Even if it's a clean sweep, and Republicans end up controlling all three branches of the federal government, our problems will not end...

Even if Trump wins and the GOP manages to keep their Senate majority AND take the House too, it will be by a pretty slim majority in both chambers. Which means the Senate democrats will pretty much oppose and obstruct everything they can whether it's good for the rest of us or not. I do not see the GOP abolishing the filibuster even if Trump wants to, their Senate majority is likely to be very slim and all it'll take is one or two repubs to say no and that'll be that. And the chances of the GOP taking control of the House is also somewhat slim, as to be nearly non-existent. So - we'll have Congressional gridlock. It takes 2 to tango, and the democrats do not want to dance with anybody.
Maybe you need reminding that censure in either house of congress only requires a simple majority vote. Censure effectively removes the censured congressman from all committees and restricts them to participating in floor votes only.

Even if Trump wins and the GOP manages to keep their Senate majority AND take the House too, it will be by a pretty slim majority in both chambers. Which means the Senate democrats will pretty much oppose and obstruct everything they can whether it's good for the rest of us or not. I do not see the GOP abolishing the filibuster even if Trump wants to, their Senate majority is likely to be very slim and all it'll take is one or two repubs to say no and that'll be that. And the chances of the GOP taking control of the House is also somewhat slim, as to be nearly non-existent. So - we'll have Congressional gridlock. It takes 2 to tango, and the democrats do not want to dance with anybody.
Maybe you need reminding that censure in either house of congress only requires a simple majority vote. Censure effectively removes the censured congressman from all committees and restricts them to participating in floor votes only.

Appreciate the information, but so what? That isn't going to change who has the majority or what their agenda is.

It's interesting that the right is basing all their hopes on the repeat of that once in a life time fluke in 2016 that left Trump as president.
More interesting is how you frame the situation to alleviate your fears of a repeat performance. Telling, actually.

I could frame it differently, but that would be inaccurate.

I suppose you could be right, even though I don't see how. Other than a repeat of 2016, what are you hoping for?
I'm hoping for a fair and honest election that has concrete results by Wednesday morning.
I'll be fine regardless of the outcome because I don't rely on government for my prosperity. You?

I suppose you could be right, even though I don't see how. Other than a repeat of 2016, what are you hoping for?
I'm hoping for a fair and honest election that has concrete results by Wednesday morning.
I'll be fine regardless of the outcome because I don't rely on government for my prosperity. You?

Some states won't even start counting mail in votes until after the polls are closed. I'm hoping for a fair and honest election that has concrete results after all valid votes are counted. We are all effected by the government. Giveaways to the rich make it harder on the rest of us.

It's interesting that the right is basing all their hopes on the repeat of that once in a life time fluke in 2016 that left Trump as president. Even with the left being complacent and many not bothering to vote, he had 3 million less supporters than his main competitor. The left is not complacent this time, yet you are still hoping for lightning to strike in the same place.

You again think illegal aliens in California will make the difference.

302 Trump - 234 Harris.

It's the only number that matters. Your 11 million illegals in California make no difference - the 54 EC votes already go to the Communist, no matter who it is.

It's interesting that the right is basing all their hopes on the repeat of that once in a life time fluke in 2016 that left Trump as president. Even with the left being complacent and many not bothering to vote, he had 3 million less supporters than his main competitor. The left is not complacent this time, yet you are still hoping for lightning to strike in the same place.

You again think illegal aliens in California will make the difference.

302 Trump - 234 Harris.

It's the only number that matters. Your 11 million illegals in California make no difference - the 54 EC votes already go to the Communist, no matter who it is.

You still think 3 million illegal aliens voted in California. You're as stupid as Trump.

We are all effected by the government.
I'm so minimally effected by government that I find it mostly irrelevant in my day to day life. It took years of careful planning.
Giveaways to the rich make it harder on the rest of us.
Tax cuts are not giveaways and I celebrate anyone who gets one. I'm not jealous of others who have wealth. I'd rather spend my time in more productive ways.

We are all effected by the government.
I'm so minimally effected by government that I find it mostly irrelevant in my day to day life. It took years of careful planning.
Giveaways to the rich make it harder on the rest of us.
Tax cuts are not giveaways and I celebrate anyone who gets one. I'm not jealous of others who have wealth. I'd rather spend my time in more productive ways.

I don't mind people having wealth. I'm angry when they use that wealth to avoid paying their fair share.

...because Democrats control almost everything else. And now, Democrats are using that power to censor the internet so that even the one voice we thought we still had will be silenced.

We Republicans need to review how this monopoly of power over everything happened, and start fighting back.

The fact is, we've been complacent, so busy raising our families, doing our jobs, and running our businesses we forgot that freedom isn't free, we have to fight to keep it.

No one is oppressing your right to speak freely... What is being prevented is a corporation allowing you to use their software to speak your mind with and they have the right to limit who may or may not use their platform and software...

I don't mind people having wealth. I'm angry when they use that wealth to avoid paying their fair share.
"Fair share" is a buzz phrase for "they should pay more than I".
A truly fair tax would be every voting adult pays the exact same amount. Not same percentage, but the exact same total.
I image you'll disagree because you think "fair share" means differing amounts.

"Fair share" is a buzz phrase for "they should pay more than I".
A truly fair tax would be every voting adult pays the exact same amount. Not same percentage, but the exact same total.
I image you'll disagree because you think "fair share" means differing amounts.

I suppose that would make sense to an idiot.

Wink wink: Here's idea: Outlaw the entire Democratic party, or at least disband or disqualify the entire party. I know its rather extreme. Use laws like RICO, similar laws fighting organized groups bent on destroying American society and the political system. Its rather obvious after a failed coup (the impeachment fiasco), the endorsement of the Democrats of race/civil unrest and mob violence, and their silly insistence on a lockdown of our entire society over what amounts to the common flu...Enough!

Wink wink: Here's idea: Outlaw the entire Democratic party, or at least disband or disqualify the entire party. I know its rather extreme. Use laws like RICO, similar laws fighting organized groups bent on destroying American society and the political system. Its rather obvious after a failed coup (the impeachment fiasco), the endorsement of the Democrats of race/civil unrest and mob violence, and their silly insistence on a lockdown of our entire society over what amounts to the common flu...Enough!

That is certainly what Trump, or any other tin pot dictator would want to happen. Fortunately, it's not how our country works.

Forum List

Back