English IS the official language of the United States

As long as we own Puerto Rico, Spanish is also an "official" language. All their citizens are American citizens. All official government dealings can be done in Spanish or English. Ipso facto...

As long as we own Puerto Rico, Spanish is also an "official" language. .......
We don't and it's not.
Are you saying Puerto Ricans aren't Americans? Are you denying that in Puerto Rico government business can be conducted in Spanish. Sorry if 'own' is a problem. Maybe I could have used a better word or put it in quotes like I did with 'official'.

I don't get why this is such a controversy.

"The following is a list of sovereign states and non-sovereign entities where English is an official language, i.e., the language of government. In 2012, there were 60 sovereign states and 28 non-sovereign entities where English was an official language."
List of countries where English is an official language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's also the official language of international business.

How is the "official language" offensive to immigrants? I don't complain Mexico's is Spanish, Or Israel's is Hebrew. And if I wanna go and live there I'm gonna learn the local lingo, not fold my arms across my chest and insist the country in which I'm a guest conforms to accomodate me.
OMG, THE HATE! WHERES MY SAFE ZONE! SAFE ZONE, MUST GET TO SAFE ZONE!

Forum List

Back