EPA using your money to make people take shorter showers in hotels

And this is done under the authority granted to the Federal government by the Water Conservation and Monitoring passage in the Constitution.

Which is found next to the section authorizing the Fed govt to run retirement programs. Just below the part authorizing them to run Medical Insurance schemes, regulate wages, and restrict pollution. And the parts saying they can dictate the size of your toilet, and what kinds of light bulbs you can and can't use.

All of which is just above the passage that says the Fed govt can do only the things listed in the Constitution, and is forbidden to do all others, but the States and the people can still do the others if they want. (I've actually seen that passage, but somehow I missed the others. But I'm sure the government would not do those other things if it would violate the Constitution, so they must be in there somewhere)

Of course, the Constitution was designed expressly to prevent the Fed govt from spreading its tentacles into every aspect of people's lives. That was one of its main purposes - to keep the Fed govt small and limited, while letting the States etc. mostly do what they wanted.

Is there some reason why this water-monitoring can't be left to the States, so that only the ones that need it can do it?

So states in drought conditions like California can do this, while states with tons of rainfall annually like Massachusetts, New York etc., whose biggest problem is flooding and getting water OFF their land, can forgo trying to force hotel guests to "conserve" it?

They love giving up their freedoms like tories to the crown.

I still don't see it as the EPA trying to figure out how they can snatch our freedoms away.

To me ... It looks like one of those situations where they are sitting around in a committee meeting trying to figure out what they can do to remain relevant.
Some genius comments that they can use existing technology to track water usage in hotels ... And data indicates that people in hotels take long showers.

Bam ... Kill two birds with one stone.
Now they have something to do that shows they are working on something.
They also have the ability to "heighten the awareness of water conservation issues".

They probably weren't looking far enough ahead to see where freedom loving people don't like being monitored by big brother.
There was a little shortsightedness I determining the angry mob would show up with pitchforks over a simple measure to account for water usage.

Mock Conversation at the Water Cooler ...

"Thanks Pat ... My mom called me yesterday fussing about your great idea to monitor her hotel shower time."

"Crap ... I had to come up with something.
With budget cuts coming around and my girlfriend working in the technology department, it seemed like a good idea."

"Well, I heard you and your girlfriend were actively conserving water by showering together."

"Yeah well ... I cannot say it reduces the time any, but is a lot more fun."

No, the EPA is there (I do not know if this is why it was originally formed or if it developed into this) for justification for environmental revenues through fines etc.

Make no mistake, the environmental INDUSTRY is a trillion dollar industry WORLD WIDE. Yes, TRILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY.

When we are talking sheer numbers and those dollar amounts, you know and I know what these governments are after.

Like I mentioned, it is related the SAFETY INDUSTRY. We all know how the government uses the GRIEVANCE INDUSTRY for their political benefit and monetary benefit.

These insidious ideas are developed in these think tanks. What are they really trying to do? Trying to figure out new and creative ways to fleece the public through some kind of fine or "tax dollars."

That is what this is, and they certainly depend on the moronic gullible sheep to push these ideas. Just look at them.
You are adding to much cynicism to your
corn flakes...

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who do not have it."

George Bernard Shaw

people don't take longer showers just because they are in a hotel.....where's the proof of that...?

it's funny how the EPA can't grasp the relationship between their 'water-saver' showerheads and people taking longer showers....

my showers are just as short as they've always been....because i kept my old-fashioned showerhead that delivers a decent water flow....you can't buy them anymore...

the real reason for this absurdity is just as others here have noted.....a government power-grab.....why else have they been installing 'smart meters' in peoples' homes for all sorts of utilities....? it's a sneaky incremental excremental leftie plan....

Is there some reason why this water-monitoring can't be left to the States, so that only the ones that need it can do it?

So states in drought conditions like California can do this, while states with tons of rainfall annually like Massachusetts, New York etc., whose biggest problem is flooding and getting water OFF their land, can forgo trying to force hotel guests to "conserve" it?
why doesn't California just get a pipeline for water from Canada or Alaska....?

why doesn't California just get a pipeline for water from Canada or Alaska....?

Or create more desalination plants like they have in San diego. I bet the libs will be fearful that they would suck up all of the water in the Pacific Ocean.

It's time to end the EPA.
I actually favor a Constitutional amendment to authorize the EPA.

And one reason we need a Constitutional amendment, in addition to making it legal (for a change), is so that we can limit it.

A limitation that might take the form of, "The EPA can only regulate pollution that contacts or crosses state borders". Or some such appropriate language. Because currently Louisiana cannot do anything about industries in Minnesota that pollute the Mississippi River (which then flows through Louisiana). And Kansas cannot do anything about air pollution flowing into the state from Denver.

It would also need language saying something like "No agency of the Federal govt is allowed to regulate issues that do NOT cause harm across state lines". This will prevent the Fed from getting too big for its britches and regulating toilet sizes or light bulb types.

Such an amendment would initially have a huge impact on the Fed govt, since it is currently doing MANY unconstitutional things in the name of "environmental protection". But it would put many if those things back where they belong: In the hands of individual states or cities, which can then choose if they want to regulate them or not.

This amendment would need a lot of study, so that we can be sure the Fed gets the authority to do the things it SHOULD be doing, while banning the things that are better left to the States and lower govts.

Some on the left may believe that our governments, general or not; should be practicing more, the Art of the Husbandman--and use our monies to promote the general welfare of the United States by advancing the Cause of fusion (an energy with a future).

Last edited:
Or create more desalination plants like they have in San diego. I bet the libs will be fearful that they would suck up all of the water in the Pacific Ocean.
There are no such plants in San Diego, nor are any currently proposed.

But they are building one thirty miles up the coast in the town of Carlsbad. Such a thing is badly needed here.

And is, and should be, illegal for the Feds to support. Not that that would stop them. States that need it, should pay for it.

Some on the left may believe that our governments, general or not; should practicing more, the Art of the Husbandman--and use our monies to promote the general welfare of the United States by advancing the Cause of fusion (an energy with a future).
"Our governments" should do that, all they want... except the Fed govt, which is forbidden by the Constitution to do so. And for good reason.

Let the States handle it. They don't need Big Brother to tell them what to do or how to do it.

The dangers of letting the Fed govt get too big and overbearing, are well known to people everywhere. Except liberals who carefully do not look.

With two hundred miles of commercial coastal waters available along our entire coast; why not put wind farms and solar farms out there?
but that might harm the little fishes....remember how the govt. shutoff the farm water and caused a drought in So.Cal. to protect the smelt....?

one needs to understand liberalism....they are not for real conservation.....they are first and foremost for POWER over the people....their goal is to herd everyone into highly controlled and regulated population centers...

Some on the left may believe that our governments, general or not; should practicing more, the Art of the Husbandman--and use our monies to promote the general welfare of the United States by advancing the Cause of fusion (an energy with a future).
"Our governments" should do that, all they want... except the Fed govt, which is forbidden by the Constitution to do so. And for good reason.

Let the States handle it. They don't need Big Brother to tell them what to do or how to do it.

The dangers of letting the Fed govt get too big and overbearing, are well known to people everywhere. Except liberals who carefully do not look.
Not sure what you are referring to.

Did you miss our Manhattan Project and Space Race?

We should be able to have fusion infrastructure in place in eight years or less.

With two hundred miles of commercial coastal waters available along our entire coast; why not put wind farms and solar farms out there?
but that might harm the little fishes....remember how the govt. shutoff the farm water and caused a drought in So.Cal. to protect the smelt....?

one needs to understand liberalism....they are not for real conservation.....they are first and foremost for POWER over the people....their goal is to herd everyone into highly controlled and regulated population centers...
Practicing the Art of the Husband (on Earth for now), could imply creating a demand labor by creating ecofriendly environments at the same time;

like artificial reefs, for example or ecofriendly breakwaters for recreational purposes;

or, even through fishery "islands" that can replenish endangered species for the Ark of our planet Earth.

Last edited:
Practicing the Art of the Husband (on Earth for now), could imply creating a demand labor by creating ecofriendly environments at the same time;

like artificial reefs, for example or ecofriendly breakwaters for recreational purposes;

or, even through fishery "islands" that can replenish endangered species for the Ark of our planet Earth.

Not a new concept at all, and in practice in a boatload of places ... Just not that popular in the States.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back