EV's are the future

Dipstick #80: We have been doing EV research. Haven’t you understood previous posts that are in your mother tongue?

I can't see EV's being very popular in the northern states of the country.
Because in the winter time when temperatures get into 30 degrees and below. Battery efficiency and driving range falls by about 50% and is even worse if you use the car's heater to keep warm. Plus, if there is a power grid outage, you just have an expensive lump of metal on four wheels setting on the driveway.
Whereas, an ICE car has self contained stored energy in the form of gasoline or diesel, that is ready to start and drive regardless of the ambient temperature. ... :cool:

1. Local power outage.
  2. Extreme cold and long winters.
  3. Heavy towing.
  4. Long distance traveling.
  5. Dump trucks.
  6. Construction vehicles.
  7. Semi trucking.
  8. Jet/airline transportation.
  9. Shipping.
  10. Trains.
Ten areas where EVs will be a long time in coming, if ever. The poor consumer is the guinea pig yet again under the thumb of big government.

Trains can actually be powered by electricity without too much problem. That is one area where I think you are wrong.

Yeah, obviously. I wasn't thinking, Wes. My faux pas.

Dipstick #80: We have been doing EV research. Haven’t you understood previous posts that are in your mother tongue?

Absolutely. It seems you don't. Unlike you I actually study the subject quite a lot. I understand the difference between the two main types of motors, and why they are used. You see, I like technology. And I really like racing. Until an EV is capable of entering a regular endurance race, and compete as a singular vehicle, they are not viable as a everyday car.

They will do fine as local travel commuter vehicles, and they would be good as taxis. But as a vehicle that you can jump in to and make a 1000 mile journey at the drop of a hat? No way. Hybrids I see dominating the "green" vehicle sales market for a long time. EV's simply can't cut it in the real world for now.

Area #51: The fatal mistake of sucking on the Petroleum Pimp is that the fossil fuel is not renewable, it is a finite resource. Sooner or later, the party’s over. At least it is possible to recycle 100% of lithium.

Lithium is a FAR MORE limited resource than oil, moron.

x,d, dmdmddd.png

As the batteries get better and cheaper, by 2025, the EV's will achieve price parity with ICE's, and from then on, it will be all downhill for the ICE's. Because the EV's require far less maintenance, cost far less per mile to run, and you can even make you own fuel for them with some solar panels. Plus they out perform ICE's in acceleration. Proof of that is that Ford is now building E-mustangs and E-150's. And virtually every other manufacture is adding EV''s to their product line. With more utilities encouraging VPP's, that will be even more incentive for owning an EV.
's,
We'd have to double electrical generation and distribution system to fully replace gasoline.
No, we will not. We will have to increase electrical supply, and that can be done easily and relatively cheaply. VPP's for urban areas and agrisolar for rural areas.

No, it can't. To power the fleets of EV's you claim are going to take over the world, you would need to build over 50 fossil fuel power plants, next year. And the same number the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that.

Solar and wind can't do the job no matter how much propaganda you believe.
LOL Old man, you are still completely full of shit. 30% than we presently produce would do the trick;

Area #51: The fatal mistake of sucking on the Petroleum Pimp is that the fossil fuel is not renewable, it is a finite resource. Sooner or later, the party’s over. At least it is possible to recycle 100% of lithium.

And you pretend to be a Phd Geologist? LOL We have a huge reserve right on the Oregon-Nevada border in the McDermitt Caldera. In fact, given the geology of Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, and Utah, I suspect that there are like deposits in those states.
"Lithium Nevada says it will start mining at Thacker Pass in 2022, initially producing about 30,000 metric tons of lithium carbonate. It will begin production on its second phase in 2025, doubling that number. Officials say it will provide 25% of the world's lithium and will have a mine life of at least 46 years."
https://www.essoar.org/doi/pdf/10.1...=The deposit is the southernmost,, with some >8800%20ppm.

Do you realize how easy it is to include battery replacement warranty? If your scenario is what is dooming the sale of future EV's, it can be be solved with one stroke of a pen.
.................. :link:
I'm still waiting........

There is no "link", what I proposed was a hypothetical solution to a hypothetical problem. There is already an EV maker who is doing this, they are the "Tesla of China", by some accounts. They have a unique battery program for their EV's which will likely go mainstream in the U.S. soon.

What bullshit. While it's abundance is #25 element, it can be reused again and again. Not only that, there are battery technologies coming online that use more common elements, like aluminum.

And you pretend to be a Phd Geologist? LOL We have a huge reserve right on the Oregon-Nevada border in the McDermitt Caldera. In fact, given the geology of Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, and Utah, I suspect that there are like deposits in those states.
"Lithium Nevada says it will start mining at Thacker Pass in 2022, initially producing about 30,000 metric tons of lithium carbonate. It will begin production on its second phase in 2025, doubling that number. Officials say it will provide 25% of the world's lithium and will have a mine life of at least 46 years."
https://www.essoar.org/doi/pdf/10.1002/essoar.10500817.1#:~:text=The deposit is the southernmost,, with some >8800%20ppm.

Good stock buy, just sayin'….

As the batteries get better and cheaper, by 2025, the EV's will achieve price parity with ICE's, and from then on, it will be all downhill for the ICE's. Because the EV's require far less maintenance, cost far less per mile to run, and you can even make you own fuel for them with some solar panels. Plus they out perform ICE's in acceleration. Proof of that is that Ford is now building E-mustangs and E-150's. And virtually every other manufacture is adding EV''s to their product line. With more utilities encouraging VPP's, that will be even more incentive for owning an EV.
's,
We'd have to double electrical generation and distribution system to fully replace gasoline.
No, we will not. We will have to increase electrical supply, and that can be done easily and relatively cheaply. VPP's for urban areas and agrisolar for rural areas.

No, it can't. To power the fleets of EV's you claim are going to take over the world, you would need to build over 50 fossil fuel power plants, next year. And the same number the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that.

LOL Old man, you are still completely full of shit. 30% than we presently produce would do the trick;

Can you show me that math?

's,

It was in the video. So maybe take the time to understand what you are replying to. Or just be considered truly stupid.

's,

It was in the video. So maybe take the time to understand what you are replying to. Or just be considered truly stupid.

Walk me through it. How much gasoline does America consume?

When modular batteries (each module is connected to another to make an entire battery) become automated via vending, the woman won’t have to do anything except a voyeur imitation. Not only batteries should be standardized, the method of installing them and taking them out should be standardized and automated. duh

Sure thing, plug and play 1200 pounds of battery modules. Do you have any idea how retarded you sound?

's,

That's a farce. We have energy shortages now, and EV'S are an afterthought.

https://www.essoar.org/doi/pdf/10.1002/essoar.10500817.1#:~:text=The deposit is the southernmost,, with some >8800%20ppm.

Yeah, so? Compared to the PROVEN oil reserves lithium is extremely limited. Only a complete idiot, like you, would try and compare the two.

What bullshit. While it's abundance is #25 element, it can be reused again and again. Not only that, there are battery technologies coming online that use more common elements, like aluminum.

Every recycle sequence reduces the usable Li by half.

You're not very smart are you.

Morons #84 & 97: It’s about the lithium already produced. Letting the commies corner the market on lithium recycling is a mistake.
Shanghai, 2019
’The recovery of Li+ and Co2+ could be increased to 100% and 93.3% by bacteria.’

#88: There’s already a lithium battery plant in Ohio

#98: You disregard the proven fact of 100% retrieval of lithium by bacteria? You’re not very smart, are you?

’....An EV equipped with a combination of an aluminum-air battery with a specific energy of (250-400)Wh/kg (at system level) and a lithium-ion battery, which is charged by the previous one, can cover a range of 3,000 km.’

Forum List

Back