.

View attachment 454058
You sure are gullible.

You can see from my gigapixel link that Trump is actually on stage, and you can see the crowd in front of the Washington monument clearly.

tenor.gif
A slight delay in frames between monitors. How do you think he could appear on those monitors if that image was from earlier in the day? And dumbfuck, the dais behind Trump is full.

Here he is at 02:37:37 giving the fist pump seen on the monitor...

I think I occupy far too much space in your mind.

You repeat this line so often that you should just make it your sig-line.

I think that you're so full of your own self-importance that you actually believe that you occupy space in people's minds. And I think you actively go out of your way to set the stage in your own shallow mind to continue the laughable charade. It's creepy, really. It gives me the heebie jeebies.

It seems like some stupid, sadistic game that you play with yourself to entertain yourself alone and very likely why the majority of the low-value threads that you start appear thoroughly premised upon stimulating and reinforcing the foolish notion that people care what you think just so you can flatter yourself by pretending in your own mind that everything is about you, oh holy Mac.

Mac, you're a low-value poster. Always have been. You're about as deep as a mud puddle. Ultimately, you're unimportant. Face it, Mac, you're a boring schmuck. And you're always gonna be a boring schmuck so long as you're preoccupied with counting your name rather than leaving your mark on the world in a positive way.

I mean, if you wanna play some stupid game with yourself to reinforce your own artificial sense of self-value or your longing for self-worth on a message board or whatever, by all means go ahead. It's humorous, at the very least. Creepy at worst.

But rest assured, you're no pirate! Not in the slightest.
Wow, look at all that.! You really had a lot to say there! You really got it all out! That's one long, comprehensive condemnation!

Wanna know what I think of you?

I don't. Sorry.

Last edited:
It is mostly false. She had no idea that the protesters hadn't made it to the offices. They all were hiding.

Which doesn't matter. This isn't about whether or not AOC actually feared for her life that day, it is about how Snopes, and other left of center supposed "fact checking" outlets skew their analysis of things to benefit Democrats.

And as such are NOT true fact checkers, but instead just more noise from a one sided debate, which really then, makes it no debate at all...

I have seen some media skew the narrative. I believe it was Newsweek that did that big time. Snopes is not doing that here.

Oh but they are, it was even pointed out in bold in the OP....

It's 100% irrelevant she wasn't in the area the rioters were at. They were told to get out that a mob had broke in and her office is accessible through the Capitol. She hears someone out in the hall looking for her (them) and she has no idea who they are.

What matters in this thread is how Snopes skewed the write up on it....If you want to debate AOC's instagram proclaimations, then start a thread on that...

They are saying her statements are true. They are.

Ok, you obviously didn't read the OP, or comprehend the topic....AOC was an example, not the topic....

Then they used a very poor example.

If one wants to argue that Snopes is biased, argue it but you have to use an example that shows that.

So, when snopes talks of a "right wing disinformation machine" they're being fair and unbiased? I don't think so.

How would you describe completely misrepresenting a quote?

I would say that is your opinion...I would also say that in their zeal, snopes let a leftist writer get away with characterizing what they didn't like instead of playing it straight down the middle, and letting the reader make up their own mind....

Fact checkers aren't supposed to inject their own political leanings into the analysis....

a17.jpg

Snopes is for dopes.

original.jpg

View attachment 454037

original.jpg

View attachment 454047

LOL

View attachment 454055

tenor.gif

View attachment 454058
You sure are gullible.

tenor.gif
Here's video from the mall ... at the 0:54 mark, you can see for yourself that one monitor was was about a second behind the other...

delay.jpg

Trump's crowd was smaller -- deal with it.

a17.jpg

Snopes is for dopes.

original.jpg

View attachment 454037

original.jpg

View attachment 454047

LOL

View attachment 454055

tenor.gif

View attachment 454058
You sure are gullible.

tenor.gif
Here's video from the mall ... at the 0:54 mark, you can see for yourself that one monitor was was about a second behind the other...

View attachment 454389

Aww, poor Jim H - VA USA, he can no longer defend his nonsense so all he can do is frown upon the evidence I posted that the monitors were not in pristine synch that day and that Trump can be seen on them speaking to the crowd. And clearly that was a live shot as the dais was still full as he spoke. And unfortunately for nuts who can't see reality even when it kicks them in the face, Trump's crowd was less than spectacular...

original.jpg

a17.jpg

Snopes is for dopes.

original.jpg

View attachment 454037

original.jpg

View attachment 454047

LOL

View attachment 454055

tenor.gif

View attachment 454058
You sure are gullible.

tenor.gif

View attachment 454389

Aww, poor Jim H - VA USA, he can no longer defend his nonsense so all he can do is frown upon the evidence I posted that the monitors were not in pristine synch that day and that Trump can be seen on them speaking to the crowd. And clearly that was a live shot as the dais was still full as he spoke. And unfortunately for nuts who can't see reality even when it kicks them in the face, Trump's crowd was less than spectacular...

original.jpg

I made my points and provided my proof, which I fully stand by. I posted incredibly clear pictures with Trump verifiably on stage. You did not. I have nothing further to add, and it appears that you don't have anything substantive to add either.

I find never-ending arguments where no new important points being made to be a huge waste of everyone's time, but I do understand that some people like to argue forever.

I will probably post to this thread again when I come across other BS on Snopes.

Have a great evening.

a17.jpg

Snopes is for dopes.

original.jpg

View attachment 454037

original.jpg

View attachment 454047

LOL

View attachment 454055

tenor.gif

View attachment 454058
You sure are gullible.

tenor.gif

View attachment 454389

original.jpg

I made my points and provided my proof, which I fully stand by. I posted incredibly clear pictures with Trump verifiably on stage. You did not. I have nothing further to add, and it appears that you don't have anything substantive to add either.

I find never-ending arguments where no new important points being made to be a huge waste of everyone's time, but I do understand that some people like to argue forever.

I will probably post to this thread again when I come across other BS on Snopes.

Have a great evening.

LOL

My evening was already good; but it just got better.

Your point was thoroughly and utterly destroyed. You actually claimed the image I posted was taken from before Trump was on the dais...

Yours is a blurry picture from well before Trump was on stage.

... but I proved you flat out wrong by showing a photo of the crowd with Trump on the stage as he appeared on the monitors on the mall. So no, my image couldn't have been before he was on stage. That apparently aggravated you because then tried to dismiss being wrong by pointing out one of the monitors had a slightly different image than the other ones. I bested you again with a video from the mall that day where that monitor clearly had a delay. I was also able to show in yet another video, the precise moment Trump gave a fist pump on the dais as it was captured on the monitor among his thin crowd.

All you did was show a snaphot from a different angle. A lower angle which hid the empty areas behind people standing around. In no way did that refute the image I posted, which was from above and behind.

original.jpg
LOL!

Trump was sworn in at about noon, and his speech was only 16 minutes long.

The clock in you picture says 1:15. People have left and are leaving.

1612883804923.png

original.jpg
LOL!

View attachment 455030
LOLOL

Your continued desperation is noted and laughed at again. That clock is stuck at 1:15.

Editor’s note: Some commenters have noticed that the clock face visible on the Smithsonian Tower shows a time of approximately 1:15. I spoke with the Smithsonian’s public affairs office, and they confirmed the clock is currently broken.

Here's an image Where Roy Blunt is seen on the monitors. This image was capture at least 24 minutes before Trump's fist pump which I showed on my first picture. That same clock still shows approximately 1:15...

original.jpg

Here's another photo with what looks like it might be Pence on the monitors. That same clock still shows approximately 1:15...

JS122702570-trump-2017_FOREIGN_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqgsaO8O78rhmZrDxTlQBjdGtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U.jpg

Here's a photo taken the next day at the women's march. That same clock still shows approximately 1:15...

trump-crowd-womans-march.jpg

That's four pictures I've posted over a 2 day period and that clock always showed approximately 1:15.

Sucks to be you. :lmao:

original.jpg
LOL!

View attachment 455030
LOLOL

Your continued desperation is noted and laughed at again. That clock is stuck at 1:15.

Editor’s note: Some commenters have noticed that the clock face visible on the Smithsonian Tower shows a time of approximately 1:15. I spoke with the Smithsonian’s public affairs office, and they confirmed the clock is currently broken.

Here's an image Where Roy Blunt is seen on the monitors. This image was capture at least 24 minutes before Trump's fist pump which I showed on my first picture. That same clock still shows approximately 1:15...

original.jpg

Here's another photo with what looks like it might be Pence on the monitors. That same clock still shows approximately 1:15...

JS122702570-trump-2017_FOREIGN_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqgsaO8O78rhmZrDxTlQBjdGtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U.jpg

Here's a photo taken the next day at the women's march. That same clock still shows approximately 1:15...

That's four pictures I've posted over a 2 day period and that clock always showed approximately 1:15.

So as always, Snopes was right and rightards are wrong.

:dance:

Here's another....

Did Biden Inherit ‘Nonexistent’ COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan?

Claim
The Biden administration had to "start from scratch" with a comprehensive COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan because the Trump administration had no working plan.

1613582820389.png

--------

The real facts:

• The Pfizer vaccine was approved by the FDA only the month before Trump left office.
  • Biden had a stretch goal of administering 1M doses per day in the first 100 days.
  • Trump admin had exceeded Biden's goal, even before Biden took office
    • Trump admin administered average of 1.2 per day the final week
    • Trump admin administered 1.6M doses on Jan 20th

original.jpg
LOL!

View attachment 455030
LOLOL

original.jpg

<crickets>

original.jpg
LOL!

View attachment 455030
LOLOL

original.jpg

Here's a photo taken the next day at the women's march. That same clock still shows approximately 1:15...​

That's four pictures I've posted over a 2 day period and that clock always showed approximately 1:15.​
<crickets>
><crickets>

Chirp, chirp...

Gigapixel: The inauguration of Donald Trump

This thread is about more than Trump's crowd size, Faun.

As much as you want to obsess about that, we have covered it.

original.jpg
LOL!

View attachment 455030
LOLOL

original.jpg

Here's a photo taken the next day at the women's march. That same clock still shows approximately 1:15...​

That's four pictures I've posted over a 2 day period and that clock always showed approximately 1:15.​
<crickets>
><crickets>

Chirp, chirp...

Gigapixel: The inauguration of Donald Trump

This thread is about more than Trump's crowd size, Faun.

As much as you want to obsess about that, we have covered it.
Sure it is. It's about Snopes' credibility. YOU chose to make it about their article on Trump's crowd size versus Obama's. I had the pleasure of proving their article was 100% correct as they pwned you.

Forum List

Back