CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

OK

So You're OK with Disney spending millions to impact legislation in their favor. But when it goes the other way you're not OK with it? To me lobbyists should be banned. They aren't. So I shrug at events such as these.

One more time.....I am not ok with the state punishing free speech by creating a bill to punish an individual company. I do not care what company it is or what that company said. We either have free speech or we do not.

OK

So You're OK with Disney spending millions to impact legislation in their favor. But when it goes the other way you're not OK with it? To me lobbyists should be banned. They aren't. So I shrug at events such as these.
But I can name thousands of lobbyists. this isn't new, right or wrong

the argument is the retaliation kicks this up to a new level. the inability to cite another instance to this point bears that out.

then what laws were passed to target a specific company?

if not the same, then not sure of relevance.
Companies not Company. To me its tomato...tomaaato.

When Cali doesn't protect businesses from looters and creates laws that don't penalize looting it is punishing companies and those companies are closing down and moving.

One more time.....I am not ok with the state punishing free speech by creating a bill to punish an individual company. I do not care what company it is or what that company said. We either have free speech or we do not.
I do not consider taking away privilege as punishment. If they said Disney you pay a tax rate of 50% vs. 25% for all other companies, then I would be on your side.

Companies not Company. To me its tomato...tomaaato.

When Cali doesn't protect businesses from looters and creates laws that don't penalize looting it is punishing companies and those companies are closing down and moving.
so you still can't name a direct action, just indirect.

again, this validates the direct action is "new".

"new" sets precedence.

But I can name thousands of lobbyists. this isn't new, right or wrong

the argument is the retaliation kicks this up to a new level. the inability to cite another instance to this point bears that out.
Why is a new level bad? This is what I do not understand in your argument? Let this be the precedent. I am more than happy with that.

Why is a new level bad? This is what I do not understand in your argument? Let this be the precedent. I am more than happy with that.
so Biden passes a law to punish truth social cause they speak badly of Biden.

still good?

so you still can't name a direct action, just indirect.

again, this validates the direct action is "new".

"new" sets precedence.
I agree it is NEW and I am glad this is setting a precedent. Tell influential companies that they have free speech but that speech can be hateful and as such voters may have issues with it.

100%

Let him. The site may then fight it out in court. But Truth Social isn't lobbying against Biden, it is a social media platform.
you allowed the tactic but you can't control how it's used.

the gov should not be punishing businesses for taking anti gov stances. you seem to say this is good.

I 100% disagree.

you are more than happy with states passing any law at all as long as the "voters" approve?

really? You sure about that?

you may not, but the state of Florida does. The people that wrote the bill do. That is really all that matters.
OK then you win the argument. Congrats. I am not sure what to tell you. I gave you my opinion and rationale. You disagreed and went all deranged stating I am defending my tribe. That is ridiculous.

you allowed the tactic but you can't control how it's used.

the gov should not be punishing businesses for taking anti gov stances. you seem to say this is good.

I 100% disagree.
I hope this is step one to elimination of lobbyists. The Govt should not be rewarding businesses either but it does all the time. The hypocrisy is mind blowing.

I hope this is step one to elimination of lobbyists. The Govt should not be rewarding businesses either but it does all the time. The hypocrisy is mind blowing.
a lobbyists pushes for favorable legislation. process open to all. the gov doesn't have to approve it.

penalizing a business for not taking a government stance sounds way to much like communism.

a lobbyists pushes for favorable legislation. process open to all. the gov doesn't have to approve it.

penalizing a business for not taking a government stance sounds way to much like communism.
lobbyists are illegal in Europe. So those with the most $$ and influence should garner favor? Come on now. Again, Disney wasn't punished, it had privileges taken away.

The federal government rewarded big corporations along with Hollywood and Disney COVID money. They also have earmarks in their “ infrastructure “ bills. For their big buddies in Big Corp. Big corporations benefit more than the rest of the country…always.

The federal government rewarded big corporations along with Hollywood and Disney COVID money. They also have earmarks in their “ infrastructure “ bills. For their big buddies in Big Corp. Big corporations benefit more than the rest of the country…always.
then remove them because they shouldn't be there.

not because they disagree with you.

Forum List

Back