EPA using your money to make people take shorter showers in hotels

Call your Representatives in Congress and DEMAND they defund this OUT OF CONTROL agency doing us a lot of damage

Wrong. The largest users, by far, are farmers.

You know ... That kind of completes another cycle.

Crops used to be decided by the farmers and based on annual rainfall as far as what was planted.
But ... Then you legislate the idea that a third of your annual corn crop is turned into bio-fuel.
Then farmers start planting corn in places where the water necessary is not readily available in rainfall ... So they start irrigating crops from other water sources.

Add in some subsidies to steer production ... Legislate the outcome to meet desired production demands.
Then complain about the mess you made ... And legislate some more.

Goo ahead and waste water, what the hell do you short sighted old fucks care...
Just moniter the illegals in California, the worst abusers, they think the water is free.
The largest users of fresh water is golf courses and car washes...I believe the illegals simply work at these elite wasters of resources for the wealthy...

Wrong. The largest users, by far, are farmers.
We were both wrong, it's Thermoelectric-power

I need one of those devices for my kids

They take freak'n 40 minute showers

They love giving up their freedoms like tories to the crown.

I still don't see it as the EPA trying to figure out how they can snatch our freedoms away.

To me ... It looks like one of those situations where they are sitting around in a committee meeting trying to figure out what they can do to remain relevant.
Some genius comments that they can use existing technology to track water usage in hotels ... And data indicates that people in hotels take long showers.

Bam ... Kill two birds with one stone.
Now they have something to do that shows they are working on something.
They also have the ability to "heighten the awareness of water conservation issues".

They probably weren't looking far enough ahead to see where freedom loving people don't like being monitored by big brother.
There was a little shortsightedness I determining the angry mob would show up with pitchforks over a simple measure to account for water usage.

Mock Conversation at the Water Cooler ...

"Thanks Pat ... My mom called me yesterday fussing about your great idea to monitor her hotel shower time."

"Crap ... I had to come up with something.
With budget cuts coming around and my girlfriend working in the technology department, it seemed like a good idea."

"Well, I heard you and your girlfriend were actively conserving water by showering together."

"Yeah well ... I cannot say it reduces the time any, but is a lot more fun."

No, the EPA is there (I do not know if this is why it was originally formed or if it developed into this) for justification for environmental revenues through fines etc.

Make no mistake, the environmental INDUSTRY is a trillion dollar industry WORLD WIDE. Yes, TRILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY.

When we are talking sheer numbers and those dollar amounts, you know and I know what these governments are after.

Like I mentioned, it is related the SAFETY INDUSTRY. We all know how the government uses the GRIEVANCE INDUSTRY for their political benefit and monetary benefit.

These insidious ideas are developed in these think tanks. What are they really trying to do? Trying to figure out new and creative ways to fleece the public through some kind of fine or "tax dollars."

That is what this is, and they certainly depend on the moronic gullible sheep to push these ideas. Just look at them.

I still don't see it as the EPA trying to figure out how they can snatch our freedoms away.

To me ... It looks like one of those situations where they are sitting around in a committee meeting trying to figure out what they can do to remain relevant.
Some genius comments that they can use existing technology to track water usage in hotels ... And data indicates that people in hotels take long showers.

They also have the ability to "heighten the awareness of water conservation issues".

They probably weren't looking far enough ahead to see where freedom loving people don't like being monitored by big brother.
There was a little shortsightedness I determining the angry mob would show up with pitchforks over a simple measure to account for water usage.

"Thanks Pat ... My mom called me yesterday fussing about your great idea to monitor her hotel shower time."

With budget cuts coming around and my girlfriend working in the technology department, it seemed like a good idea."

"Well, I heard you and your girlfriend were actively conserving water by showering together."

No, the EPA is there (I do not know if this is why it was originally formed or if it developed into this) for justification for environmental revenues through fines etc.

Make no mistake, the environmental INDUSTRY is a trillion dollar industry WORLD WIDE. Yes, TRILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY.

When we are talking sheer numbers and those dollar amounts, you know and I know what these governments are after.

Like I mentioned, it is related the SAFETY INDUSTRY. We all know how the government uses the GRIEVANCE INDUSTRY for their political benefit and monetary benefit.

These insidious ideas are developed in these think tanks. What are they really trying to do? Trying to figure out new and creative ways to fleece the public through some kind of fine or "tax dollars."

That is what this is, and they certainly depend on the moronic gullible sheep to push these ideas. Just look at them.
You are adding to much cynicism to your
corn flakes...

I see the conservatives are really not conservatives. Of course, anyone with a 5th grade education knows that the word conservative is derived from the word conserve. This is just another instance when the far right proves that they are not real conservatives at all.
Anyway, most people with an education know the world is facing a fresh water shortage.
Why fresh water shortages will cause the next great global crisis
Why fresh water shortages will cause the next great global crisis Environment The Guardian

Last edited:
Scientists believe that about 140 million people, especially in developing countries, are being continuously poisoned by arsenic in their drinking water. Arsenic is very poisonous metalloid that is often used in pesticides, herbicides and insecticides. Despite the fact that this has become major problem, governments still failed to give proper significance and the priority that this problem, especially considering numbers of possible victims, deserves. It looks like those reports of poisonous communities in Bangladesh from 80s are being easily forgotten. (Gangajal)

Hey maybe you could help these 140 million people get rid of the arsenic in their drinking water. Would you help them out? It just a little bit of arsenic contamination. You know how to get rid of that right?

Kind of interesting that you would mention that ... And Argentina, Brazil and Bolivia also have severe problems with arsenic in drinking and ground water.
Then you find out that the arsenic gets into the drinking water from mining operations that produce the Lithium used in hybrid and electric car batteries.
Then you understand that the US Government subsidizes and promotes the purchase and distribution of "green friendly" options such as electric cars.

So once you complete the cycle ... The US is subsidizing the arsenic poisoning of South Americans in order to promote their environmentally conscious Green Policies.

The agency is spending $15,000 to create a wireless system that will track how much water a hotel guest uses to get them to “modify their behavior.”

Translation: Some crony is being paid off by the wrong hotel industry lobbyist. They cooked up this idea so that Marriott can get water monitors in their guest rooms to start charging people for "excessive" water usage, without Marriott having to look like it was their idea to begin with. They're just "going long with the flow," no pun intended.

"Hotels consume a significant amount of water in the U.S. and around the world,” an EPA grant to the University of Tulsa reads.

That's what happens when you have anywhere from 50 to 8000 people under one roof showering, doing laundry, etc.

“Most hotels do not monitor individual guest water usage and as a result, millions of gallons of potable water are wasted every year by hotel guests.”

Most hotels have enough on our hands to not give a fuck. And the water is not being wasted. It's bought and paid for. Someone like Marriott or maybe Hyatt might like to slip this nasty, invasive cockamamie idea into their guest's bills. Or maybe some unscrupulous independent shacks. Most of us in the industry realize that it would be a horrible idea for us to try it.

The funding is going toward creating a prototype and market analysis for the device. The goal of the project is to change the behavior of Americans when they stay at hotels.

Yeah, because call girls and extra marital affairs are small beans compared to taking a long shower.

“This technology will provide hotel guests with the ability to monitor their daily water online or using a smartphone app and will assist hotel guest in modifying their behavior to help conserve water,” the grant said.

If a guest wants to take a long shower, they're going to take a long shower. The hotels know they use alot of water. They see the bills ever three months. Many hotel chains nowadays have already adopted several "green" initiatives. Translate "green" into "money saving." "Green" is just a more marketable way of telling people that we aren't giving you a daily newspaper anymore. A big part of these initiatives is water conservation. Hotels are using HE washing machines to significantly reduce water usage, state of the art dishwasher machines to reduce water usage, etc.

The EPA also has a WaterSense program that challenges hotels to track their water use and upgrade their restrooms with low-flow toilets and showerheads.

Fuck. That. It's not an upgrade, it's a downgrade. I did actually work at a hotel with such "upgrades" for about two years. It's a constant string of complaints. Frequent clogged toilets and constant complaints about poor water pressure.

This is the thing....I'm charging people $300 a night on a room that costs $25 to clean between guests, and $4 to refresh on a daily basis when you stay multiple nights. The least we can do is provide you with the basic comfort of a quality showering experience, and that's exactly the complains that we would get.

The program also encourages “linen and towel reuse programs” in guest rooms.

Yeah, because that's what everybody wants in a hotel, to reuse the same towels over and over. One of the most common complains in hotels is that housekeeping didn't come by to provide fresh towels.

The EPA is concerned that the average shower, which lasts just eight minutes, uses 18 gallons of water, and has asked Americans to reduce their shower length by at least one minute.

Tyler W. Johannes, Ph.D., an associate professor in the University of Tulsa’s School of Chemical Engineering who is working on the project, told the Washington Free Beacon that the researchers hope to see the technology “adopted by all major hotels and used across the country.”

He said the device seeks to get hotel guests to limit their showers to seven minutes as a start.

Johannes and his team assumed the average hotel shower lasts 8.2 minutes, using 17.2 gallons of water per guest per shower.

“Initially our device/app seeks to get hotel guests to reduce their water use by 10 percent or to reduce their showers by about one minute,” he said.

Johannes provided a link to Home Water Works, which recommends taking a five minute shower to reduce water use.

The website, which is a project of the Alliance for Water Efficiency, also suggests watering plants with discarded cold water from showers that take a long time to heat up, and taking “navy showers.”

“The method requires three steps: 1) turn on water to rinse body and hair; 2) turn off water while shampooing hair and washing body with soap and washcloth; 3) resume water flow and rinse off all shampoo and soap,” the group said. “Using this technique, the total duration of water flow can easily be reduced to 5 minutes or less.”

EPA Wants to Monitor How Long Hotel Guests Spend in the Shower Washington Free Beacon

Jesus fucking Christ.

You can not destroy water, you do know you are drinking dinosaur piss right now, or do you?

Your stupid is showing....again. I guarantee you that I can make water unfit for human consumption. Effectively destroying it for human consumption. Which is the same thing as destroying water. It would become just another solvent. Good for flushing Republican ideas down the toilet is all it would be worth.

The earth will eventually recycle. Try again. Another one of your ideas that stayed at the bottom of the outhouse.

Yeah I can see that. Combine stupidity with irrelevancy and you have the makings of a nice jonestown style suicide.

Apparently you fail to see the difference between monitoring by the central government and that of water companies.

Hey, if the people of CA never get any more rain and the drought continues, do you think the people will go to private companies to fix the water problem or the government?

Damn, you're stupid. I hope you're not acting as some sort of scientist.

You can not destroy water, you do know you are drinking dinosaur piss right now, or do you?

Your stupid is showing....again. I guarantee you that I can make water unfit for human consumption. Effectively destroying it for human consumption. Which is the same thing as destroying water. It would become just another solvent. Good for flushing Republican ideas down the toilet is all it would be worth.

You're a fucking idiot who apparently slept through this day in class.

swatercycle1.gif

You're a fucking idiot who apparently slept through this day in class.

swatercycle1.gif

He's probably one of those stupid climate-change cultists.

Forum List

Back