"Everyone Use Muhammed as Your Avatar Day" for message boards

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Someone here in SC is advocating that on July 4th, everyone on the internet use paint and photoshop to design an image of Muhammed to use for your avatar or id photo on internet message boards. I love it.

I would rather be focused on other things that particular day.

Why wouldn't you want to spend your Independence Day deriding Muslims like the oh-so-clever OP? :cuckoo:

It isn't deriding Muslims, it's practicing my freedom of speech. And I'm not advocating it, a local writer in South Carolina is. I personally think it's just funny. By the way, how would using a photo of Muhammed as the id for an internet message board be deriding to Muslims?

Why wouldn't you want to spend your Independence Day deriding Muslims like the oh-so-clever OP? :cuckoo:

I saw you had under your posts a quote and link about "Righteous Operations in Chechnya".

Does that include the Beslam school massacre?

Sorry Kalam, I just cannot tolerate much from anyone supporting those who would massacre over 300 women and children in a middle school in the name of their religion. Which is what happened in Chechnya.

Here in America, we all have the right to practice our religion peacefully, and we also have the right to peacefully mock any religion we want. So far, only one religion has retaliated with death threats to the South Park incident. Still waiting on the Buddhists and Christians, but no luck. Heck, most Christians probably will buy the DVD and laugh along with it, as they know it's just a joke and a political statement. Here in America, we make many statements without bombs or beheadings. Thats so 21st century.

It isn't deriding Muslims, it's practicing my freedom of speech.
...In a way that is purposefully insulting to Muslims. Nobody's stopping you from making a fool of yourself if you choose to do so.

And I'm not advocating it, a local writer in South Carolina is. I personally think it's just funny. By the way, how would using a photo of Muhammed as the id for an internet message board be deriding to Muslims?
Are you under the impression that mocking the prophet (SAWS) only upsets "extremists"? :eusa_eh:

...In a way that is purposefully insulting to Muslims. Nobody's stopping you from making a fool of yourself if you choose to do so.

And I'm not advocating it, a local writer in South Carolina is. I personally think it's just funny. By the way, how would using a photo of Muhammed as the id for an internet message board be deriding to Muslims?
Are you under the impression that mocking the prophet (SAWS) only upsets "extremists"? :eusa_eh:

Tuff luck, son, you don't have a right not to be insulted or disagreed with on your religious, political, economic, social beliefs, etc. You live in the United States.

I saw you had under your posts a quote and link about "Righteous Operations in Chechnya".

Does that include the Beslam school massacre?

250px-Doku_Umarov2.jpg

"No, in the eyes of the resistance such operations have no legitimacy. We ourselves were horrified by what they did in Beslan. Because we know the concrete facts of what our people hoped for, how it all began." - Dokka Umarov, current Amir of the Caucasus Emirate.

250px-Sadulayev.jpg

"Sadulayev, however, is credited with persuading warlord Shamil Basayev not to carry out any major terrorist attacks since Beslan." - Referring to Shaykh Abdul-Halim Sadulayev (KIA 2006), fourth President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria.

abuhafs2.jpg

"At the same time, he posted a letter on the internet in which he condemned the Beslan incident and denied any connection between 'the Ansar [Arabs] in Chechnya…with the killing of children, women and unarmed people in the Beslan school in North Ossetia…'" - Referring to Abu Hafs al-Urduni (KIA 2006), third Amir of foreign mujahideen in Chechnya.​

In light of those statements, no. Perhaps the most important response to the incident, however, was the statement made by Basayev himself:

_40161835_1basayev203.jpg

"I admit, I'm a bad guy. A bandit, a terrorist. Okay. So, I'm a terrorist. But what would you call them (the Russians)? If they are keepers of constitutional order, if they are anti-terrorists, then I spit on all these agreements and nice words. And I want to spit on the whole world if the whole world spits on me." - Shamil Basayev (KIA 2006)​

I couldn't agree more.

Someone here in SC is advocating that on July 4th, everyone on the internet use paint and photoshop to design an image of Muhammed to use for your avatar or id photo on internet message boards. I love it.

No problem. I'll do it.

muhammad-ali.jpg

I have no desire to. I have nothing against Muslims. And I see no point in disrespecting the vast majority for what a minority do. Yeah, We have freedom of speech. And part of freedom of speech is disrespecting others. I get that. But Id rather choose the other path. Not because of any threat. But because I want to continually reach out in botherhood to all mankind.

It isn't deriding Muslims, it's practicing my freedom of speech. And I'm not advocating it, a local writer in South Carolina is. I personally think it's just funny. By the way, how would using a photo of Muhammed as the id for an internet message board be deriding to Muslims?
Surely, your not that dumb.

Nobody is stopping us from doing it? Um.......your fellow Muslims are making death threats and beheading people for offending Islam. Thats kinda, ya know, scary.

Why is that you little faggot?

Ah, isn't that cute, you learned a big boy word.

Well, I love it because finally some people are beginning to stand up to the lunatics that threaten jihad over cartoons. The American way. Don't back down to intimidation. That I love.

You're so angry all the time. Maybe you should watch some South Park and mellow out.

Wow, Kalam, you are a piece of work man. You did not attempt to hide your support for the terrorists in Chechnya. The same ones who murdered 300 women and children at Beslan.

Hard to carry on a dialogue with someone that holds your outlook on the world. Here in America, we have found a way to mix every ethnicity and race, every religion, every belief, well, everything the world has to offer in one 300 million person pot. And we get along relatively peacefully, with peaceful yet very heated protests for the most part. We aren't beheading each other or committing massacres at schools.

Thanks for reminding me why I pray to my Christian God every day and thank him for allowing me to live in this great country. I pity much of the rest of the world who does not get this chance.

Forum List

Back