ESG ratings

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
ESG Investing: ESG Ratings - MSCI

Never heard of ESG ratings? It is the new method government will use to ensure that corporations are adequately "woke".

Those that are not, will fail.

This is similar to the new Chinese social scoring system

The Advent of China’s Social Credit Scores – US-China Today

In other words, so long as you are a "good" citizen, you will be allowed to function freely within society. However, if your score falls too much, you may be unable to travel on a plane, for example.

Last edited:

Never heard of ESG ratings? It is the new method government will use to ensure that corporations are adequately "woke".

In other words, so long as you are a "good" citizen, you will be allowed to function freely within society. However, if your score falls too much, you may be unable to travel on a plane, for example.

I aim to misbehave.

I aim to misbehave.
I'm not sure you realize what those who misbehave will be up against.

I aim to misbehave.

I'm "retired", debt free, my assets are solid and I answer to no one for my opinions. What can they do?

So, an investment company invents an "ESG rating" to make themselves some money, and the Trump Cultists declare it's obviously a government plot.

Conclusion?

Trump cultists aren't very bright.

Trump cultists love to whine.

So, an investment company invents an "ESG rating" to make themselves some money, and the Trump Cultists declare it's obviously a government plot.

Conclusion?

who said its a government plot??

and why are you defend big corp. that abuse people for profit??

I aim to misbehave.

I'm "retired", debt free, my assets are solid and I answer to no one for my opinions. What can they do?
>I'm "retired", debt free, my assets are solid and I answer to no one for my opinions. What can they do?
They could turn off you credit cards. :)

Conclusion?

Trump critics whine far worse.

I aim to misbehave.

>I'm "retired", debt free, my assets are solid and I answer to no one for my opinions. What c

an they do?

I think you mean "debit card",,,

he has no debt so he has no credit card,, I'm guessing,,,

I aim to misbehave.

>I'm "retired", debt free, my assets are solid and I answer to no one for my opinions. What c

an they do?

I have both. I pay off the credit card in full every month. I suppose you could say I "have debt" if you wanted to be technical.

I aim to misbehave.

an they do?

I have both. I pay off the credit card in full every month. I suppose you could say I "have debt" if you wanted to be technical.

my wife has an old navy credit card and uses it for big purchases and then pays it off and collects points,,

she hasnt paid for cloths in 4 yrs,,,

is that really debt or an investment??

I aim to misbehave.

an they do?

>he has no debt so he has no credit card,, I'm guessing,,,

Good point, but I have no debt, and I use a 2% cash back credit card which I pay off completely. My 2% goes right into my brokerage account, and I buy stocks with it.

I am not aware of any such deals on a debit card, but I have never had one of those.

I suppose you could say that my rolling line of credit is a debt, but there are no fees, and no interest, so I don't look at it that way. Basically, I get to borrow the card issuer's money for 1-2 months, interest free, plus the 2% discount on all purchases. Debit cards debit your account immediately, and have to be secured with funds that are normally getting pathetic interest rates. Credit cards, if used wisely, are no debts, they actually make the user money.

Credit cards are the way to go, for sure. Since he has no debt like me, I assume he is smart. :)

I aim to misbehave.

an they do?

Good point, but I have no debt, and I use a 2% cash back credit card which I pay off completely. My 2% goes right into my brokerage account, and I buy stocks with it.

I am not aware of any such deals on a debit card, but I have never had one of those.

I suppose you could say that my rolling line of credit is a debt, but there are no fees, and no interest, so I don't look at it that way. Basically, I get to borrow the card issuer's money for 1-2 months, interest free, plus the 2% discount on all purchases. Debit cards debit your account immediately, and have to be secured with funds that are normally getting pathetic interest rates. Credit cards, if used wisely, are no debts, they actually make the user money.

Credit cards are the way to go, for sure. Since he has no debt like me, I assume he is smart. :)

we only owe about 80K for 3 houses and 12 acres., other than that we are debt free,,

the biggest thing is to always work to be total debt free, cause thats where the real power lies to stop the government or corp. from having control of you,,

I aim to misbehave.

an they do?

we only owe about 80K for 3 houses and 12 acres., other than that we are debt free,,

the biggest thing is to always work to be total debt free, cause thats where the real power lies to stop the government or corp. from having control of you,,
>we only owe about 80K for 3 houses and 12 acres., other than that we are debt free,,

That sounds nice. Particularly the acreage. I couldn't imagine having three houses; one is so much work. :)

> the biggest thing is to always work to be total debt free, cause thats where the real power lies to stop the government or corp. from having control of you,,

Yeah, it was a huge relief when I paid off my mortgage years ago. Being a single earner, it was so nice to own it outright and not worrying about having to move if I got laid off in Obama's incredible economy, LOL. I have survived so many layoffs in my career, never having been out of work myself, but I have watched so many good people get shown the door.

Then, even after you pay it off, you still have to pay property taxes on it, or it could be repossessed and sold by the all-powerful government. It seems we are only renting our paid-for houses and land from them. I wish there ws a way to completely sever. If the government gave me an opportunity to pay 20 times my annual property taxes and never have to pay them again ever, I would jump on the opportunity. Property tax is really cheap here though (the rates double about 2 miles from here). I'm not sure I would want to fork out that much money if I was living in NY, IL, CT, NJ, CA, etc where property taxes on me would be five times higher or more.

I aim to misbehave.

an they do?

>we only owe about 80K for 3 houses and 12 acres., other than that we are debt free,,

That sounds nice. Particularly the acreage. I couldn't imagine having three houses; one is so much work. :)

> the biggest thing is to always work to be total debt free, cause thats where the real power lies to stop the government or corp. from having control of you,,

Yeah, it was a huge relief when I paid off my mortgage years ago. Being a single earner, it was so nice to own it outright and not worrying about having to move if I got laid off in Obama's incredible economy, LOL. I have survived so many layoffs in my career, never having been out of work myself, but I have watched so many good people get shown the door.

Then, even after you pay it off, you still have to pay property taxes on it, or it could be repossessed and sold by the all-powerful government. It seems we are only renting our paid-for houses and land from them. I wish there ws a way to completely sever. If the government gave me an opportunity to pay 20 times my annual property taxes and never have to pay them again ever, I would jump on the opportunity. Property tax is really cheap here though (the rates double about 2 miles from here). I'm not sure I would want to fork out that much money if I was living in NY, IL, CT, NJ, CA, etc where property taxes on me would be five times higher or more.

the houses arent that bad,,
the first two dont even get 2200 sq ft and ones a old concrete block house thats going to be a she shed with a full gym,, the third one is the neighbors house we bought cheap and the mother in law lives there and its maybe 1200 sq ft,,,

and yes property taxs are the only down side,, I can almost be OK with them as long as they are reasonable,,

I aim to misbehave.

Well with the new infrastructure bill, from what I hear if you leave assets of over a million, which today is not much money, those who get your stuff will be instantly taxed on the capital gains. And if they can't pay it immediately, then they lose it.

So once the Dims shove the bill down our throats you may want to consult your lawyer again.

I think the best way to pass wealth may be to simply keep silver and gold in safety deposit boxes.

I realize most don't understand that the infrastructure bill is really a bill that is really the biggest tax bill in US history. But the media will never cover it as such, so..............

As for the ESG rating, like I said, the Chinese have begun this rating for private individuals. So picture a time when you can't enter a store to buy things cuz your rating sucks. Or picture a time when you can't obtain electricity, etc.

Forum List

Back