Elite Psychology

Personally, I've lost somewhere between $100k and $200k from my 401k thanks to a series of bubble bursts over the last couple of decades.

That's crap and you know it. You only lose money in the market if you sell at a loss. Fluctuations of portfolio value are not losses. And you should be moving away from equities as you get closer to retirement. If you don't bother to take an active role in your savings then it's you who are at fault. No one is plotting against you.

I have a friend who lost 70K and my sister's neighbor lost 150,000.00. And of course the government bailed out to the tune of trillions a lot of these crooks who caused the bust. But you're OK with that.

So they sold at a loss and are blaming someone else?

No one forced them to sell at a loss. No one forced them to buy stock. They could have bought bonds or stayed in a cash position if they wanted.

And I was not for any bail out including GM. I just don't blame everyone else for every little thing.

Meritocracy, individual achievement , self respect...........

Concepts unfamiliar to progressive welfare dependents, public civil servants, and pussified , jealous, occutards...........

Loathsome social justice parasites.........
If you believe, as your message implies, that only those who are slackers and freeloaders are being compromised by the present system of vertical wealth distribution you either are among the One Percent, or you've been effectively brainwashed by right-wing propaganda, or you're simply ignorant, uninformed, and mean.

Which is it?

America's middle class has been turned into Debt Serfs under a Feudal Unrestrained Banking-Big Government System which privatizes profits and socializes risks.

The founding of the Federal Reserve combined with the 16th Amendment set the stage for the Neo-Feudalism.

America's middle class is being ball and chained, the corporate elite thinks it's funny, and we sit around and blame just the politicians who do their bidding? OK then!

sheep.jpg

And you blame everyone else but yourself for your shortcomings.

No one is holding you back but you. So man up and stop fucking whining.

He's not pointing out his deficiencies, writing so is a stupid comment. And, he's not whining, he's pointing out what's obvious to those of us who pay attention.

Profit is the God Particle of Corporate America, not quality, service or the nation. Are any of you old enough to remember Sears and their policy on tool replacement? Such a company policy no longer exists. Corporate America works to squeeze every dime you earn and offers lesser products and services. Look at the Airlines, bag fees, fuel charges, strip searches (ok, that's hyperbole but not far off for some victims) and more consolidations and bankruptcies (thank you RR, another degregulation snafu).

BTW, I'm not whining, I'm doing fine, but I worry that my kids will live in a plutocratic dystopia. Something middle class voters should consider and not be fooled by the explotation of wedge issues by the GOP at the expense of real debates on substantive issues.

Never worked a day in the private sector, didja?

Without quality and services there are no profits

Concepts unfamiliar to progressive welfare dependents, public civil servants, and pussified , jealous, occutards...........

If you believe, as your message implies, that only those who are slackers and freeloaders are being compromised by the present system of vertical wealth distribution you either are among the One Percent, or you've been effectively brainwashed by right-wing propaganda, or you're simply ignorant, uninformed, and mean.

Which is it?

These f---ing peons obsession with the "1%" is rather pathetic...........

They dont owe you and all the other ungrateful adolescent know nothings a thing......Perhaps not even the 40% of all taxes they pay or the billions in charitable gifts they provide......

What crime? What rich guy ever stole from you?
What bank ever forced you to sign on the dotted line?

And I have been the victim of a crime and guess what? The fucking government never caught the guy or got my stuff back.

No rich guy, no bank, no CEO ever stole from me.

So until you have proof that your money was stolen by a rich guy stop fucking whining.

Personally, I've lost somewhere between $100k and $200k from my 401k thanks to a series of bubble bursts over the last couple of decades.

That's crap and you know it. You only lose money in the market if you sell at a loss. Fluctuations of portfolio value are not losses. And you should be moving away from equities as you get closer to retirement. If you don't bother to take an active role in your savings then it's you who are at fault. No one is plotting against you.

I had an age appropriate mix spanning the range of speculation, investment, growth, and wealth preservation. I base my estimate on the addage that long term investment in the stock market should net an average of 10% per year. Even the stability fund in my 401k has outperformed the more volitile components by about 3 or 4x. I rode the current wave up to about 85% of where it is now and put 90% of my holdings in stability but even that bit of proactivity can't compensate for the manipulation of the market.

Ayn Rand exclusive.

It's really interesting reading in the book I'm finishing up "Plutocrats" to see what the 1% thinks about the Western middle class. In a general consensus, they more or less say "well, you've had your party." One said it was better for 4 Americans to sink below the middle class level if only ONE Chinese or Indian person rises to the middle class. THESE are the people who buy our politicians! Do some reading on it and see what we're really up against. This link doesn't do it justice but it's almost bedtime so I can get up early to go back to work and make a 1%er's life better...............

1% to Middle Class: ?Stop crying, you?re better off than ever!? | Change to Win

Which is it?

None of the above - just a worthless, pantywaste hater who wants everyone to be as goddamned stupid and brainwashed as he is.

I had an age appropriate mix spanning the range of speculation, investment, growth, and wealth preservation. I base my estimate on the addage that long term investment in the stock market should net an average of 10% per year. Even the stability fund in my 401k has outperformed the more volitile components by about 3 or 4x. I rode the current wave up to about 85% of where it is now and put 90% of my holdings in stability but even that bit of proactivity can't compensate for the manipulation of the market.

The stock market "should" not average anything. There are no guarantees.

The stock market has averaged about 8.8% since its inception that's including the depression. If you were banking on 10% you made a grave error.

The stock market has averaged about 8.8% since its inception that's including the depression. If you were banking on 10% you made a grave error.

I wasn't banking on 10%. 10% is an historical trend. How do you think they get investors for the stock market? Just hope that everyone is happy to fund corporate expansion? This is the system that our economy is based upon and if they can't reasonably assure that some growth will come of it, it's finished.

I know you're one of those guys who thinks that everyone should just be satisfied with whatever crumbs the guys at the top deem proper to sprinkle down on the guys in the trenches. The fact is that a lot of economic expansion and industrial efficiency has been gained through technology and the contributions of people at all levels through the 'continuous improvement' paradigm. The people at the top were entrusted with running the ship, plotting a course and avoiding the pitfalls. They've taken all of the increased productivity and distributed it amonst themselves and given practically nothing back.

I wasn't banking on 10%. 10% is an historical trend. How do you think they get investors for the stock market? Just hope that everyone is happy to fund corporate expansion? This is the system that our economy is based upon and if they can't reasonably assure that some growth will come of it, it's finished.

I gave you the historical average. It's not 10%.

I know you're one of those guys who thinks that everyone should just be satisfied with whatever crumbs the guys at the top deem proper to sprinkle down on the guys in the trenches.

You don't know shit about me, Sparky.

I am so fucking sick of you whining idiots. If you want more than what you have go out and fucking get it. No one is stopping you. You just want to blame someone else for what you didn't do right. You are where you are because of your decisions and no one else's.

The fact is that a lot of economic expansion and industrial efficiency has been gained through technology and the contributions of people at all levels through the 'continuous improvement' paradigm. The people at the top were entrusted with running the ship, plotting a course and avoiding the pitfalls. They've taken all of the increased productivity and distributed it amonst themselves and given practically nothing back.

See that's your problem. You trusted other people to look out for you.

I hope you learned your lesson.

I know you're one of those guys who thinks that everyone should just be satisfied with whatever crumbs the guys at the top deem proper to sprinkle down on the guys in the trenches.

I am so fucking sick of you whining idiots. If you want more than what you have go out and fucking get it. No one is stopping you. You just want to blame someone else for what you didn't do right. You are where you are because of your decisions and no one else's.

The fact is that a lot of economic expansion and industrial efficiency has been gained through technology and the contributions of people at all levels through the 'continuous improvement' paradigm. The people at the top were entrusted with running the ship, plotting a course and avoiding the pitfalls. They've taken all of the increased productivity and distributed it amonst themselves and given practically nothing back.

I know plenty about you. No kids, no dependents (at least none that you feel the least bit inclined to assist) and no gratitude for the breaks you've received from others. You're just like these sociopathic pricks that you defend. You probably even profit from the fucked up state of our medical system (that's my one bit of conjecture here).

Fuck you! You helped highjack this thread so you could spout off your playbook "American Dream" bullshit lines and that's not what the hell I started this thread about to begin with. Yea, no one knows shit about you but you seem to want to put words in everyone else's posts and mouths. Start your own goddamned thread.

Actually that would Barney Frank and Chris Dodd your friendly neighborhood Dem crooks.

Thank them for the housing bubble

I have a friend who lost 70K and my sister's neighbor lost 150,000.00. And of course the government bailed out to the tune of trillions a lot of these crooks who caused the bust. But you're OK with that.

City dwellers are dependent on an industrial core that no longer exists. Things will get worse before they get better. It's not really anyone's fault -- the market has changed.

People who have lost touch with self-sufficiency desperately need to get back to it. Gardening, carpentry, mechanical trades, these are the things people need to re-learn. All the legislation in the world will not change it.

It's really interesting reading in the book I'm finishing up "Plutocrats" to see what the 1% thinks about the Western middle class. In a general consensus, they more or less say "well, you've had your party." One said it was better for 4 Americans to sink below the middle class level if only ONE Chinese or Indian person rises to the middle class. THESE are the people who buy our politicians! Do some reading on it and see what we're really up against. This link doesn't do it justice but it's almost bedtime so I can get up early to go back to work and make a 1%er's life better...............

I'm just floored that you read a book that wasn't written by Dr. Suess.

I'm just floored that you read a book that wasn't written by Dr. Suess.

Jesus H Christ, does that wit just come naturally or do you have to stay up all night to think it up? Shows you too have nothing to say.

City dwellers are dependent on an industrial core that no longer exists. Things will get worse before they get better. It's not really anyone's fault -- the market has changed.

People who have lost touch with self-sufficiency desperately need to get back to it. Gardening, carpentry, mechanical trades, these are the things people need to re-learn. All the legislation in the world will not change it.

That's the core reason I am checking it out, the changes. At our local university I watch these people shell out 35 K a year to get degrees that could end up not being worth the paper their diplomas are printed on. Things are changing rapidly and you're right - it's not anyone's fault. But it IS changing. Be aware or be left behind.

I was reading tonight that some 1%ers ARE aware that there is historical precedent for so much wealth concentrated in the hands of so few. Many take to living in virtual isolation. Some are speaking out saying the 1%ers (those who are NOT already doing it - many are) need to be more loyal to their home countries. Otherwise, the people could really finally get fed up when the middle class gets so thin you could see through it.

Widening gap between rich and poor threatens to swallow us all | Emma Seery | Global development | guardian.co.uk

Forum List

Back