Elite Psychology

Who the hell is whining? I'm just (unsuccessfully once again) trying to relate what I've been reading and studying, thinking (again, probably unsuccessfully) someone else might be interested in seeing the forces at work as the result of globalization. This isn't like the globalization of Europe in the 1700's - this involves so many more countries moving out of poverty and bulking up their middle class, often at our expense. And you've been asleep if you haven't see the hit our middle class has took. THAT has an impact on people like us.

Again, I get that it's easier and more fun to talk about partisan bullshit talking points that mean nothing and starting an argument over nothing - loads of fun.

I don't really care some people live for the almighty dollar because I came from absolutely zero and spend decades to build a comfortable (what should be) middle class life for my family and I. I'm not griping. But if you have kids, you want to send them off to college for a degree in a job that doesn't exist anymore? Not me. That's one reason I follow this stuff. This kind of reading and study does have practical application, a hell of a lot more practical than worrying about whether a gun has 10 or twenty bullets to a clip.

You must be new here. I became jaded before I ever found this site by another mostly conservative forum where logic and reason never seemed to penetrate the ideology. Nothing new here. I still check in now and then, mainly out of a sense of schadenfreude but I have no illusions that any kind of rational dialogue will change anything. I admire your patience though.

There is nothing rational about the blame game.

Ever been the victim of a crime? Did you just go about your business and say 'oh well' or did you try to find the perp so they wouldn't do it again? That's what this is about.

Yes, crying that the rich are too rich certainly is whining, or at least it is in my world.

Do your really want to confess what goes on in "your world"?

Pointing out the dangers of Plutocracy is not to cry, it is a statement of facts expressed simply and clearly: Wealth = power, power tends to corrupt and too much power corrupts absolutely. We see it today in every piece of legislation, money corrupts the process and too often benefits the few and not the many.

Yeah don't blame the politicians who accept the money.

Since before the 2000 elections I have argued for campaign finance reform and complete transparency of how money is used to influence elections. The Power Elite in our Country want no part of reform, the media in particular reaps huge profits in printing and broadcasting revenue in misleading political adds by sources unknown. Pols on all levels of government reap benefits: contracts, jobs for relatives, loan service not available to all of us, sweet deals by special interests who want their vote.

As ar as I'm concerned any elected or appointed official who accepts anything from anyone with any interest in any matter to come before that person professionally is a felon. And should be treated as such.

CU v. FEC was and remains the greatest threat to our Republic and only complete fools believe it was about free speech.

So, now that I've put your red herring to rest do you have anything to add?

Last edited:
Knobby, if you don't want to have your every thread destroyed, you'd best ignore the ad hominen attacks that will inevitably come your way.

You do understand, don't you, that what these morons want is to stop talking about the issue and get into pissing matches with you, right?

When you respond in kind, the BOARD loses.

You must be new here. I became jaded before I ever found this site by another mostly conservative forum where logic and reason never seemed to penetrate the ideology. Nothing new here. I still check in now and then, mainly out of a sense of schadenfreude but I have no illusions that any kind of rational dialogue will change anything. I admire your patience though.

Ever been the victim of a crime? Did you just go about your business and say 'oh well' or did you try to find the perp so they wouldn't do it again? That's what this is about.

They don't care - they don't mind their government being corrupt so long as the wealthy buying their government tells them what they want to hear.

Knobby, if you don't want to have your every thread destroyed, you'd best ignore the ad hominen attacks that will inevitably come your way.

You do understand, don't you, that what these morons want is to stop talking about the issue and get into pissing matches with you, right?

That's true - there are a lot of bored and stupid people with nothing better to do.

They don't care - they don't mind their government being corrupt so long as the wealthy buying their government tells them what they want to hear.

Exactly right. Various aspects of our economy have become so inefficient it's mind boggling. Medical administration and insurance, tax accounting, Wall Street flash trading, lobbying... And so many are sucking at the teat of this system and making huge amounts of money without contributing one thing to the welfare of the country. This is where the political influence money comes from and why the status quo is so closely guarded.

I'm sure it's tempting for those who are making bank to keep it running just as it has been. What I have trouble accepting is that they duped so many others (apparently with nothing more than a carrot on a stick) into going along with it.

Exactly right. Various aspects of our economy have become so inefficient it's mind boggling. Medical administration and insurance, tax accounting, Wall Street flash trading, lobbying... And so many are sucking at the teat of this system and making huge amounts of money without contributing one thing to the welfare of the country. This is where the political influence money comes from and why the status quo is so closely guarded.

I'm sure it's tempting for those who are making bank to keep it running just as it has been. What I have trouble accepting is that they duped so many others (apparently with nothing more than a carrot on a stick) into going along with it.

Well, none of us can comprehend the whole of this global economic revolution, but we can see enough to decode that A)our politicians are bought and bullied by them, which means B) everything our politicians say are lies or non-issues not worth the breath to say them, which means C) they and their followers are spineless and weak partisan politicians. I get that it may be more fun to avoid reality and pick mindless fights on a forum. And that's cool, but don't come on here acting like you have answers to things you can't even begin to comprehend because it doesn't match up with your partisan brainwashing and simple minded world view.

What crime? What rich guy ever stole from you?
What bank ever forced you to sign on the dotted line?

And I have been the victim of a crime and guess what? The fucking government never caught the guy or got my stuff back.

No rich guy, no bank, no CEO ever stole from me.

So until you have proof that your money was stolen by a rich guy stop fucking whining.

There is no issue.

Sorry but those of you who blame all problems on the "rich" are pathetic and quite frankly deserve to be broke.

Ah yes.................the global economic "revolution"

Its all soooooo complicated, and conspiratorial

Corruption and influence in politics is all so excitingly new.........

We need to eliminate the influence of the illuminati, bilderbergs, trilateral commission, WTO, IMF, World Bank, Military Industrial complex , Corporate/Union lobbyists and put the power back in the hands of the proletariat...........

Workers of the world unite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

And I have been the victim of a crime and guess what? The fucking government never caught the guy or got my stuff back.

So until you have proof that your money was stolen by a rich guy stop fucking whining.

Personally, I've lost somewhere between $100k and $200k from my 401k thanks to a series of bubble bursts over the last couple of decades. It's all choreographed by these greedy fuckers. Add to that the exorbitant medical insurance rates that make it impossible to even consider early retirement until Medicare kicks in (if it ever does). And I'm one of the lucky ones. I have a fair amount of savings and very little debt. I have no idea why the average guy hasn't taken to the streets yet.

Oh, and did I mention the looting of social security?

Last edited:

We need to eliminate the influence of the illuminati, bilderbergs, trilateral commission, WTO, IMF, World Bank, Military Industrial complex , Corporate/Union lobbyists and put the power back in the hands of the proletariat...........

Dude, who pays you to spam here? I sure as hell hope they're not paying you to think. By the way, that's YOU saying that stuff, not me or anyone else from what I see.

Dude, who pays you to spam here? I sure as hell hope they're not paying you to think. By the way, that's YOU saying that stuff, not me or anyone else from what I see.

DUDE ???? Some schmuck's been watching too much MTV..........

Personally, I've lost somewhere between $100k and $200k from my 401k thanks to a series of bubble bursts over the last couple of decades.

That's crap and you know it. You only lose money in the market if you sell at a loss. Fluctuations of portfolio value are not losses. And you should be moving away from equities as you get closer to retirement. If you don't bother to take an active role in your savings then it's you who are at fault. No one is plotting against you.

Personally, I've lost somewhere between $100k and $200k from my 401k thanks to a series of bubble bursts over the last couple of decades.

That's crap and you know it. You only lose money in the market if you sell at a loss. Fluctuations of portfolio value are not losses. And you should be moving away from equities as you get closer to retirement. If you don't bother to take an active role in your savings then it's you who are at fault. No one is plotting against you.

I have a friend who lost 70K and my sister's neighbor lost 150,000.00. And of course the government bailed out to the tune of trillions a lot of these crooks who caused the bust. But you're OK with that.

DUDE ???? Some schmuck's been watching too much MTV..........

OK, how does the elite wanna be want us to talk? Tell us, wanna be Yuppie!

Forum List

Back