Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired is a theft from those who hunger but are not fed & who are cold but are not clothed

Wherever there is, is a place we have no business being in for decades.

Other countries are not ours to "take care of".
When we go in and mess up a place, it's our duty to rebuild that place. Is that even controversial?

When we go in and mess up a place, it's our duty to rebuild that place. Is that even controversial?

We lie and destroy a country and then bury us in debt rebuilding it. You really defend this?

by 2050, two-thirds of the world's population will be living in megacities, where all future wars will be fought. UNSUSTAINABLE & INHUMANE!

We lie and destroy a country and then bury us in debt rebuilding it. You really defend this?
Is it preferable for us to destroy a country in a proxy war with other world powers or for the sake of valuable resources, then walk away and leave them to rebuild with no assistance? Shouldn't we fix it if we break it?

Is it preferable for us to destroy a country in a proxy war with other world powers or for the sake of valuable resources, then walk away and leave them to rebuild with no assistance? Shouldn't we fix it if we break it?

Redundant. We shouldn't break it.

In a world where complex technologies clash with escalating international tensions, what can we do to decrease the chances of war?

Stop it. That's the argument.
We can't and shouldn't just pull out worldwide so we can pay for more welfare without counting the cost. There are millions of people who depend on our military presence for a lot of things. I've already mentioned one, the European nations with lavish nanny states. If we pulled our military presence from Europe tomorrow, we would see an immediate build-up of defense forces that would put a very big strain on those nanny states, as it's not really been that long ago that Europe was engulfed in a very violent conflict, and nations don't want to be caught with their pants down should it erupt again.

People pay for SS and Medicare with every paycheck. Let's start doing that with the wars and see how long they last.
And more money is going out than is coming in for both of those programs. There is also the issue of no Constitutional mandate for either. If a State wants to institute these types entitlements that's fine but the Federal Government has no business doing so.

We can't and shouldn't just pull out worldwide so we can pay for more welfare without counting the cost.

I never argued anything other than minding our own business. To stop the lies to destroy other countries.

There are millions of people who depend on our military presence for a lot of things. I've already mentioned one, the European nations with lavish nanny states. If we pulled our military presence from Europe tomorrow, we would see an immediate build-up of defense forces that would put a very big strain on those nanny states, as it's not really been that long ago that Europe was engulfed in a very violent conflict, and nations don't want to be caught with their pants down should it erupt again.

Not my problem no matter how many times you repeat your defense for all of this.

We can't and shouldn't just pull out worldwide so we can pay for more welfare without counting the cost. There are millions of people who depend on our military presence for a lot of things. I've already mentioned one, the European nations with lavish nanny states. If we pulled our military presence from Europe tomorrow, we would see an immediate build-up of defense forces that would put a very big strain on those nanny states, as it's not really been that long ago that Europe was engulfed in a very violent conflict, and nations don't want to be caught with their pants down should it erupt again.
I don't give a shit about the old European empires. Unfortunatly whenever those idiots decide to go to war the US is always dragged into it.

And more money is going out than is coming in for both of those programs. There is also the issue of no Constitutional mandate for either. If a State wants to institute these types entitlements that's fine but the Federal Government has no business doing so.

The Constitution does not restrict the Federal government from doing things not mentioned. It restricts the Federal government from things it restricts it from doing.

Forum List

Back