End of times?

Internal strife, wars, wild weather, ebola and now weird ticks spreading new diseases.

New Tick-Borne Bourbon Virus Is Deadly And Unlike Anything Previously Seen In U.S.

Are we at the end of times, according to the bible in Revelations?

Discuss.
Well considering The Apocalypse (The Revelation) was discussing political oppression and the impending fall of Rome...I think we are all safe

If you re referring to Revelation 18 that is America - Blue Phantom - not Rome. America is going to fall. Is it impending? Looks like it to me. Is it the end of the world? Not at all. There will be wars and rumors of wars, there will be earthquakes, famine, pestilence, many things are yet to happen and even then it will not yet be the end. Still I believe there is plenty of evidence to indicate that we are living in the end times.

You know why I rarely come to this site anymore? I will tell you why. It's because the entire exercise is fruitless. After arguing for weeks about The Revelation and providing concrete evidence, archaeological evidence, linguistic evidence, cultural evidence to the point where FINALLY everyone (or at least most people) says "ok Phantom...gotcha. We now know what is being referred to in Revelation 17 and 18 regarding the Great Whore of Babylon" and suddenly some jack-wagon comes along and says "oh no Revelation 18 is about America" and I have to start completely over.

Search "On the Apocalypse". Read and learn.

I hate reading about dumb shit know it all about what they believe about the end of times and that includes the book of revelation, because nobody knows when it will happen or if we are close. What us Christians do know is that everyday we are supposed to be in the word, think about god, and be good disciples of Christ by being a walking example of Christ the best we can with love.

All you idiots in this thread need to wake the fuck up to this and stop this thread.

I hate reading about dumb shit know it all about what they believe about the end of times and that includes the book of revelation, because nobody knows when it will happen or if we are close. What us Christians do know is that everyday we are supposed to be in the word, think about god, and be good disciples of Christ by being a walking example of Christ the best we can with love.

All you idiots in this thread need to wake the fuck up to this and stop this thread.

Well I am about to crash out. I am beyond the point of expending much energy into this anymore. But I will say that I tend to agree with you. No one knows. What Daniel, The Apocalypse, Jesus (Matthew 24:34), Joseph Smith, William Miller, Hal Lindsay, the Apostle Paul, the Watchtower, and every single person who has predicted the end of the world since the beginning of time all have in common is that every single one of them has been 100%, completely, totally, ridiculously, and unfathomably wrong. In fact none of them have even come close.

You are absolutely correct about living in the Word, being good stewards, etc. The "beware, beware the end is near" stuff has about as much credibility Obama on government transparency and the only people who buy into it are fanaticals and there is no talking sense to them anyhow.

That being said how many people of any religion truly "walk in the Word"? I count myself blessed to have met two (myself not included) who truly accept without judgement, and who "hate the sin and not the sinner"? I paraphrase Ghandi when he said "I love Jesus, He is fantastic. I wish Christians would listen to Him". You have to admit, Christianity, from its conception to the modern age, has not exactly been the bastion of "let me be the example"

Well I am about to crash out. I am beyond the point of expending much energy into this anymore. But I will say that I tend to agree with you. No one knows. What Daniel, The Apocalypse, Jesus (Matthew 24:34), Joseph Smith, William Miller, Hal Lindsay, the Apostle Paul, the Watchtower, and every single person who has predicted the end of the world since the beginning of time all have in common is that every single one of them has been 100%, completely, totally, ridiculously, and unfathomably wrong. In fact none of them have even come close.

You are absolutely correct about living in the Word, being good stewards, etc. The "beware, beware the end is near" stuff has about as much credibility Obama on government transparency and the only people who buy into it are fanaticals and there is no talking sense to them anyhow.

That being said how many people of any religion truly "walk in the Word"? I count myself blessed to have met two (myself not included) who truly accept without judgement, and who "hate the sin and not the sinner"? I paraphrase Ghandi when he said "I love Jesus, He is fantastic. I wish Christians would listen to Him". You have to admit, Christianity, from its conception to the modern age, has not exactly been the bastion of "let me be the example"

I agree with you completely. I've been a Christian for 19 years I'm happy to say and I learned long ago that there is 1 judge that matters and that is God. Referenced in the bible many times for a reason. not many Christians read the bible and that is problem that leads to others.

Christ is the untimate example of how a person should strive to be. Knowing that why waste your time trying to be like someone else? Nothing will make you happier and satisfied like Christ will. The key thing that makes this end of times predicting crap is it makes what i call the bible thumpers who are desperate because they think the end of times is near or they know when it will be preach the gospel out of fear. Not LOVE. If I was going to tell a Christian or a non believer anything it will be showing them Christs love for everybody even people that man would say is unredeemable or lost. No ones ever lost. Christ saved the man who cried out for forgiveness who was dying on the cross right next to him. Guess what happened to the other guy who denied him? Christ was the perfect example to the very end of his life and even after death.

This "Word" dude has serious mental issues or is just playing out some stupid joke character on the internets. It must be a kid. I know who my parents were and they are both dead. This one's parents must still be drawing breath or it wouldn't be making lame statements about "his children".

It's statements are not any crazier than much of the wordage in the Bibles.

Word to "Word". You really need to take up a more entertaining shtick. The path you are on will lead to "ignore" from many that find this pretense boring and annoying without the benefit of a good belly laugh.

Psalm 41
5: My enemies say of me in malice: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
6: And when one comes to see me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers mischief; when he goes out, he tells it abroad.
7: All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

My ignorant children will die without knowing Me.
`

not sure you have to worry about children. I don't think this kind of rhetoric is going to get the ladies interested.

Am I here to Impress the ladies or to share the future with my chosen one's?

if you intend to have children you need to impress at least one.

Faith is one of the easiest senses to take advantage of.

What I find astonishing is that nowadays with so much interaction amongst the religions that those of faith haven't noticed that those of EVERY religion believe they know the truth. They have faith they are not being decieved.

Hells Bells! I know people that have faith in what they witnessed in those Las Vegas magic shows is real.

I can sort of understand that when people were far less educated it was easy to take a rumor or someone's word that something extraordinary was done or seen or heard.

But now that we have a more realistic idea of what human beings are capable of even the story of going up on a mountain peak and getting stone tablets directly from god is rediculous beyond the pale.

I get it..the Jews needed a good kick in the pants because they were in the very real danger of extinction. So Moses had an epiphany.. "what if I sneak some tablets with me and go up on that yonder tall hill and bring em back with a straight face... " Ya...Ya...Ya... People were vulnerable and the story sounded good. They were at their wits end.

I believe that Jesus took a page outta Moses playbook realising that the Jews had become scoundrels and had just turned the "god story" into a way to get rich. What he learned was that the ends justifies he means. I mean who was he hurting? The people of the day DID need a better path towards becoming better human beings.

He didn't have to go very far to find people that had been abused. He didn't have to look very hard for the sick, the poor that had no options. What did they have to lose?

Face it..back then life was a stinking flaming sack of dog poop.

So NOW with everything we have learned and the super soft lives we live ..even our homeless have it WAY better than the average Joe of Jesus's day. Nobody gets lanced whenever a soldier feels like it.. etc..

So NOW we are spozed to believe that living sucks so bad that we are near the end?

Just HOW stupid are you folks? I can almost buy why ya'll believe in heaven and all that hogwash.. It is because you are weak ass pussies that cannot face your last beath with any personal dignity. You whiners WANT to believe that daddy god and Jesus are going to give you some fantastic extension ...not for a few years BUT for friggin eternity...That's right ..ETERNITY... just for mumbling a few words???? Perfect!!!

WOW! Just WOW!

It's a good thing I don't care what you think of me... I still can't get over what little you think of yourselves.

what do you know of dignity?

try reading the scriptures sometime. You might be surprises what you learn

I used to read fiction. Then I had an interesting life.

Now I focus on learning technical information that I can incorporate into my skillset.

I don't have enough time left to waste re-reading religious fiction.

I've been learning how to make stuff out of steel recently..purchased a couple of welders..made alliances with machine shops and metal suppliers.

The idea of constructing my own sawmill and buying some land with trees and a stream on it fascinates me. A well thought out comfortable mountain cabin and on site machine shop and big garage to assemble big stuff..hydro power generation..room for an airstrip.. Big toys I built for myself.. Mobile welding and repair for extra cash ..throw in some manufacturing.. with a rock bottom overhead. I am currently in the proccess of converting my VW bus into a mobile welding and repair vehicle. Already own a couple of top quality 7,000 watt generators. There is still good land up here in the NW for 5-8 thousand an acre within 20 minutes to civilization.

These are my interests now. Your bible would just be a serious waste of my time. I can already do a lot of things your Jesus couldn't even dream of.

can you build a planet? Till you can I highly doubt you can back your claim up.

Our Creator can make His people believe in any illusions He forms for them to observe.

Why would our creator bother to create illusions to deceive people?

Excellent question, but I can one up you - Why would anybody believe anything from a poster that has the balls, ego, and pride to call himself, "the word?"

He doesn't just call himself the word. He thinks He is God

Gossip leads to more gossip. Isn't gossip a sin according to Christians?

how is this at all relevant to the conversation?

I agree with you completely. I've been a Christian for 19 years I'm happy to say and I learned long ago that there is 1 judge that matters and that is God. Referenced in the bible many times for a reason. not many Christians read the bible and that is problem that leads to others.

Christ is the untimate example of how a person should strive to be. Knowing that why waste your time trying to be like someone else? Nothing will make you happier and satisfied like Christ will. The key thing that makes this end of times predicting crap is it makes what i call the bible thumpers who are desperate because they think the end of times is near or they know when it will be preach the gospel out of fear. Not LOVE. If I was going to tell a Christian or a non believer anything it will be showing them Christs love for everybody even people that man would say is unredeemable or lost. No ones ever lost. Christ saved the man who cried out for forgiveness who was dying on the cross right next to him. Guess what happened to the other guy who denied him? Christ was the perfect example to the very end of his life and even after death.

You don't have to guess; if he died w/o Jesus he is lost and going to hell.

Hal Lindsay hasn't made a prediction, as far as I know?

the age of grace will be done soon, very soon- all the signs are there; nothing else needs to happen before the pretrib rapture. The reason it is so important to get the word out is because once Believer's are raptured; that is it- no second chance to be saved for those that have heard His Word and denied it/Him.

The devil's biggest lie is you can choose Christ tom. TODAY is the day of salvation.

Joseph smith never predicted when the second coming would be. The most he has said on the subject of when is D&C 130 where he says he specifically asked the Lord when it would be and the Lord told him to stop asking along with a cryptic answer he admitted he didn't understand. The most you can extrapolate from the passage is that the Lord would not return before 1891. And the Lord didn't return before then like he supposed.

Joseph smith never predicted when the second coming would be. The most he has said on the subject of when is D&C 130 where he says he specifically asked the Lord when it would be and the Lord told him to stop asking along with a cryptic answer he admitted he didn't understand. The most you can extrapolate from the passage is that the Lord would not return before 1891. And the Lord didn't return before then like he supposed.

Joseph Smith s False Prophecies Founder of Mormonism a False Prophet Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

What I find astonishing is that nowadays with so much interaction amongst the religions that those of faith haven't noticed that those of EVERY religion believe they know the truth. They have faith they are not being decieved.

Hells Bells! I know people that have faith in what they witnessed in those Las Vegas magic shows is real.

I can sort of understand that when people were far less educated it was easy to take a rumor or someone's word that something extraordinary was done or seen or heard.

But now that we have a more realistic idea of what human beings are capable of even the story of going up on a mountain peak and getting stone tablets directly from god is rediculous beyond the pale.

I get it..the Jews needed a good kick in the pants because they were in the very real danger of extinction. So Moses had an epiphany.. "what if I sneak some tablets with me and go up on that yonder tall hill and bring em back with a straight face... " Ya...Ya...Ya... People were vulnerable and the story sounded good. They were at their wits end.

I believe that Jesus took a page outta Moses playbook realising that the Jews had become scoundrels and had just turned the "god story" into a way to get rich. What he learned was that the ends justifies he means. I mean who was he hurting? The people of the day DID need a better path towards becoming better human beings.

He didn't have to go very far to find people that had been abused. He didn't have to look very hard for the sick, the poor that had no options. What did they have to lose?

So NOW with everything we have learned and the super soft lives we live ..even our homeless have it WAY better than the average Joe of Jesus's day. Nobody gets lanced whenever a soldier feels like it.. etc..

So NOW we are spozed to believe that living sucks so bad that we are near the end?

Just HOW stupid are you folks? I can almost buy why ya'll believe in heaven and all that hogwash.. It is because you are weak ass pussies that cannot face your last beath with any personal dignity. You whiners WANT to believe that daddy god and Jesus are going to give you some fantastic extension ...not for a few years BUT for friggin eternity...That's right ..ETERNITY... just for mumbling a few words???? Perfect!!!

WOW! Just WOW!

It's a good thing I don't care what you think of me... I still can't get over what little you think of yourselves.

Now I focus on learning technical information that I can incorporate into my skillset.

I've been learning how to make stuff out of steel recently..purchased a couple of welders..made alliances with machine shops and metal suppliers.

The idea of constructing my own sawmill and buying some land with trees and a stream on it fascinates me. A well thought out comfortable mountain cabin and on site machine shop and big garage to assemble big stuff..hydro power generation..room for an airstrip.. Big toys I built for myself.. Mobile welding and repair for extra cash ..throw in some manufacturing.. with a rock bottom overhead. I am currently in the proccess of converting my VW bus into a mobile welding and repair vehicle. Already own a couple of top quality 7,000 watt generators. There is still good land up here in the NW for 5-8 thousand an acre within 20 minutes to civilization.

These are my interests now. Your bible would just be a serious waste of my time. I can already do a lot of things your Jesus couldn't even dream of.

No person can build a planet..including your Jesus. No imaginary sky fairy can build a planet either. You grossly overestimate the capabilities of your wishful interpretation of some old wives tales that made it onto some old scrolls and were cherry picked by a Roman commission for your religion's guidance over 2 ,000 years ago. I am under no obligation to honor your fairy tales. If WE have any hope of a responsible dialogue you need to converse in language representing what is possible by today's standards and not expect I will cosign your delusion.

I don't argue with crazy people.

WOW! Just WOW!

No person can build a planet..including your Jesus. No imaginary sky fairy can build a planet either. You grossly overestimate the capabilities of your wishful interpretation of some old wives tales that made it onto some old scrolls and were cherry picked by a Roman commission for your religion's guidance over 2 ,000 years ago. I am under no obligation to honor your fairy tales. If WE have any hope of a responsible dialogue you need to converse in language representing what is possible by today's standards and not expect I will cosign your delusion.

God didn't build a planet. He spoke it into existence. Jesus Christ is the Word of God that became flesh and dwelt among men. Read the first chapter of the Gospel of John.

God's ways are higher than your ways, Huggy. How can you believe when you reject the One in whom you must believe first?

Here. This is for you, Huggy:

1 Corinthians 1 19 For it is written I will destroy the wisdom of the wise the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.

WOW! Just WOW!

God didn't build a planet. He spoke it into existence. Jesus Christ is the Word of God that became flesh and dwelt among men. Read the first chapter of the Gospel of John.

God's ways are higher than your ways, Huggy. How can you believe when you reject the One in whom you must believe first?

1 Corinthians 1 19 For it is written I will destroy the wisdom of the wise the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.

Put a sock in it Sparky. I don't share your fascination for 2000 year old fairy tales. I live in the here and now. I wouldn't be sitting here at the puter if it wasn't friggin freezing cold outside and down on the first floor of the motel. In here it's comfy and cozy. I'm having a hard time getting worked up enough to risk my old bones on going down and working on replacing the swiss cheese floor pan of my 69 VW bus. I really need to make the driving area waterproof as I have further plans to use the vehicle in all kinds of weather. But like I said it's very cold outside. Hard to get motivated. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing this. BUT given the choice between frostbite and re-reading that old bullshit I would gladly loose my fingertips to the elements.

You people don't get it do you. Nobody with half a brain wants to muse over the nonsense you people are brainwashed into believing.

Last edited:

Put a sock in it Sparky. I don't share your fascination for 2000 year old fairy tales. I live in the here and now. I wouldn't be sitting here at the puter if it wasn't friggin freezing cold outside and down on the first floor of the motel. I here it's comfy and cozy. I'm having a hard time getting worked up enough to risk my old bones on going down and working on replacing the swiss cheese floor pan of my 69 VW bus. I really need to make the driving area waterproof as I have further plans to use the vehicle in all kinds of weather. But like I said it's very cold outside. Hard to get motivated. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing this. BUT given the choice between frostbite and re-reading that old bullshit I would gladly loose my fingertips to the elements.

You people don't get it do you. Nobody with half a brain wants to muse over the nonsense you people are brainwashed into believing.

Here... I have something for YOU...

"Get A Life!"

Forum List

Back