"Every real estate developer everywhere does this" says Kevin O'Leary reacts to Trump civil fraud case

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Watch Kevin O'Leary reaction to Trump's New York civil fraud case by the CNN reporter:

"Well, let's leave out Trump for a minute, and let's leave out politics, and just talk about what happens in real estate development anywhere.
So, if you're a developer and you've got a building on the block, anywhere in America, and it's worth, let's say, $500 million, and you want to build a building right beside it, you go to the bank and say, "This building is worth $500 million. I'd like to borrow a construction finance loan against this asset, and I want you to tell me it's worth $500 million too."
And by the way, forget about Trump, every single real estate developer everywhere on earth does this.
They always talk about their asset being worth a lot and the bank says no. That's just the way it is.
So in this case, what I'm trying to figure out, and I'm not pro or con, or I don't care about the politics, who lost money?
Nobody. The bank got paid back the construction finance loan, and a new building was built.

And O'Leary goes on...
If you're going to sue this case and win, you've gotta sue every real estate developer everywhere. This is all they do.
This is what they do all day long every day.
So I don't think this thing will ever survive appeal regardless of what the fine is. This doesn't even make sense.

Now Those of you that aren't aware of this, let's put this into something you can comprehend.
In Dallas, Texas this property has a Zillow Market value of as high as $29.36M...

But the city of Dallas says the "Taxable Value" value for tax appraisal for the city, School,College, Hospital,

Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 10.48.50 AM.png

So as O'Leary states... "Every real estate developer everywhere does this':
Market value:
Start now Home value Zestimate $21,745,900 Zestimate range $15.87M - $29.36M Last 30-day change
Highest Market value of this property: $29,360,000
Tax value of this property: the most: $18,923,660
A 64% of market value...

So in the Trump case using the same ratios Trump has done as O'Leary says..
"every single real estate developer everywhere on earth does this. "

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 10.49.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 10.49.14 AM.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Watch Kevin O'Leary reaction to Trump's New York civil fraud case by the CNN reporter:

"Well, let's leave out Trump for a minute, and let's leave out politics, and just talk about what happens in real estate development anywhere.
So, if you're a developer and you've got a building on the block, anywhere in America, and it's worth, let's say, $500 million, and you want to build a building right beside it, you go to the bank and say, "This building is worth $500 million. I'd like to borrow a construction finance loan against this asset, and I want you to tell me it's worth $500 million too."
And by the way, forget about Trump, every single real estate developer everywhere on earth does this.
They always talk about their asset being worth a lot and the bank says no. That's just the way it is.
So in this case, what I'm trying to figure out, and I'm not pro or con, or I don't care about the politics, who lost money?
Nobody. The bank got paid back the construction finance loan, and a new building was built.

And O'Leary goes on...
If you're going to sue this case and win, you've gotta sue every real estate developer everywhere. This is all they do.
So I don't think this thing will ever survive appeal regardless of what the fine is. This doesn't even make sense.

Now Those of you that aren't aware of this, let's put this into something you can comprehend.
In Dallas, Texas this property has a Zillow Market value of as high as $29.36M...

But the city of Dallas says the "Taxable Value" value for tax appraisal for the city, School,College, Hospital,

View attachment 887755

Market value:
Start now Home value Zestimate $21,745,900 Zestimate range $15.87M - $29.36M Last 30-day change
A 64% of market value...

The man is reciting almost word for word my assertion precisely which I generously posted on here.

This is political, and every voter knows it. Surely Trumps team can prove this with a simple "why is this standard being applied to only my client?"

Trump didn't make them provide him a loan. They hire the best estimators and valuation talent to avoid such scenarios.

And O'Leary goes on...

View attachment 887755

Market value:
A 64% of market value...

So what? O'Leary just blew the whistle that the real estate market is run by developers who are all committng fraud, along with Wall St. banksters. So Trump should be let off the hook?

Should we let all drug dealers & drug lords off the hook because most of them are getting away with it?

And O'Leary goes on...

View attachment 887755

Market value:
A 64% of market value...

you used a Zestimate as if they are legit.... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :cheers2: :cheers2:

So what? O'Leary just blew the whistle that the real estate market is run by developers who are all committng fraud, along with Wall St. banksters. So Trump should be let off the hook?

Should we let all drug dealers & drug lords off the hook because most of them are getting away with it?
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! What a retarded analogy I'm embarrassed for you......NOT! :auiqs.jpg:

As I've noted in the past, this is likely true but that does not make it legal.

Nearly everyone runs over the speed limit but if you get nailed, you are going to pay the fine.

The idea shouldn't be to let Trump off though, it should be to nail the others also.

And O'Leary goes on...

View attachment 887755

Market value:
A 64% of market value...

Cool. Sentence all of them to life in prison.

How about "equal justice before the law".

Do the cops let a dealer slide if he donates to their annual ball? How about if he is the son of a cop, does he get to do as he pleases while they focus on the seedy part of town only?

It is political. Plain and simple.

If valuations are being blown out of proportion than banks are accomplices in this fraud.

Thank you for confirming my belief that real estate developers are corrupt assholes who don’t get enough scrutiny and are don’t think the rules apply to them.

And O'Leary goes on...

View attachment 887755

Market value:
A 64% of market value...

Absolutely correct! No big investor ANYWHERE does not create the rosiest financial scenario possible when they go for a loan. And no lender ANYWHERE making large loans does not do their own valuation of assets before making that loan.

How about "equal justice before the law".

Do the cops let a dealer slide if he donates to their annual ball? How about if he is the son of a cop, does he get to do as he pleases while they focus on the seedy part of town only?

It is political. Plain and simple.

If valuations are being blown out of proportion than banks are accomplices in this fraud.
I know banks are in on the fraud. But guess who deregulated them? Their cronies like Trump & the Republican Party who's pockets are being lined by Wall St. banksters.

the ol' "everybody is doing it" defense never saved me a paddlin' either.

As I've noted in the past, this is likely true but that does not make it legal.

Nearly everyone runs over the speed limit but if you get nailed, you are going to pay the fine.

The idea shouldn't be to let Trump off though, it should be to nail the others also.
its not illegal to view your property at a higher value than someone else,,

thats why all lenders get their own appraisals

I know banks are in on the fraud. But guess who deregulated them? Their cronies like Trump & the Republican Party who's pockets are being lined by Wall St. banksters.
The people arbitrarily targeting Trump are the greatest fraud committed against the U.S in recent memory.

They are turning him into a martyr who many in the world now miss. Imagine that. It's completely insane and his rise was avoidable but politicians who make poor choices over decades haven't earned Americans support as they watch their nation lose influence and economic might.

its not illegal to view your property at a higher value than someone else,,

thats why all lenders get their own appraisals

What he did was mislead about the size.

How Forbes Exposed Trumpâs Lies About The Size Of His Penthouse

I'll make this simple for you. Bank is willing to loan 80% of value. Value is somewhat easy to state. Say it's (just to keep it easy) $200 a square foot. So your property is 200 square feet.

The bank is willing to loan 80% of that. Trump claims his property is 500 square feet to get more money.

Now is it also on the banks for not actually doing their due diligence? Absolutely, and that is why we need people to overlook and prosecute this stuff. Should the bankers also be in court? Absolutely.

But none of that doesnt mean Trump isn't guilty.

What he did was mislead about the size.

I'll make this simple for you. Bank is willing to loan 80% of value. Value is somewhat easy to state. Say it's (just to keep it easy) $200 a square foot. So your property is 200 square feet.

The bank is willing to loan 80% of that. Trump claims his property is 500 square feet to get more money.

Now is it also on the banks for not actually doing their due diligence? Absolutely, and that is why we need people to overlook and prosecute this stuff. Should the bankers also be in court? Absolutely.

But none of that doesnt mean Trump isn't guilty.

and that is why he added the clause in the statement that all claims may not be accurate and the lender needs to do due diligence,,

no crime was committed,,

Forum List

Back