CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
In 2012, the Obama administration was embroiled in a controversy over the accusation that they had instructed the IRS to target conservative political groups for special review of their tax exempt status. When the accusation became public, the Obama administration went into damage control mode, denying that it happened and trying paper over it and "move on" as best they could. Did they do it? Were they guilty of targeting political opponents for state persecution? Maybe. Probably. The point is, they knew it was wrong. Or, at the very least, they knew that voters would think it was wrong - even Democrat voters.

Do we still see it that way?

During the Trump administration, Republicans threatened to repeal section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act in response to social media companies that had been censoring right wing content. Many people, on both sides of the aisle, saw this as political retaliation, that it was Trump "punching back" at the tech companies who spoke out against him, who censored his, and others' posts. But even then, they knew that it was wrong to do so as a means of gaining political advantage, that we shouldn't allow our leaders to target political opponents for persecution. Even Republicans who supported the proposal seemed to recognize this and worked hard to rationalize the attack terms of legal principles. They claimed it was an unfair, special perk, that should have never been passed, that doing so now wasn't persecution against Facebook and Twitter, but a principled change to a flawed law. That they were fighting for freedom of speech, and not just getting revenge on political enemies.

Now we have Desantis and the Florida legislature. They seem ready to throw off the pretense altogether. They've been quite open that they are revoking laws perceived to be benefitting Disney as punishment for opposing a recently passed law. Regardless of the rationale offer for revoking the law, the intent was clear. It was Disney's stated intent to fight the law that prompted the legislative action.

Desantis said:
“I’m just not comfortable having that type of agenda get special treatment in my state,”

“For Disney to come out and put a statement and say that the bill should have never passed and that they are going to actively work to repeal it, I think, one, was fundamentally dishonest but, two, I think that crossed the line,”

My question is - are we ready to endorse that kind of government? Should we allow government, local, state, federal or whatever, to punish political opposition with legal action? Is it ok for our leaders to "punch back" via the power of the state?

Reminder - this is CDZ. Trolls will be reported.

The left is pushing a Religion..........Cult..........to teach VERY YOUNG children about sex and gender Cult Garbage. As a RESULT.............The Gov't of Florida Passed a Law to end it.

They were then attacked by the left and CORPORATIONS who said they had no right to do so.............Threatened legal action while taking money from the tax payers and the State via a 57 year old Tax cut program for jobs.

The people of the state via the LAW revoked this right to have to HELP PAY for an issue that is MORALLY WRONG. Most of the other businesses have no such FAVORED TAX POLICY............So they went into emergency session and said you WILL NOT DICTATE OUR POLICY IN SCHOOLS BECAUSE YOU ARE BIG BAD DISNEY.

They PASSED A LAW............that Removed TAX BREAKS........and now Disney had to pay like everyone else......Oh well. The PEOPLE VIA A 2/3RDS vote said NO to Disney getting PREFERRED TREATMENT in this state.

The state is under NO OBLIGATION to maintain the 57 year old easy street policy as they force the state to spend money to fight against Disney in the courts.

Again, the question for discussion is: are we ready to endorse retaliatory government? Should we allow government, local, state, federal or whatever, to punish political opposition with legal action? Is it ok for our leaders to "punch back" via the power of the state?

th

Forcing indoctrination in schools is a RELIGION..........A Cult. Is HAS NO PLACE IN SCHOOL.

It is for the parents to teach morality to the children............not a Teacher who tries to teach different genders to 5 year olds.

If the op CARED ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION..........she would consider going after those who are abusing children..........and support the Gov't of Florida to ENACT LAWS to safe guard their children............Florida has done so and now they have a placed another law that basically gives money to Disney by not paying taxes to the state and locals..........To pay to defend against Disney attacking the laws of the State.

The PEOPLE OF FLORIDA HAVE SPOKEN..........You will not be allowed to Brain Wash our their children with WOKE RELIGION.

The Op does support LAWS UNDER A REPUBLIC..................Can the Op point to WHO DECIDES TAXATION ISSUES..........It isn't Disney.

Again, the question for discussion is: are we ready to endorse retaliatory government? Should we allow government, local, state, federal or whatever, to punish political opposition with legal action? Is it ok for our leaders to "punch back" via the power of the state?
Attack children and try to sue the state for passing a law to protect the children..........then expect other tax payers to pay for a lawsuit against themselves......Not a chance........that is why Florida just hit them with the bill by removing the status.

Florida is against the grooming nonsense........Disney is pushing it...........the TAX BREAKS ARE GONE by the LAW..........Not to mention I consider the grooming to be a Religion and should be sent to SCOTUS as a violation of the Constitution for forcing a religion on children.

Liberals have taught us well.

There is nothing out of bounds anymore. Anything that can save America from the degenerates is on the table.

Problem is it'll be tough to take it off the table when the job is won.

But remember who made it necessary and weep not for them

th

Forcing indoctrination in schools is a RELIGION..........A Cult. Is HAS NO PLACE IN SCHOOL.

It is for the parents to teach morality to the children............not a Teacher who tries to teach different genders to 5 year olds.

If the op CARED ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION..........she would consider going after those who are abusing children..........and support the Gov't of Florida to ENACT LAWS to safe guard their children............Florida has done so and now they have a placed another law that basically gives money to Disney by not paying taxes to the state and locals..........To pay to defend against Disney attacking the laws of the State.

The PEOPLE OF FLORIDA HAVE SPOKEN..........You will not be allowed to Brain Wash our their children with WOKE RELIGION.

The Op does support LAWS UNDER A REPUBLIC..................Can the Op point to WHO DECIDES TAXATION ISSUES..........It isn't Disney.
The issue under discussion is whether retaliatory government is something we should allow. Regardless of your opinion of the Florida/Disney situation. Should a sitting government be allowed to punish businesses or individuals for opposing them? Please try to answer the question and avoid trolling.

Liberals have taught us well.

There is nothing out of bounds anymore. Anything that can save America from the degenerates is on the table.

Problem is it'll be tough to take it off the table when the job is won.

But remember who made it necessary and weep not for them
I only weep for the nation.

th

That's off-topic. We're not discussing the law Disney was opposing. We're discussing whether they, or anyone, should be punished for opposing a law, or working to have it changed.

I think that Americans have pushed the envelope on legal action to far now to bring back equilibrium.
I'm sorry that I can't offer a possible solution instead of criticism of the American way.

A complete takeover by Trump and the GOP holding loyal to his agenda is in my opinion necessary to cause a reset. That is, in it's destructive effect.

This is a good a place as we have for a rational discussion, so best wishes.

The issue under discussion is whether retaliatory government is something we should allow. Regardless of your opinion of the Florida/Disney situation. Should a sitting government be allowed to punish businesses or individual for opposing them? Please try to answer the question and avoid trolling.
They removed the taxation as they attacked the Florida Law.........Why should Florida have to help fund a lawsuit against themselves..........If someone is suing you would you pay for them to sue you...............lol

No you wouldn't.............This entire situation is for the protection of Florida Children.........Disney is attacking them............Do you expect them to hug Disney and pay for the lawsuits to try and overturn a JUST LAW..............2/3rds of the State approved this message.........same with the Special Session..........

The people have spoken.....You call it Retailiation...........I call it justice for the children. It is NOT THE SAME as the IRS attacks......or the attack Face Plant issue....I was against Trump on the Face Plant issue because it would have only hurt small social medias like this one.

Your calling this trolling when I'm spot on with the situation under which you want answers that agree with you. Not gonna happen.

That's off-topic. We're not discussing the law Disney was opposing. We're discussing whether they, or anyone, should be punished for opposing a law, or working to have it changed.
How so...........Supreme Court ruling in regards to this topic are not off topic.

Show me how you justify legally the State not being allowed to pull money from someone suing them.?

I think that Americans have pushed the envelope on legal action to far now to bring back equilibrium.
I'm sorry that I can't offer a possible solution instead of criticism of the American way.

A complete takeover by Trump and the GOP holding loyal to his agenda is in my opinion necessary to cause a reset. That is, in it's destructive effect.

This is a good a place as we have for a rational discussion, so best wishes.
I'm glad you dropped in. Because, from what I'm seeing we're headed in the direction of China, where such political retaliation is par for the course. The number one rule there is "don't piss off the CCP". Because it's well understood that if you do, you will face retaliation from the Party, via the state. If the Court doesn't protect us from this practice, I fear it is where we're headed.

Last edited:
FF-1a-14.jpg

Prove to me that trying to force children at a very young age that their are 72 genders is NOT A RELIGION

Can Disney or the OP point me out to the Constitution that allows them to teach a belief system that is basically a Religion? The people of Florida have a right to defend against these ACTS......................and have done so.

Disney shouldn't have attacked them over it..........

Disney shouldn't have attacked them over it..........
But should they be subject to punitive measures for doing so - that's the question. They haven't been convicted, or even accused, of a crime. Are we ok with punishing people for merely opposing a law?

I'm glad you dropped in. Because, from what I'm seeing we're headed in the direction of China, where such political retaliation is par for the course.
My remarks were on the abuse of the system that has promoted friviolous law suits. I don't know of or acknowledge that being the case in China.
The number one rule there is "don't piss off the CCP". Because it's well understood that if you do, you will face retaliation from the Party. If the Court doesn't protect us from this practice, I fear it is where we're headed.
I think the CCP in China has built enough credibility to be able to stand criticism from a small disgruntled minority. Small as in even a few million that would represent 0.01 % of the population. The CCP could fail eventually but they have wings for the foreseeable future at least. That's a fact that the world has had to come to accept.

Have you led this thread off topic?
You seem to want to take it to China instead of addressing America?

But should they be subject to punitive measures for doing so - that's the question. They haven't been convicted, or even accused, of a crime. Are we ok with punishing people for merely opposing a law?
They are costing the State and taxpayers money to defend against their legal actions. The people of that state have every right to take away tax breaks that could be used to sue them and cost them money.

No one is going to standby and pay for someone suing you........unless you are married into a divorce and a court order.

Woke Agenda is a Religion................YES OR NO.

My remarks were on the abuse of the system that has promoted friviolous law suits. I don't know of or acknowledge that being the case in China.

I think the CCP in China has built enough credibility to be able to stand criticism from a small disgruntled minority. Small as in even a few million that would represent 0.01 % of the population. The CCP could fail eventually but they have wings for the foreseeable future at least. That's a fact that the world has had to come to accept.

Have you led this thread off topic?
You seem to want to take it to China instead of addressing America?
I'm citing China as an example of a government that routinely persecutes political opposition. If we don't put a stop to the practice here, I suspect we'll end up like China.

I'm citing China as an example of a government that routinely persecutes political opposition. If we don't put a stop to the practice here, I suspect we'll end up like China.
Since when doe XI have to ask the Senate and Congress of his state to give him a law...........In China it's XI proclaims it and it is done. China is NO REPUBLIC.

Forum List

Back