Good News

In one day, three major oil companies will start changing their operations. A remarkably good day;

It is just a normal industry and no different than any other industry. What isn't a good idea is for government to pick and choose which industries are allowed to exist or which products manufacturers are allowed to make. That's called communism and it has been tried before and failed.

In one day, three major oil companies will start changing their operations. A remarkably good day;

Do you travel by donkey?

Which means what? That you can’t want people to act responsibly? Stfu

So you think pipelines and refiniries blowing up is the solution eh their smart one...how about some workers too.

Jillian. I thought we had your meds tiered right, but I was mistaken. You were coherent the last couple times we spoke

The court order against Shell will not stand.

Ten years from now, Chevron and Exxon will be doing the exact same thing they are doing now only more efficiently.

The sky is not falling.
LOL A lot of very smart people think you what you posted is laughable. Why do you think Tesla is now the most valuable auto company in the world?

Useful products are useful.

Until they are not.

Let me know when you stop using fossil fuels or products made from them.

As soon as I am able to. As far as products made from them, that is a completely different subject. That you bring it up here only means that you are trying to muddy the debate or that you simply cannot follow simple logic.

Ten years from now, Chevron and Exxon will be doing the exact same thing they are doing now only more efficiently.

The sky is not falling.
LOL A lot of very smart people think you what you posted is laughable. Why do you think Tesla is now the most valuable auto company in the world?
No. A lot of people believe the government will effectively mandate it like they mandated buying health insurance. But as we have seen in the past that just gets them thrown out of office.

As for the order against Shell, just watch. Same for Exxon and Chevron. They will still be in business long after BP has been bought out. Like I said, earlier renewables and EV's have a role but it's not the utopia you envision. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

The government is crossing the line into communism when they try to make and manage markets. Picking winners and losers is Stalinesque. And it never works out.

As for Tesla, you think they can compete and beat Ford and GM at manufacturing high volumes of car? I wouldn't bet on Tesla long term. I love my Stihl AK (lithium battery) series tools but it's only because I don't have to use them every day.

The sky is not falling.
No. A lot of people believe the government will effectively mandate it like they mandated buying health insurance. But as we have seen in the past that just gets them thrown out of office.

As for the order against Shell, just watch. Same for Exxon and Chevron. They will still be in business long after BP has been bought out. Like I said, earlier renewables and EV's have a role but it's not the utopia you envision. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

The government is crossing the line into communism when they try to make and manage markets. Picking winners and losers is Stalinesque. And it never works out.

As for Tesla, you think they can compete and beat Ford and GM at manufacturing high volumes of car? I wouldn't bet on Tesla long term. I love my Stihl AK series tools but it's only because I don't have to use them every day.
LOL So the subsidies for nuclear and fossil fuels are communism. Glad you cleared that up.

The sky is not falling.

As for Tesla, you think they can compete and beat Ford and GM at manufacturing high volumes of car? I wouldn't bet on Tesla long term. I love my Stihl AK series tools but it's only because I don't have to use them every day.
LOL So the subsidies for nuclear and fossil fuels are communism. Glad you cleared that up.
Let's examine that. How much and who got subsidies and why? How is the subsidy applied? Is it a tax credit? Is it fixing a price? These things matter. Did the market already exist before the subsidy was issued? '

If the answers to those question shows that you can point to how the government was trying to drive one industry or company out of business or prop up an industry that would not have existed, then sure. But otherwise, fuck off cause you are blowing smoke out of your ass. :)

Forum List

Back