Enjoy Your Pork

I've seen worms in large fish that are usually bigger than a good eating size fish,mostly in black drum.
They're easy enough to remove.
Drum, meh. Drum are Oompa-Loompa fish. Do not like.

Oh crap, this is the time of year the yellows and reds come in close.

Red Drum are damn good as long as they aren't huge bull reds.
Ours aren't red here. They're kinda big and tan with bootlips. The meat is not something I would seek.

Catching a drum is like catching a tire.

Well damn, upon research, it looks like them tan things ARE red drum.

Looks tan to me, that ain't no Snapper red. It's called a red drum, though. :dunno:

That's what they look like, but usually bigger. 40+ lbs. They do not fight like all that, and the meat..meh.

CIMG0228-1024x1024.jpg

No view of the bootlips. They got bootlips. And that's a small one. Much smaller than I've ever seen.
Woompa Boompa fish. I've eaten one of everything except blowfish and saltwater cats. Not eager to taste drum again.
We caught one and ate it, then every time after that, the drum go back. Much tastier things out there.

Last edited:
Jews can’t eat pigs

The need for that went away by the early 20th Century.

And besides, there were pigs all over the place in ancient Palestine, so somebody was eating them..

Blackened Redfish kicks ass!!
That's a staple here. So is smoked mullet. There's things out there people don't really serve that are good, too..like Angelfish and Yellows.
Sheephead, even. I seem to be a Flounder magnet. Flounders like my hook. Like magic.

Last edited:
That's a staple here. So is smoked mullet. There's things out there people don't really serve that are good, too..like Angelfish and Yellows.
Sheephead, even. I seem to be a Flounder magnet. Flounders like my hook. Like magic.

Back in the day sheephead were considered trash fish,these days more and more fish that used to be shunned are becoming mainstays.
No different from when lobster was considered a low class meal.
I love flounder!!! It's one of my favorites!!

That's not typical though, I've been cooking pork, fish, etc. for years, and never had any problems. Some just have parasites, and most don't. As long as it's cooked to 160 degrees F, you should be good.

I cook pork to 145.
The recommended temp is now far lower than the old 160 that was recommended in the past.
And the numbers come from the USDA.

You would think the US Porker people would all love pork.

Am surprised there is no US Oink Oink pink party .

Even the national flag looks like streaky bacon

:cool:

You would think the US Porker people would all love pork.

Am surprised there is no US Oink Oink pink party .

Even the national flag looks like streaky bacon

:cool:

By age 60, the vast majority of em are FAR too busy sitting in doctors offices or shopping for a new wheel chair or mobility scooter to be politically active.
Many of them eventually land on forums where they can be brave wheelchair warriors ;)

If one were interested in being intellectually honest about the subject matter, which is rare, the NIH has a wealth of studies on parasites in the human body. It's estimated that around 80% of the human population carries parasites of many sorts that not only enter the body fom the different foods they eat, which, btw, are not limited to meat and poultry, but through other means, including the very air we breathe.

Humans should regularly take anti-parasite supplements. Every six months to yearly.

Think about that the next time you decide to go touching screens in some self-checkout lane or punching keys on the debit card reader to pay for your tofu or whatever...

1amn45skxmu41.jpg

Walmart%2BAss%2B00002.jpg

ef90513a3af13301841e7b19f2eb5833.jpg

8f9a9368a79dd99a33c49aef9c472e16.jpg

ea07b73f32a1f221e2817ee9d949acc4--walmart-shoppers-walmart-people.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back