Who is the most underrated NBA player in history? My 2 submissions.

I'm sorry but that's like comparing a Defensive Lineman in football to a quarterback. Wilt is the GOAT for centers. Bill is on the mount rushmore but didn't score enough and had too good of a team for us to give him that much credit.

Most NBA stars even put Kobe ahead of Lebron. I kind of do too. You need to stop drinking the Lebron coolaid bro. He's no where near the winner Kobe and Jordan were. He just doesn't want it as much.

If he did. If he had their brains and hearts, he'd be the GOAT because physically Lebron is the greatest basketball player to ever play the game. You couldn't build a better athlete in a lab. Weird Science. But he'll never be as good as Jordan.
So Michael is the GOAT.. but no Centers are allowed to be considered. LOL

and the shifting of goalposts continues

Honestly, seems to me Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT if they are allowed. Why didn't he win more? Only 2 rings. Weird. But NO ONE dominated like that right? I'd have to agree.

Wemby might end up being the GOAT

When we talk goats it's usually kobe, lebron, jordan, those guys who led their teams to multiple championships.

If you had to pick first would you really pick Wilt over Jordan?

Honestly, seems to me Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT if they are allowed. Why didn't he win more? Only 2 rings. Weird. But NO ONE dominated like that right? I'd have to agree.

When we talk goats it's usually kobe, lebron, jordan, those guys who led their teams to multiple championships.

Overall Russell can't be forgotten! IMO the true GOAT is Magic even though just 5 NBA Chp. w/ how the Lakers played! He actually had to play all 5 positions including Center as Kareem was hurt early in the playoff one year! He was quite impressive at times, but lost a couple series to Boston regretfully! They were the original BULLS w/ how big they were IMO! :rolleyes: :stir::nono::meow::p

Overall Russell can't be forgotten! IMO the true GOAT is Magic even though just 5 NBA Chp. w/ how the Lakers played! He actually had to play all 5 positions including Center as Kareem was hurt early in the playoff one year! He was quite impressive at times, but lost a couple series to Boston regretfully! They were the original BULLS w/ how big they were IMO! :rolleyes: :stir::nono::meow::p
They were talking about how Kobe needs to be in the conversation as goat, but he isn’t even the greatest laker. Kareem, Magi, Lebron. So close but no cigar.

Russell, Kareem, Kobe, Magic. All in the top 10 but honestly, Jordan is still the goat. Sorry Lebron. Maybe Wemy when it’s all said and done will be the goat

They were talking about how Kobe needs to be in the conversation as goat, but he isn’t even the greatest laker. Kareem, Magi, Lebron. So close but no cigar.

Russell, Kareem, Kobe, Magic. All in the top 10 but honestly, Jordan is still the goat. Sorry Lebron. Maybe Wemy when it’s all said and done will be the goat

Funny, I never cared for Kobe even when he was a kid! IMO he was a "hotdog" and far from what would be considered a "teammate!" It was about getting his shot off! He could have 3 guys hanging on him & instead of passing to an open man, even one under the basket, he'd desperately throw up a shot that would either be made or have a horrible "clank!" His imitation of Jordan also pissed me off! He was literally taking on Michael's deep voice and cadence! On the radio you couldn't tell them apart until told! :dunno: :rolleyes::stir::nono::p

Wembanyama FG% is mid-40s. I think these roundtable discussions of the next Jordan is more about marketing than reality. They do this all the time.

Some of James stats exceed Jordan, but Jordan is still the best in my book.

Wilt is the GOAT for centers.
He's in the group that legit can be considered the GOAT for any player to ever play.
Bill is on the mount rushmore but didn't score enough and had too good of a team for us to give him that much credit.
Since when is scoring the most necessary to be the greatest?

It's odd how you talk about some mythological "will to win" with MJ because he won 6 titles, but Bill Russell is just some guy with 11 titles who didn't score enough and had too good of players around him.

What's the common denominator of all those 11 Celtics titles genius?

And by the way, Russell had 5 MVP's, just as many as MJ. He just had 5 more championships.
Most NBA stars even put Kobe ahead of Lebron. I kind of do too.
That's an insane argument IMO. I don't have Kobe in my top 10 all time. 1 MVP, his first 3 titles were on the coat tails of Shaq, he's an all-time great scorer but not a top 10 all time great player. Elevating Kobe is merely stylistic modernism, as people online happen to be younger, younger people have the means to proclaim/propagate things through social media venues... and those who declare things like a GOAT tend to only consider those who they watch during their careers.

Young folk are trying to rewrite NBA history, skewed towards today's players.
You need to stop drinking the Lebron coolaid bro.
I'm not. You're drinking the MJ coolaid, and because I don't also drink it, you think I'm some sort of advocate against you and for a player I bring up.

You're making an absolute declaration, I'm not. You're the desperate one.

I think there can be made a case for MJ as the GOAT, I also think it's easy to say why he isn't. I think there's a short list of players who can be considered in the discussion.

And, I think anyone who outright declares that one player is the absolute goat is foolish and lacks context/wisdom of NBA basketball history. If someone like yourself does such a thing, it's so easy to stab holes in your arguments, as I've done, and you have no answer for in regards to MJ. You retreat to mythological claims. Just admit it's your opinion and stop expecting others to bow to it.

Last edited:
Honestly, seems to me Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT if they are allowed.
Wilt has a great case for being considered the GOAT.
Why didn't he win more? Only 2 rings. Weird. But NO ONE dominated like that right? I'd have to agree.
Bill Russell and the Celtics.
Doubtful. I don't think he'll surpass Duncan. But he'll be a great player of this generation.
Yes. Wilt was more dominant than MJ, by any measure.

If you dispute that, you'll have to take Jordan's cock out of your mouth to do so.

Funny, I never cared for Kobe even when he was a kid! IMO he was a "hotdog" and far from what would be considered a "teammate!" It was about getting his shot off! He could have 3 guys hanging on him & instead of passing to an open man, even one under the basket, he'd desperately throw up a shot that would either be made or have a horrible "clank!" His imitation of Jordan also pissed me off! He was literally taking on Michael's deep voice and cadence! On the radio you couldn't tell them apart until told! :dunno: :rolleyes::stir::nono::p
He would go hang out with nba legends to pick their brains. Or go practice with other superstars. He was a true student but yea it was obvious he wanted to be mj. He came very close. But he should only be quickly mentioned in the conversation and quickly be eliminated. Lol. At least he’s in the conversation. That’s all he would have wanted.

Wilt has a great case for being considered the GOAT.

Bill Russell and the Celtics.

Doubtful. I don't think he'll surpass Duncan. But he'll be a great player of this generation.

Yes. Wilt was more dominant than MJ, by any measure.

If you dispute that, you'll have to take Jordan's cock out of your mouth to do so.
Wemby might surprise you. He might win 6 championships before he’s done. Then will you put my dick in your mouth?

In no particular order

1. Moses Malone
3 time NBA MVP
13 Time All star
4 time all NBA first team
6 time rebounding leader
1 NBA championship
1 NBA Finals MVP
11th all time scoring leader
Top Scoring Averages: 31.1, 27.8, 25.8, 24.8
Top Rebounding Averages: 15.3, 14.8, 14.7, 14.5
Career Playoff Average: 22.1ppg, 13.8rpg

2. Elgin Baylor
All NBA First team 10 times
Rookie of the year in 1958-59
11 time all star
Finished 2nd in MVP one year, 3rd in MVP 3 times

This guy doesn't have the "leads the league" stats (he played in the era of Wilt), but is a total beast. Look at his first 5 years in the league
1958-59: 24.9 ppg, 15 rpg, 4.3 apg
1959-60: 29.6 ppg, 16.4 rpg, 3.5 apg
1960-61: 34.8 ppg, 19.8 rpg, 5.1 apg
1961-62: 38.3 ppg, 18.6 rpg, 4.6 apg
1962-63: 34.0 ppg, 14.3 rpg, 4.6 apg

Throughout the 60's afterwards he had points per game scores of: 25.4, 27.1, 16.6, 26.6, 26.0, 24.8, and 24.0
Rebounds of: 12.0, 12.8, 9.6, 12.8, 12.2, 10.6, 10.4

I like it that Dennis Rodman, Mark Aguirre, Chauncey Billups, Adrian Dantley, Grant Hill and Ben Wallace are on this list

I'm going to go with Fat Lever because I have never heard this name until now.

Dennis Johnson is number one on this list.

1. Fat Lever is the most underrated point guard in NBA history.
    The 6'3" Lever routinely led the Denver Nuggets in assists and rebounds during the 1980s.
    He was a triple-double waiting to happen, a guy who could defend and swipe balls unlike many other "top" point guards of the decade. His best season occurred during the 1988-89 campaign, when he averaged 19.8 points, 9.3 rebounds and 7.9 assists. This was also the year that he accumulated nine steals—in one quarter.
    Lever should be considered a top five Nugget, but just about no one outside of the Rockies gives the guy any respect.
    Perhaps a previous column I wrote in March can persuade you to call Lafayette "Fat" Lever one of the NBA's most underrated.

The old-timers say David Thompson could pick Quarters off the top off the backboard ….. before COKE got him.

You got to watch your employees (I suppose) if you want a quality product on the floor. You are paying for it as owner. As Coach the players are your tooling. Don’t let them go far out getting messed up with bad crowd.

Why does Shaq say Jordan is and not Wilt?'

Let me explain to you why Jordan is the goat. Are you watching Jalen Brunson? How come Lebron doesn't do that? Take over the game. Or Kobe, Allen Iverson, Jimmy Butler.

This is what Lebron seems incapable of doing. All those guys know taking over in big games, Jordan was the best. 6 times. And he was the main guy all 6 times.

Lebron was finals MVP 4 times. MJ 6 times. And Lebron was in the league a lot longer.

IF Lebron won that finals where he got cramps, maybe I wouldn't feel this way about him. That one left a scar. There were others. Times where I wondered why Lebron didn't take over the game when things were going south.

That's it! He doesn't seem to have the ability to fix what's going wrong. If his team is off that night, they lose. Jordan just took over and did all the scoring. His team just had to play defense and let Jordan go to work.

Why does Shaq say Jordan is and not Wilt?'

Let me explain to you why Jordan is the goat. Are you watching Jalen Brunson? How come Lebron doesn't do that? Take over the game. Or Kobe, Allen Iverson, Jimmy Butler.
Lebron did do that, you clearly didn't watch him in the playoffs/finals during both stints in Cleveland.

But, this is just more of you making up a narrative. The only "stat" you offer is Lebron having 4 Finals MVP's and Jordan having 6... well, they only give finals MVP to winning teams.. so... that's more of a team stat than a personal one.

Lebron did do that, you clearly didn't watch him in the playoffs/finals during both stints in Cleveland.

But, this is just more of you making up a narrative. The only "stat" you offer is Lebron having 4 Finals MVP's and Jordan having 6... well, they only give finals MVP to winning teams.. so... that's more of a team stat than a personal one.

LeBron James has averaged 31.3 points, 10.8 rebounds and 8.9 assists in 26 games for the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals in his career.

Jesus Christ!

He was an absolute beast.
Not when it counted. See, this is why they make their names in the playoffs. I don't give a fuck about regular season stats. I base my decision on playoffs. And Jordan was 6 for 6 perfect in the finals. You know how sometimes when you're being judged you get style points? Jordan gets those.

1715614038826.png

Show me Lebron's shot that is etched in your mind.

Forum List

Back