Even with Volatile Stock Market, Personal Retirement Accounts Are Better, Safer than Social Security

See post 81.

Wakey wakey! You have been on the receiving end of a government behavioral modification program since birth. I would even bet you have supported it, too.

I read it. There are no laws FORCING you to do those things.
You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying a mortgage. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying the right refrigerator. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying the right car or right electricity from the right source or the right washing machine. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not having children.

Wakey wakey!

It was not a big leap to force you to pay higher taxes for not buying the right health insurance.

I do not disagree but those are not laws.
They most certainly are laws. It's all there in the tax code. Do you have a mortgage? No? Then you must pay more taxes than someone who does.

Where is the law that states that you have to purchase/do not have to purchase a house, refigerator, washing machine. Those are penalties/ tax credits etc....which I'm in full agreement with you.....for the third time.
Well, I sorta had to have windows on my house.

It is funny to see how complacent people are about government behavioral modification programs until one comes along that sticks in their craw. Then they balk. Too late.

America demanded all those redistributive tax laws. As long as it was working to your favor, you were okay with it, right? Mortgage interest deduction. Works for me, since I have a mortage. So I go along with it even though its cost comes out of other people's pockets.

But now one comes along that is advantageous to someone else at my expense, and suddenly it is an OUTRAGE!

I never was OK with it....along with SS, healthcare etc. You're battling yourself.
I, too, am completely against all tax expenditures and the health insurance mandate. One cannot be consistent in one's philosophy otherwise. One cannot support the mortgage interest deduction and be against the insurance mandate and have any real integrity.

Social Security, on the other hand, is not redistributive. In fact, Social Security was operating deep in the black and was constantly being robbed to pay for other government spending.

I support Social Security because I know history and what life was like for seniors before and after it was enacted. I also know that there are far too many rubes who would lose their nest eggs to frauds and then come crawling to the government to bail them out. The members of this forum demonstrate their profound gullibility and proclivity for guzzling piss every single day.

Congress has bent over backwards to provide police protection to the frauds, the people who are robbing every single one of us every single day. The rubes don't even realize they are already being ripped off. Their 401ks are many thousands of dollars lighter because of the ongoing fraud. Their savings accounts are depleted because of these frauds.

And you want to hand over MORE money to the crooks? That is beyond stupid.

First, start putting some people in prison and restore our capitalist system. Who do you think is behind this movement to get more of your paycheck into their crooked little hands?

Wall Street crooks. That's who.

It is funny to see how complacent people are about government behavioral modification programs until one comes along that sticks in their craw. Then they balk. Too late.

America demanded all those redistributive tax laws. As long as it was working to your favor, you were okay with it, right? Mortgage interest deduction. Works for me, since I have a mortage. So I go along with it even though its cost comes out of other people's pockets.

But now one comes along that is advantageous to someone else at my expense, and suddenly it is an OUTRAGE!
Those tax credits I got for energy saving windows and clothes' dryer were the cat's meow.
And those credits were paid for by the same people who paid for your roads. This is what most people do not comprehend about deductions, exemptions, and credits.

No one has explained how the existence of society authorizes to the government to take money from your paycheck to provide a retirement for people you don't know or possibly don't even like.
It's the Social Contract you were born to. It comes with the Citizenship. It's been explained to you numerous times, you just can't understand.

What's that contract? I'm confident that you have no understanding of what you're talking about.
We call it, US Citizenship. It's a package deal.

I had no idea that the founders had social security. Who knew.
One of them wanted it, more or less. And you weren't born 220 years ago now were you?

One of them wanting it justifies imposing it on all of us?

:cuckoo:

Even with Volatile Stock Market, Personal Retirement Accounts Are Better, Safer than Social Security

No, retard, they are not. Why does China buy U.S. bonds? Because of low risk and safety. Social Security is the largest holder of U.S. bonds.

Where is the law that states that you have to purchase/do not have to purchase a house, refigerator, washing machine. Those are penalties/ tax credits etc....which I'm in full agreement with you.....for the third time.
Yes, but why are the rest of us forced to subsidize them?
Well, I don't like subsidizing other's health care. I was just sorta agreeing that we all love that tax credits till we pay for them.

?

Yes, but why are the rest of us forced to subsidize them

I ask the same thing everytime an oil company posts 12B$ quarters and nobody gives a shit ... mention health care for real people who need it and subsidy in the same breath and all hell breaks loose.

wall street is basically running your government so you fighting over which pimp take you stupid whores' money first is pretty silly. Thinking gambling your retirement isn't a good idea especially with wall street writing the rules it breaks and too big to pay any real consequences for it's stealing dealings then I'd wouldn't gambled with that house. fucking morons keep going back to 3 card monty table

Another DOA OP. In the Market you can lose nothing. In SS that only happens if the program is dissolved and since it is the most successful program in the history of the US, the third-rail of politics, that's not gonna happen until the US is no more.

I seriously doubt I would be calling a federal program you contribute into through your entire work history, paying back just over $1.000 a month in today's cost of living standards, a success. I could set aside that same amount myself into my own account, and do far better than that.

The underlying point is that when one speaks with a voice of authority about the Founders, one is frequently speaking out of their ass. The Founders were not monolithic.

More often than not, I have found people who extol the Founders know fuck-all about them. All they have are out of context quotes they copied and pasted from somewhere, most of them fake.

Another DOA OP. In the Market you can lose nothing. In SS that only happens if the program is dissolved and since it is the most successful program in the history of the US, the third-rail of politics, that's not gonna happen until the US is no more.

I seriously doubt I would be calling a federal program you contribute into through your entire work history, paying back just over $1.000 a month in today's cost of living standards, a success. I could set aside that same amount myself into my own account, and do far better than that.
Well, you're ignoring widows and survivors benefits for early death, and imo misstating the benefit. In fact, I don't think you can find an annuity to provide the survivor benefits and the post 67 or 70 benefits for what you pay in taxes. But it is an INSURANCE program, not your personal retirement account.

Hey. Social Security is only 3 percent of your gross income. So go ahead and invest another 3 percent in whatever you like. See how that turns out.
6.2. Medicare 1.45.
Right. 6.2.

So invest 6.2 percent and see which performs better.
I did, and cashed out of my 401K with over $500,000 cash. I put that in an IRA and it has doubled. Next question.
It could have just as easily have dropped by half, hence the problem.

It's the Social Contract you were born to. It comes with the Citizenship. It's been explained to you numerous times, you just can't understand.

What's that contract? I'm confident that you have no understanding of what you're talking about.
We call it, US Citizenship. It's a package deal.

I had no idea that the founders had social security. Who knew.
One of them wanted it, more or less. And you weren't born 220 years ago now were you?

Nope, not at all little infant, it's just not a new concept.

?

Yes, but why are the rest of us forced to subsidize them

I ask the same thing everytime an oil company posts 12B$ quarters and nobody gives a shit ... mention health care for real people who need it and subsidy in the same breath and all hell breaks loose.

I sure with y'all would let the oil companies in others subsidies that y'all speak of. I've never seen them.

Well, you're ignoring widows and survivors benefits for early death, and imo misstating the benefit. In fact, I don't think you can find an annuity to provide the survivor benefits and the post 67 or 70 benefits for what you pay in taxes. But it is an INSURANCE program, not your personal retirement account.

The average payout for social security is $1.180.00. Again, I would rather take those contributions I've paid into my entire work history and place them in my own account, choosing how I want to best invest it, and still do far better than the payout I receive from the Federal Government. I would be in full support of making out current social security system an option that is up to the individual to decide what to do with their OWN money.

Hey. Social Security is only 3 percent of your gross income. So go ahead and invest another 3 percent in whatever you like. See how that turns out.
6.2. Medicare 1.45.
Right. 6.2.

So invest 6.2 percent and see which performs better.
I did, and cashed out of my 401K with over $500,000 cash. I put that in an IRA and it has doubled. Next question.
It could have just as easily have dropped by half, hence the problem.

It did, twice. The first time I got online and made two or three trades a day until I got it back. The second time I just let it ride, and it came back in spades.

I read it. There are no laws FORCING you to do those things.
You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying a mortgage. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying the right refrigerator. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying the right car or right electricity from the right source or the right washing machine. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not having children.

Wakey wakey!

It was not a big leap to force you to pay higher taxes for not buying the right health insurance.

I do not disagree but those are not laws.
They most certainly are laws. It's all there in the tax code. Do you have a mortgage? No? Then you must pay more taxes than someone who does.

Of course you do. The govt knows that which is why I disagree with the multitude of horsehit penalties in the tax code...along with govt writing laws forcing citizens to purchase a product.

Yes, they are so much safer than Social Security that a company like American general can't buy a company like National Life, then raid the employees' pension plans to help pay for the purchase. Naw, that could never happen. Oh wait, they can, and did, and even got the blessing of the SCOTUS to do it.

Forum List

Back