Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt and offering free public college

every modern country ever has had progressive tax systems until the United States today, where the rich pay the same percentage wise as the middle class and not much more than the working class if you count all Texas. Google the only tax graph you need to know. Of course they have to cut services for regular people so now we have the worst inequality and upward Mobility ever. Great job scumbag GOP and silly dupes like you...

Stop lying. We pay higher percentage in Fed, State, and Local Income taxes the more we make. That's why you have to look up your tax rate by BRACKET. Typical dishonest Lib.
Google the only tax graph you need to know, dumbass doup. Count all taxes and we do not have a progressive system.

Dumbass doup? Wow, now I know you are obviously losing the argument, and have nothing credible because you have to resort to personal attacks. Our Income tax system is certainly progressive. Some other taxes like Gasoline taxes (Fed and State) are regressive, but you Far Left Democrats pushed for those too.
Sorry I should have said brainwashed functional dumbass dupe. Dupe is not a personal attack, it is a political attack the way I see it anyway.the duing of GOP voters by the GOP propaganda machine is the most important story of the last 30 years. I don't blame the dupes, it is a brilliant operation.

Don't back pedal. You have nothing but personal attacks and insults. Nothing credible.
Breaking for brainwashed functional morons like you.... Hillary is honest ditto Obama Lerner holder- all phony scandals investigated and nothing found but GOP propaganda, if you count all taxes we have a flat tax system everyone paying between 20 and 30%- Google the only tax graph you need to know for proof.

Pocahontas "backs executive actions to —Force background checks on private sellers of >5 guns per yr —Ban guns for people convicted of domestic violence —Ban guns for people with outstanding arrest warrants —Crack down on lawbreaking makers/dealers"
So do 80-90 % of the country...

But nothing about banning firearms to Illegal Aliens? No call for a wall to be built at the border so illegals can be given body cavity searches for weapons and other contraband when they cross either from Pocahontas.

every modern country ever has had progressive tax systems until the United States today, where the rich pay the same percentage wise as the middle class and not much more than the working class if you count all Texas. Google the only tax graph you need to know. Of course they have to cut services for regular people so now we have the worst inequality and upward Mobility ever. Great job scumbag GOP and silly dupes like you...

Stop lying. We pay higher percentage in Fed, State, and Local Income taxes the more we make. That's why you have to look up your tax rate by BRACKET. Typical dishonest Lib.
Google the only tax graph you need to know, dumbass doup. Count all taxes and we do not have a progressive system.

Dumbass doup? Wow, now I know you are obviously losing the argument, and have nothing credible because you have to resort to personal attacks. Our Income tax system is certainly progressive. Some other taxes like Gasoline taxes (Fed and State) are regressive, but you Far Left Democrats pushed for those too.
Sorry I should have said brainwashed functional dumbass dupe. Dupe is not a personal attack, it is a political attack the way I see it anyway.the duing of GOP voters by the GOP propaganda machine is the most important story of the last 30 years. I don't blame the dupes, it is a brilliant operation.

Don't back pedal. You have nothing but personal attacks and insults. Nothing credible.
Google it and stop being a dupe. the nonrich pay about twice as much percentage wise in state and local taxes as the rich, and payroll taxes now add up to more than federal income taxes and the non-rich obviously pay much more of that. GOP voters are so brainwashed they can't talk about anything but income taxes LOL.

I cannot for the life of me get forgiving these loans. These kids took out these loan and were not forced. Why are their loans forgiven and not the hard working small business man? Why not the all those that are underwater in their property loans?

Sorry this makes no sense and people in Congress that would vote yes for a bill will commit political suicide.

It is not what she proposes or Sanders or all the other fools, but it is about what she/they do not say.

Student debt won't be eliminated for the future. Who is going to buy the books and pay for the room
and board? Are they going to place a hard cap on colleges for those costs? They certainly haven't
for tuition.

And the Colleges and Universities that revel in beng critical of capitalism have certainly flourished in
it.. Since Obama (Govt) took over 99% of the student loan business (guaranteeing everybody a
loan that doesn't have to begin to be paid back until after graduation) College tuition at Public Universities
has tripled.

That the young believe this nonsense makes me question public education K-12...let alone, above that level.

Why though when we could borrow another trillion for bombing brown people instead? That's what real nationalism is about, right?

Anyway, sarcasm aside, this will be Donald's 2020 competitor. You better take her seriously. Calling her Pocahontas won't be good enough.

Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt and offering free public college

The proposal would cancel up to $50,000 in debt for people with annual household income under $100,000. Beyond that income threshold, smaller amounts of debt would be canceled, but no one with more than $250,000 in household income would be eligible.

To keep students from accumulating more debt in the future, Warren also proposes making two- and four-year public colleges tuition free, according to a plan unveiled in advance of a Monday evening CNN town hall focused on issues of interest to young voters.

With a price tag of $1.25 trillion over 10 years, Warren’s higher-education initiatives up the ante on an issue that most 2020 Democratic presidential candidates have been trying to address in more modest ways.

Thanks for posting this. Here is my questions (I couldn’t find it on her website—maybe you have some better information).

As I understand it, the program Senator Warren proposed will pay for four years at a public university.

First…does this mean that someone from Arizona could go to UCLA tuition free? I assume not but can you confirm it doesn’t?

Secondly, if you’re in Louisiana, does it mean you have to go to the closest college or university or can everyone in Louisiana enroll at LSU?

Is it a program or a stipend? For example, if someone wanted to take a course and become an LVN (a one year course) is that all they get--a program model or is it a stipend and “room” left on the allocation of funding for that individual to where they could take a 2 year LVN course after they see how much being an LVN sucks. LOL

Simple minds think alike.
Now you're on to deflection and can't bring up an argument. typical

I'm not deflecting. I'm waiting for an intelligent comment.
You get what you give

Incorrect.

Absolutely correct.

If you want an intelligent discussion then start with an intelligent premise.

Stupid snarky comments get you just that in return

The funding mechanism is as follows: Its a tax on families making $50M or more per year. The tax will be 2%

I cannot for the life of me get forgiving these loans. These kids took out these loan and were not forced. Why are their loans forgiven and not the hard working small business man? Why not the all those that are underwater in their property loans?

Sorry this makes no sense and people in Congress that would vote yes for a bill will commit political suicide.
Before Reagan, most public universities were basically free and loans were cheap.... Talk about lack of competition...

Google it and stop being a dupe. the nonrich pay about twice as much percentage wise in state and local taxes as the rich, and payroll taxes now add up to more than federal income taxes and the non-rich obviously pay much more of that. GOP voters are so brainwashed they can't talk about anything but income taxes LOL.

I don't need to Google it, I do it for my job and understand the concept of Total Tax Burden. The reality is that our Income Tax systems are Progressive. There are other taxes like gasoline taxes, property and real estate taxes, sales tax and other that are regressive. However, most people's largest component by amount and percentage is their INCOME TAXES. Many people don't pay them as they don't make enough.

If you are talking about Capital Gains, that is an entire discussion in itself, and one of the reason people invest and CREATE JOBS for the lower income earners.

I don't need to Google it, I do it for my job and understand the concept of Total Tax Burden. The reality is that our Income Tax systems are Progressive. There are other taxes like gasoline taxes, property and real estate taxes, sales tax and other that are regressive. However, most people's largest component by amount and percentage is their INCOME TAXES. Many people don't pay them as they don't make enough.

If you are talking about Capital Gains, that is an entire discussion in itself, and one of the reason people invest and CREATE JOBS for the lower income earners.
If you count all taxes and fees we have a flat tax system which has wrecked the middle class and our infrastructure and opportunity. Thanks GOP and silly dupes.we now have the worst inequality and upward mobility in our history. Keep babbling.

Why though when we could borrow another trillion for bombing brown people instead? That's what real nationalism is about, right?

No, it isn’t. It’s flat out irresponsible to pile on that kind of debt on top of the 22 trillion this country already owes. It’s mortgaging our future even more to win votes from idiots like you today.
no, thats dumb, and it's a better reason for debt than much if the budget. And every penny would go right back into the economy.

Now you're on to deflection and can't bring up an argument. typical

You get what you give

Incorrect.

Absolutely correct.

The funding mechanism is as follows: Its a tax on families making $50M or more per year. The tax will be 2%

And that won't be enough to give every single person a "free" college education or to replace the lost revenue of those now holding government backed loans

You get what you give

Incorrect.

Absolutely correct.

And that won't be enough to give every single person a "free" college education or to replace the lost revenue of those now holding government backed loans

Anyone who receives a “free” education will pay for it in taxes over their lifetime. They’ll then fund the educations of others. Win win.

You get what you give

Incorrect.

Absolutely correct.

Anyone who receives a “free” education will pay for it in taxes over their lifetime. They’ll then fund the educations of others. Win win.

No such thing as win win.

And that sounds an awful lot like the Social Security scam doesn't it?

Anyway, sarcasm aside, this will be Donald's 2020 competitor. You better take her seriously. Calling her Pocahontas won't be good enough.

You know what, I just spent the last five years or so working two jobs and for a while three jobs paying down debts I ran up due to medical bills and the last recession. I got through college by joining the Army and getting a scholarship.

If Warren wants to run on, "You should pay more taxes for someone else's bad decisions", have at it, I guess. Just get used to four more years of Trump.

The proposal would cancel up to $50,000 in debt for people with annual household income under $100,000. Beyond that income threshold, smaller amounts of debt would be canceled, but no one with more than $250,000 in household income would be eligible.

To keep students from accumulating more debt in the future, Warren also proposes making two- and four-year public colleges tuition free, according to a plan unveiled in advance of a Monday evening CNN town hall focused on issues of interest to young voters.

With a price tag of $1.25 trillion over 10 years, Warren’s higher-education initiatives up the ante on an issue that most 2020 Democratic presidential candidates have been trying to address in more modest ways.

Seriously, she has got a lot of nerve calling for college loan forgiveness when she was one of the culprits. When she wasn’t checking the box for her 1/1,024th Cherokee Indian heritage, she was charging $300-$400 /hour to teach one class. Trump donates his $400k per year salary as President.

Elizabeth Warren does identify a serious problem that has serious implications for a consumer driven society. The Republicans are partially responsible for it. Republican governors have cut taxpayer dollars to state funded institutions. Republicans in Congress have moved towards loans and away from grants. They cannot ignore the problem.

Also many student loans carry a 7% interest rate. That is almost usurious in today's dirt cheap interest rates. Also many people who are paying loans were steered into programs which delayed payments but did allowed interest to build and were not told about income based plans. Instead of the government holding these companies accountable, they would allow them to continue. Crooked Republicans who favor big business over the ordinary person.

The best thing to do may be income based payments with loan forgiveness after 20 years.
If you can stall paying off your contractual loans for 20 years, you're good. You are right about people being steered to the most disadvantageous loan programs...granted and administered by government.
Oh, yeah, crooked Repubs are matched by crooked Dems, every day, all day long. Eliza is one of the worst lying politicrats out there. She gamed the system and cheated to get her degree and to get a cherry job.

You get what you give

Incorrect.

Absolutely correct.

Correct. However the argument that you’re being taxed is likely false. I prefer a more measured approach.

You get what you give

Incorrect.

Absolutely correct.

Blanket statement; false.

Incorrect.

Absolutely correct.

No such thing as win win.

And that sounds an awful lot like the Social Security scam doesn't it?

Also false.

Forum List

Back