EV's will save the planet (according to alarmists)

So you accept that CO2 emissions are harmful?

Does the manufacture and operation of an EV produce more CO2 than the manufacture and operation of an ICE-powered vehicle? Yes or No?
Nope. CO2 is a vital component of the carbon cycle upon which all life on earth depends.

The effect on it role in earth's climate is under debate. But to the extent that it causes any additional heat to be retained is a good thing considering we are in the middle of an ice age. The planet is closer to the point of extensive northern hemisphere continental glaciation than it is to a super greenhouse state.

Umm... you may have missed something here. Vehicles powered by gasoline and diesel fueled ICEs ARE burning fossil fuels. EVs powered by green power sources are not.
What percentage of EV energy use is from "green" sources?

until range is 1000 miles plus we will never leave combustion engines and towing capacity will have to 60,000 plus pounds as well
I knew you were comparing EVs to gas. The range is what we have with EVs compared to other EVs. However, there are other areas where the EV comes out ahead such as acceleration, quiet, smoothness, cost of fuel, etc. My EV mode should be quicker off the line than most gas hot rods, but may not be able to beat them in 1/4 mile as their HP will kick in.

I knew you were comparing EVs to gas. The range is what we have with EVs compared to other EVs. However, there are other areas where the EV comes out ahead such as acceleration, quiet, smoothness, cost of fuel, etc. My EV mode should be quicker off the line than most gas hot rods, but may not be able to beat them in 1/4 mile as their HP will kick in.
don't forget ROI, I can trade trucks every 2-3 years for 5-6k, EVs so far are losing 52.7% of their value and no one outside of the dealer wants to work on them and they do have issues

don't forget ROI, I can trade trucks every 2-3 years for 5-6k, EVs so far are losing 52.7% of their value and no one outside of the dealer wants to work on them and they do have issues
That may be true now, but the EV makers will work their issues out.

EVs beat the top gas engine cars, but the drawback is Tesla prices, but I was surprised how much the 2022 Dodge Challenger Demon costs.

Prices
"Even if the Demon ends up starting at $99,999, it'll still be a performance bargain. Sure, a $135,000 Tesla Model S P100D will match the Demon's 2.3-second 0-60 mph run, but even the $1.4-million, 949-hp Ferrari LaFerrari can't touch the Demon's 9.65-second quarter-mile time."

That may be true now, but the EV makers will work their issues out.

EVs beat the top gas engine cars, but the drawback is Tesla prices, but I was surprised how much the 2022 Dodge Challenger Demon costs.

Prices
"Even if the Demon ends up starting at $99,999, it'll still be a performance bargain. Sure, a $135,000 Tesla Model S P100D will match the Demon's 2.3-second 0-60 mph run, but even the $1.4-million, 949-hp Ferrari LaFerrari can't touch the Demon's 9.65-second quarter-mile time."

A Redeye or GT is more practical than a demon, both will outrun a demon full out as it tops out at 168 and is a stripped down car. MY 18 Hellcat would outrun a demon on the open road, I got it to 180 once and it still had some left. I have only ridden in a tesla twice and both times a wrecker had to be called. We are decades out from the point where they might make sense

A Redeye or GT is more practical than a demon, both will outrun a demon full out as it tops out at 168 and is a stripped down car. MY 18 Hellcat would outrun a demon on the open road, I got it to 180 once and it still had some left. I have only ridden in a tesla twice and both times a wrecker had to be called. We are decades out from the point where they might make sense
Decades out? I wanted to point out the vid says this is why Dodge is going electric. The Tesla prices will come down, the batteries will become lighter, more powerful, faster charging and the EVs will outperform the gas demons in a heartbeat.

Decades out? I wanted to point out the vid says this is why Dodge is going electric. The Tesla prices will come down, the batteries will become lighter, more powerful, faster charging and the EVs will outperform the gas demons in a heartbeat.
a smart buyer that watches his money is not going to take a 50% hit on his investment day two of ownership. I trade every 2-3 years for $5-$10k on $70,000 trucks

ahhhh the predictable surprises of EV's.

aha.gif

Forum List

Back