CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

Probably not.

To me politicians grant privileges and may take them away. If you don't like it, move. Disney is free to move.

Or maybe they cannot....

Or maybe they cannot....

There you go. Problem solved. LOL

Not really. The problem was not Disney, the problem was a state passing a bill specifically to punish an entity for speaking out against said state's law.
Which they cannot do and will think twice about next time. Correct?

Disney wields a big stick with 38 lobbyist so I am sure Desantis and Disney will bump heads again. But the state of Fla isn't the problem IMO. Alienating consumers is. I along with six other families we know in MA will not be making Disney trips this year. If this is true with many others this is a notable loss of revenue. Shareholders will not like that. Just my 2 cents.

Which they cannot do and will think twice about next time. Correct?

No, not really. They will just pick a target that is not as hard to crack. Nothing will rob them of their zeal to punish dissent.

Disney wields a big stick with 38 lobbyist so I am sure Desantis and Disney will bump heads again.

Is 38 a large number?

Alienating consumers is. I along with six other families we know in MA will not be making Disney trips this year. If this is true with many others this is a notable loss of revenue. Shareholders will not like that. Just my 2 cents.

We will find out over the next year or so. I think there are not as many people like you as you think there are.

No, not really. They will just pick a target that is not as hard to crack. Nothing will rob them of their zeal to punish dissent.

Is 38 a large number?

We will find out over the next year or so. I think there are not as many people like you as you think there are.
38 seems like a lot to me. Stock price is tanking. Why do you suppose that is?

is it just a guess?

They have a state passing bills trying to punish them for their dissent. That will cause a stock to go down. I think they are safe from bankruptcy for a while.
It’s down big today. 38 is a lot according to the article I read. Seems like the most of any company in Florida. Do your own research and reading and tell me what you think.

It’s down big today. 38 is a lot according to the article I read. Seems like the most of any company in Florida. Do your own research and reading and tell me what you think.
Disney like Netflix has been thinking about adding ads to their programming. Which their stock took a hit for prior to the Florida thing. They also have not been particularly profitable. And also prior to Florida the stockholders were requesting Disney stop politicking.

Disney like Netflix has been thinking about adding ads to their programming. Which their stock took a hit for prior to the Florida thing. They also have not been particularly profitable. And also prior to Florida the stockholders were requesting Disney stop politicking.
I learned a long time ago that what you see around you Should not be ignored. I can name several families that are no longer planning Disney trips. We live in a deep blue state. Imagine how red state citizens are reacting. Golfing Gator says I am basically exaggerating. We ll see who is right. My educated guess is that Gator is dead wrong. Stock is labeled as a “strong sell” and the I bankers I speak with state that Disney getting political was a major mistake and misread of the market. Gator doesn’t get that bankruptcy is not what I am discussing. I am discussing significant loss of shareholder value.

I learned a long time ago that what you see around you Should not be ignored. I can name several families that are no longer planning Disney trips. We live in a deep blue state. Imagine how red state citizens are reacting. Golfing Gator says I am basically exaggerating. We ll see who is right. My educated guess is that Gator is dead wrong. Stock is labeled as a “strong sell” and the I bankers I speak with state that Disney getting political was a major mistake and misread of the market. Gator doesn’t get that bankruptcy is not what I am discussing. I am discussing significant loss of shareholder value.
Articles from brokers I have read have been basically saying to avoid Disney stock. It has been dropping for over a year now. I believe their new earnings report comes out may 1. We will see what happens then. But Disney has been ignoring their fans and major consumers for a good 5/6 years or longer.

the ad free options will remain.

they will just give a free option ad based, like peacock and other services.

the ad free options will remain.

they will just give a free option ad based, like peacock and other services.
Plus I think their cable chanel ABC? Lost a popular TV show to a streaming service. Dancing with the Stars. Not sure if they lost others but that was listed as a negative as well.

That's off-topic. We're not discussing the law Disney was opposing. We're discussing whether they, or anyone, should be punished for opposing a law, or working to have it changed.
I find it interesting because of citizens united.

Which was a law saying corporations had the rights of a person.

I was talking to a buddy and he said that what Disney did was just free speech. And it was protected under the first amendment and the government going after them was an attack on their first amendment right as a person.

I find it interesting because of citizens united.

Which was a law saying corporations had the rights of a person.

I was talking to a buddy and he said that what Disney did was just free speech. And it was protected under the first amendment and the government going after them was an attack on their first amendment right as a person.
You are correct. The Florida retaliation against Disney's 1st amendment rights could open a huge can of worm.

Forum List

Back