EU ministers to discuss potential Iran sanctions for lethal drone supply to Russia

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Iran plans to send missiles, drones to Russia for Ukraine war, officials say - The Washington Post

Local : 2022-10-16(Sunday) 10 : 35 : 20
Remote : 2022-10-16(Sunday) 10 : 35 : 20
Found via nicer.app web apps framework

in my humble opinion, it would be good if the US followed the EU in applying sanctions to Iran for their arms support to Russia in Ukraine.
i believe Iran has to be held to a standard of being a good neighbor in all aspects of their foreign policy (before any renewed nuclear deal could be signed), and supplying arms to Russia to be used in Ukraine is certainly not that.
this of course will give the Iranians all the excuses they need to progress their nuclear arms programs and ICBM and BM programs, but at this time i feel the Iranian leaderships and their families (rather than the common families in Iran) should be sanctioned severely, and a realistic regime-change program also has to be thought out and then publicized.

if we don't do this, then Iran will likely see us as weaklings, and delay the nuclear deal signing from their end so that they can advance their WMD programs.
we have to make it clear to them, and to the Muslim communities world-wide, that we're no push-overs or fools.

Some day we might learn that other countries do not care if we condemn them for doing something we regularly do.

Western sanctions really don't mean much these days. All it will accomplish is solidifying their ties to Russia and China.

Iran plans to send missiles, drones to Russia for Ukraine war, officials say - The Washington Post

Local : 2022-10-16(Sunday) 10 : 35 : 20
Remote : 2022-10-16(Sunday) 10 : 35 : 20
Found via nicer.app web apps framework

in my humble opinion, it would be good if the US followed the EU in applying sanctions to Iran for their arms support to Russia in Ukraine.
i believe Iran has to be held to a standard of being a good neighbor in all aspects of their foreign policy (before any renewed nuclear deal could be signed), and supplying arms to Russia to be used in Ukraine is certainly not that.
this of course will give the Iranians all the excuses they need to progress their nuclear arms programs and ICBM and BM programs, but at this time i feel the Iranian leaderships and their families (rather than the common families in Iran) should be sanctioned severely, and a realistic regime-change program also has to be thought out and then publicized.

if we don't do this, then Iran will likely see us as weaklings, and delay the nuclear deal signing from their end so that they can advance their WMD programs.
we have to make it clear to them, and to the Muslim communities world-wide, that we're no push-overs or fools.

Iran and Russia are neighbors so Iran falls under the Russian sphere of influence at least during my lifetime.

I agree with sanctions.

Western sanctions really don't mean much these days. All it will accomplish is solidifying their ties to Russia and China.

Iran has historic ties to Russia. It's very obvious when you visit Iran.

When you read about the protests in Iran over the death of some girl, remember this:

How much did the CIA spend on protests and riots in Iran?

IA Regnum published an infographic with reference to the intelligence of the Iranian security services about how much the American intelligence service has invested the budget to support protests and riots in Iran:

🔸 $55 million for the implementation of the project entitled "Destabilization of the internal situation in Iranian society".

🔸 $131 million to finance the American media for information warfare.

🔸 $53 million to strengthen information resources and the Internet [in Iran] in order to keep in touch with the instigators of the riots.

🔸 $353 million for propaganda and denigration of Iran's image in the eyes of neighbors and friendly countries at the expense of the international mainstream and social networks, resorting to the help of Iranian celebrities in Berlin and the UAE, who gave the CIA full access to their social media accounts.

🔸 $295 million to fight and destroy Iran's nuclear energy.

Total: $887 million

Forum List

Back