Erie, Pennsylvania Ironworkers Need Dental So Badly, One Pulled His Own Tooth Out at Work

I had to 'help' the last dentist pull a bum molar, it was a small pair of channel locks ......~S~

A nickel per hour? What an awful slap in the face. Any decent employer offers dental. 200 percent behind the workers and minus 500 percent backing employer.

why didn’t he go tit rhe dentist?

A lot of guys are frightened by the dentist. I've see fellows pull their own teeth, it usually doesn't have anything to do with the dental fees. Its less than $200 to get a tooth pulled. But having someone in your mouth like that freaks people out so they'd just as soon do it themselves.

One more good reason why we have to keep communist unions out of our wonderful country!

The employer is clearly hating on it's employees

Two points on this.

First, employers aren't responsible for the dental health of its employees. If they were, they could enforce flossing rules on their staff.

Second, they aren't allowed to unilaterally give a unionized employee squat without the approval of the union bosses.

I don't know why the fellow discussed just didn't go to the dentist. Its less that 200 to get a tooth pulled and you can put it on your credit card.

That's less than union dues

A nickel per hour? What an awful slap in the face. Any decent employer offers dental.

Then quit ... and go work the employer offering better compensation. If ... you have skills and experience for which they are willing to pay.

No one in America is forced to work anywhere the feel their work is not adequately compensated.

Unions are why you have a 5 day work week and 8 hour shifts. If you do not like unions go work for free and for 100 hours a week.

Unions are why you have a 5 day work week and 8 hour shifts. If you do not like unions go work for free and for 100 hours a week.

that's sort of a silly statement 94% of the American people are proudly Scab and we're doing pretty well as a whole.

Paying a union business agent a weekly tribute doesn't get people much. And a lot of unionized people with paid up union cards- like the Ironworkers in Erie that are cited in the OP- are living hand to mouth.

The employer is obviously a bad one. The company is now marked as a place to avoid. Karma.

A lot of guys are frightened by the dentist. I've see fellows pull their own teeth, it usually doesn't have anything to do with the dental fees. Its less than $200 to get a tooth pulled. But having someone in your mouth like that freaks people out so they'd just as soon do it themselves.
I don't know why they don't possess the guts to have such a thing be done by a professional. Doctors not only have the experience, but the proper utensils to work with while doing whatever needs to be done, not to mention drugs. You would think that getting a prescription for drugs alone would give nervous people enough motivation to have the procedure be done the way that it is supposed to be done.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The employer is obviously a bad one. The company is now marked as a place to avoid. Karma.

How do you figure?

Its the union bosses whose responsibility it is to negotiate a good compensation package.

They are the ones who failed.

They did try to negotiate. What the company offered is a slap in the face. I stand firmly in the corner of the workers. They aren't asking for much at all. When workers stand firm good things happen.

They did try to negotiate. What the company offered is a slap in the face. I stand firmly in the corner of the workers. They aren't asking for much at all. When workers stand firm good things happen.

The union may have "tried" to negotiate, but they failed even though they took a lot of money in dues from the members. I'm not sure why you think failure on the part of Big Labor is admirable.

Why doesn't the company like it's workers? Why the hatred and mistreatment? Why not provide a reasonable offer? Pretend to pay me I pretend to work.

Forum List

Back