Even with Volatile Stock Market, Personal Retirement Accounts Are Better, Safer than Social Security

The government punishes you with higher taxes for not buying a house. The government punishes you with higher taxes for not buying the right refrigerator. The government punishes you with higher taxes for not buying the right car or right electricity from the right source or the right washing machine. The government punishes you with higher taxes for not having children.

Americans actually demanded this scheme, and still do.

No, SS should just be an option. Surely, you agree with that.
Nope. Because once you rubes opt out of SS and then lose your ass on whatever MLM commemorative gold coin scam sold to you by the advertisers on AM talk radio, you would come whining to the government to support you in your old age for free.

OK, so you're against personal freedoms also.
I'm against stupidity.

Govt forcing citizens to buy a product is stupidity.
The government has been extorting us to buy products for a very long time, and I am not talking about SS. Sorry you have just now noticed.
Yeah, I'd like them to stop making me pay for smart-bombs but they don't seem to be interested. I guess I'll just whine endlessly about it like the children here.

No, SS should just be an option. Surely, you agree with that.
Nope. Because once you rubes opt out of SS and then lose your ass on whatever MLM commemorative gold coin scam sold to you by the advertisers on AM talk radio, you would come whining to the government to support you in your old age for free.

I'm against stupidity.

The government has been extorting us to buy products for a very long time, and I am not talking about SS. Sorry you have just now noticed.

What others? We know SS and oabamacare.

I'm against stupidity.

Yeah, I'd like them to stop making me pay for smart-bombs but they don't seem to be interested. I guess I'll just whine endlessly about it like the children here.

You should.

I'm against stupidity.

See post 81.

Wakey wakey! You have been on the receiving end of a government behavioral modification program since birth. I would even bet you have supported it, too.

The government punishes you with higher taxes for not buying a house. The government punishes you with higher taxes for not buying the right refrigerator. The government punishes you with higher taxes for not buying the right car or right electricity from the right source or the right washing machine. The government punishes you with higher taxes for not having children.

Americans actually demanded this scheme, and still do.

Yep, they sure do. Is there a law that states that you must/must not buy a house, refrigerator, right car. Where is that law?

Another name for that is "Ponzi scheme."

a Ponzi scheme has a short lifetime because it can't be fixed, There are at least a dozen ways to solve the SS shortfall ..

your mental shortfall, not so much.

You mean you aren't allowed to change the terms of the deal with a private contract, but government can change the terms any time it wants and thereby screw you over.
Social Security can be ended as it began, with the stroke of a pen. Now you know.

If a private corporation did that, all the officers would go to prison.
Not at all. Corporations fail daily, and takes their investors cash with them. Capitalism is designed to produce many, many failures, and a few giant success. That's why normal people shouldn't be investors in anything but their homes, small businesses, and kids.

That investing in your home part screwed a lot of people just a few years ago. I can invest, and do so, in small business in several small cap funds. I have 529 college plans for my kids, but Obama is trying to make that worthless. What else do you have?

I'm against stupidity.

See post 81.

Wakey wakey! You have been on the receiving end of a government behavioral modification program since birth. I would even bet you have supported it, too.

I read it. There are no laws FORCING you to do those things. You're just injecting emotion now.

a Ponzi scheme has a short lifetime because it can't be fixed, There are at least a dozen ways to solve the SS shortfall ..

your mental shortfall, not so much.

You mean you aren't allowed to change the terms of the deal with a private contract, but government can change the terms any time it wants and thereby screw you over.
Social Security can be ended as it began, with the stroke of a pen. Now you know.

If a private corporation did that, all the officers would go to prison.
Not at all. Corporations fail daily, and takes their investors cash with them. Capitalism is designed to produce many, many failures, and a few giant success. That's why normal people shouldn't be investors in anything but their homes, small businesses, and kids.

That investing in your home part screwed a lot of people just a few years ago. I can invest, and do so, in small business in several small cap funds. I have 529 college plans for my kids, but Obama is trying to make that worthless. What else do you have?
Death and Taxes. Now you know.

I'm against stupidity.

See post 81.

I read it. There are no laws FORCING you to do those things.
You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying a mortgage. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying the right refrigerator. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying the right car or right electricity from the right source or the right washing machine. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not having children.

Wakey wakey!

It was not a big leap to force you to pay higher taxes for not buying the right health insurance.

See post 81.

You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying a mortgage. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying the right refrigerator. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not buying the right car or right electricity from the right source or the right washing machine. You are forced to pay higher taxes for not having children.

Wakey wakey!

It was not a big leap to force you to pay higher taxes for not buying the right health insurance.

I do not disagree but those are not laws. I also see that you're trying to condescend as a last resort.

Hey. Social Security is only 3 percent of your gross income. So go ahead and invest another 3 percent in whatever you like. See how that turns out.

See post 81.

Wakey wakey!

I do not disagree but those are not laws.
They most certainly are laws. It's all there in the tax code. Do you have a mortgage? No? Then you must pay more taxes than someone who does.

See post 81.

Wakey wakey!

I do not disagree but those are not laws.
They most certainly are laws. It's all there in the tax code. Do you have a mortgage? No? Then you must pay more taxes than someone who does.

Where is the law that states that you have to purchase/do not have to purchase a house, refigerator, washing machine. Those are penalties/ tax credits etc....which I'm in full agreement with you.....for the third time.

It is funny to see how complacent people are about government behavioral modification programs until one comes along that sticks in their craw. Then they balk. Too late.

America demanded all those redistributive tax laws. As long as it was working to your favor, you were okay with it, right? Mortgage interest deduction. Works for me, since I have a mortage. So I go along with it even though its cost comes out of other people's pockets.

But now one comes along that is advantageous to someone else at my expense, and suddenly it is an OUTRAGE!

It is funny to see how complacent people are about government behavioral modification programs until one comes along that sticks in their craw. Then they balk. Too late.

America demanded all those redistributive tax laws. As long as it was working to your favor, you were okay with it, right? Mortgage interest deduction. Works for me, since I have a mortage. So I go along with it even though its cost comes out of other people's pockets.

But now one comes along that is advantageous to someone else at my expense, and suddenly it is an OUTRAGE!

I never was OK with it....along with SS, healthcare etc. You're battling yourself.

Those tax credits I got for energy saving windows and clothes' dryer were the cat's meow.

Forum List

Back