Ethiopian Knesset member denied blood donation in Israel

Alfalfa

Rookie
Sep 6, 2013
MK Tamano-Shata's blood called 'special kind,' donation refused - Israel News, Ynetnews

MK Tamano-Shata's blood called 'special kind,' donation refused

Magen David Adom refused to allow MK Pnina Tamano-Shata from Yesh Atid to donate blood, saying she had "the special kind of Jewish-Ethiopian blood."

The staff then told her that she could donate blood, but her donation would not be frozen. Tamano-Shata said in response, "I'm good enough to serve the country in the Knesset, but for some reason, to donate blood, I'm not good enough." (Moran Azulay)

Ouch. What kind of thinking leads one to believe africans have "special blood" not good enough for donating? A desire to not want to mix darkie blood with the chosen blood?

The Magen David Adom is Israel's national emergency medical, disaster, ambulance and blood bank service. The name means "Red Star of David" (literally: "Red Shield of David"). Since June 2006, Magen David Adom has been officially recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) as the national aid society of the state of Israel under the Geneva Conventions, and a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.

The Israelis didn't exterminate the Ethiopians yet!?

I don't think they have a problem with the Ethiopian people on the whole as we see an Ethiopian was named Miss Israel. However, I believe the blood issue goes back a time since so many of Africans died of AIDS and many of those who didn't carried the virus. I would think that many of the readers here would be leery themselves of getting a blood transfusion in a San Franscisco hospital because of fear of AIDS. Those who did get blood transfusions up there years ago were sweating it out, and of course there are people in the U.S. who got AIDS because of transfusions. Many of us might remember when his wife and child died of a blood transfusion.
Paul Michael Glaser: I still speak to my dead wife and daughter to tell them I love them | UK | News | Daily Express

I wonder if anyone posting can tell us about the blood transfusions in Muslim countries. For esample, would a Libyan want to receive a blood transfusion from one of the Black workers? Would the President of the Sudan accept blood from a Black if he needed a transfusion?

• Banned
The Israelis didn't exterminate the Ethiopians yet!?

I don't think they have a problem with the Ethiopian people on the whole as we see an Ethiopian was named Miss Israel. However, I believe the blood issue goes back a time since so many of Africans died of AIDS and many of those who didn't carried the virus. I would think that many of the readers here would be leery themselves of getting a blood transfusion in a San Franscisco hospital because of fear of AIDS. Those who did get blood transfusions up there years ago were sweating it out, and of course there are people in the U.S. who got AIDS because of transfusions. Many of us might remember when his wife and child died of a blood transfusion.
Paul Michael Glaser: I still speak to my dead wife and daughter to tell them I love them | UK | News | Daily Express

I wonder if anyone posting can tell us about the blood transfusions in Muslim countries. For esample, would a Libyan want to receive a blood transfusion from one of the Black workers? Would the President of the Sudan accept blood from a Black if he needed a transfusion?

Hilarious. This entire post is a study in ignorance, bigotry and hatred.

Forum List

Back