Ethnic favortism in Racism

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Something I notice a lot in recent news discussions involving racism is how like-ethnicities seem to side with one another if against another ethnicity. While I understand how minorities tend to cluster together against others (being a Jew and member of the LGBT population) I think siding with your own demographic just because they're like you is wrong.

There is of course major cultural racism in the US against blacks. But blacks siding with each other against whites every time something happens involving a white and black is putting blacks on the wrong side of things a lot of the time. As in Ferguson. The guy was a thug in the literal sense of the word. What kind of fool sides with criminals over law enforcement?

Do police shoot blacks? Of course, but along with whites, and everything else. Instead of leaping to the side of fellow blacks or whichever ethnic group you belong to, shouldn't you be defaulting to siding with police instead?

This is natural, to a large extent. Personally, I don't begrudge blacks their tendency to cluster on issues: it actually makes them stronger. When you're in the minority, it's almost better to be WRONG BUT UNITED than discerning and scattered.

Whites, as future minorities, should take note.

Something I notice a lot in recent news discussions involving racism is how like-ethnicities seem to side with one another if against another ethnicity. While I understand how minorities tend to cluster together against others (being a Jew and member of the LGBT population) I think siding with your own demographic just because they're like you is wrong.

There is of course major cultural racism in the US against blacks. But blacks siding with each other against whites every time something happens involving a white and black is putting blacks on the wrong side of things a lot of the time. As in Ferguson. The guy was a thug in the literal sense of the word. What kind of fool sides with criminals over law enforcement?

Do police shoot blacks? Of course, but along with whites, and everything else. Instead of leaping to the side of fellow blacks or whichever ethnic group you belong to, shouldn't you be defaulting to siding with police instead?
No you shouldnt. By default you should automatically assume the police are in the wrong until proven not guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Until you have been Black you really have no business trying to tell them what to do. There are way too many instances of Blacks being killed by white cops in the Black community. Typical that a white person would assume Blacks are imagining things.

No you shouldnt. By default you should automatically assume the police are in the wrong until proven not guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Until you have been Black you really have no business trying to tell them what to do. There are way too many instances of Blacks being killed by white cops in the Black community. Typical that a white person would assume Blacks are imagining things.

While I agree in principle with your 'until you've walken in my shoes' thing, I have been a Jew and member of the LGBT population, two groups a lot smaller than your's so I think I have the right to speak on minority group favortism as it were. Just like blacks being enaslaved, LGB used to be illegal and subject to police harassment and groundless arrest.

I don't think blacks are imagining things so much as the minority mentality I'm very familar with seems to have made you cluster together like a frightened school of fish or flock of birds. So instead of siding with police as you should, you side with your own ethnicity, perhaps out of instinct. 'They look just like me, so I must be just like them.' Not unless you're a criminal. Are black and minority officers afterall.

While I agree in principle with your 'until you've walken in my shoes' thing, I have been a Jew and member of the LGBT population, two groups a lot smaller than your's so I think I have the right to speak on minority group favortism as it were. Just like blacks being enaslaved, LGB used to be illegal and subject to police harassment and groundless arrest.

I don't think blacks are imagining things so much as the minority mentality I'm very familar with seems to have made you cluster together like a frightened school of fish or flock of birds. So instead of siding with police as you should, you side with your own ethnicity, perhaps out of instinct. 'They look just like me, so I must be just like them.' Not unless you're a criminal. Are black and minority officers afterall.
You seem to have the logic backwards. Its not "they look like me so I must be just like them." Its more like "this same shit happened to me/loved one/Black stranger that was innocent so the cops are probably full of shit as usual." The funny thing is when cops have the trust of Black people then there is cooperation. To assume there is no cooperation when trust is present is pretty dumb.

Obama is half white, but like some blacks, he refuses to identify with his white mother and white Grandparents. So Obama thinks he's part of the typical black culture, regardless of the fact he was never raised like one.

Also,Obama tends to side more with street thugs than he does the police, because of his habit of breaking the law. He sees cops as a threat to himself more than a criminal.

So, essentially, Obama is a closet criminal if not an outright criminal, that thinks he has more to gain from alienating whites and sucking up to blacks than vice-verse.

Last edited:

Obama is half white, but like some blacks, he refuses to identify with white mother and Grandparents. So Obama thinks he's part of black culture, regardless of the fact he was never raised like one.

Also,Obama tends to side more with street thugs than he does the police, because of his habit of breaking the law. He sees cops as a threat to himself more than a criminal.

So, essentially, Obama is a closet criminal if not an outright criminal, that thinks he has more to gain from alienating whites and sucking up to blacks than vice-verse.
That was so retarded I was amazed. You honestly think a politician is going to cater to 13% of the population and get elected twice? You are too dumb for more analysis.

Obama is half white, but like some blacks, he refuses to identify with white mother and Grandparents. So Obama thinks he's part of black culture, regardless of the fact he was never raised like one.

That was so retarded I was amazed. You honestly think a politician is going to cater to 13% of the population and get elected twice? You are too dumb for more analysis.
Catering to that 13% is popular with liberals these days. You need to follow politics more closely if youre going to engage people in political discussions, otherwise you end up looking stupid, like right now.

Catering to that 13% is popular with liberals these days. You need to follow politics more closely if youre going to engage people in political discussions, otherwise you end up looking stupid, like right now.
Are you retarded?

:hmpf:

You sound pretty retarded. If the POTUS was catering to 13% of the population that 13% would have a lower unemployment rate not a higher one. You may want to sit this one out as you dont seem to understand how politics work. :itsok:

Forum List

Back