CDZ Proposed Bill: Kill a parent through drunk driving, you pay child support for their kids? Sounds good to me.

They need to expand this to any crime that kills or causes physical harm to a parent to where they can't work.
They also need to make the law to be able to go after their assets. If someone kills someone drunk, they are going to be in jail for a very long time. So no income. The authorities should be able to go after all of their assets and give it to the harmed. (as long as their own children aren't harmed in the process, this is where it gets tricky.)

Already posted, but no it’s a bull s law because when you know crooked gov.
They will take this and spill onto those of you idiots who can’t think— they can and will spill it over to other things. Like you married ——- who suddenly get divorced now you gotta pay some other chicks life support meaning income and money . Save the BS of well if you don’t drink and drive it won’t happen this is true.
It’s not reality. Did your stupid laws works when MADD came along wth r u control freaks going to do next make your neighbor pay the fine because you woke up late and didn’t make it work on time so you got fired.
and blame the neighbor.
This makes sense.....I don't know what we have in place now in these accidents...since I assume some sort of Civil action already takes place after a death from drunk driving, but this would make sense....

I suppose. It just seems like one of those things that sounds good until you try to make it actually work.

I'm not against the general idea but I would have lots of questions. Some are answered some are not but I suppose that really isn't something that will be answered here.

I'm not against the general idea but I would have lots of questions. Some are answered some are not but I suppose that really isn't something that will be answered here.
One law from the Reagan/Bush era was to strip federal licenses from deadbeat parents...sounds great until you consider that would impair their ability to pay the child support they have actively avoided.

One law from the Reagan/Bush era was to strip federal licenses from deadbeat parents...sounds great until you consider that would impair their ability to pay the child support they have actively avoided.

Yes, there are a lot of questions here. Sometimes it takes time to figure it all out.

Yes, there are a lot of questions here. Sometimes it takes time to figure it all out.

Maybe instead of prison, they simply begin to garnish wages.....to make actual restitution to the victims family....

Maybe instead of prison, they simply begin to garnish wages.....to make actual restitution to the victims family....

For some rich guy that might not be much of a punishment at all.

That depends on how large the surviving family is and if the kids are going to college.

It doesn't pay while in college. Ends at 18.

This law also states it takes into consideration the kids current standard of living so if it is a young family or a poor family the guy might not be on the hook for the kind of money that would really affect him.

For some rich guy that might not be much of a punishment at all.

Yeah.......we can work out the details......rich guys pay and go to jail, the poor and middle class drunk drivers simply get their wages garnished...

Yeah.......we can work out the details......rich guys pay and go to jail, the poor and middle class drunk drivers simply get their wages garnished...

Details certainly matter but in the end, like I said, details are important but I'm OK with the general idea.

Forum List

Back