Conservative Reaction to Communist MSNBC commerial!

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
So, first I think it's best for everyone to hear the full MSNBC ad and transcript before we continue, and the general reaction from the right and the moderate left (whatever remains of the moderate left).

Transcript:
1. We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we have always had a private notion of our children.

2. [Sarcastic] 'Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility.'

3. We never had a collective notion that these are OUR children.

4. So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

5. We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY;

6. Once it is everyone's responsibility, and not just the household, we start making better investments.

So, first let's fact check the first line:
We spend more per student than any other nation on Earth and get the worst return on our education than any other civilized country. However, let's forgive this error, and consider it a mistake. Perhaps she meant that we don't invest CORRECTLY. If we look at the final line, we see that she says "then we'll start making BETTER investments." Ok, so we'll give her a pass here, since she rectifies the error of the first line.

Well actually, since this was a well prepared PROMO ad, which was approved many times by their studio before they ran the ad, we actually CAN NOT forgive this for this error in such a short sub-100 word speech. This had to be intentional. This wasn't just something she said off the cuff.

But anyway, let's continue to give them the benefit of the doubt. Ok great, we're not investing correctly into the education of our children, we can mostly all agree on that. So what is their the solution, how will we start making better investments?

Oh, by making the State sovereign over your children, such that your children only belong to you as a privilege extended to you by the government; not by right, which must be abused before the government can intervene, no, now it's a privilege to have your children.

Apparently transferring Sovereignty from the parents to the government (over your children) will make public education investments "better." The way we're spending the money isn't the problem, it's you!

So, what's the Conservative reaction? Will first you can start by reading the comments on any of these videos, including the ad itself!

The liberal on Fox News was speechless and admitted it was indefensible:

http://www.infowars.com/communist-p...at-the-big-deal-is-over-melissa-harris-perry/
http://www.infowars.com/your-kids-belong-to-the-collective/
http://www.infowars.com/msnbc-host-...criticism-of-her-child-collectivization-rant/

Glenn Beck doesn't sound that crazy these days:
Glenn Beck: MSNBC?s Melissa Harris-Perry part of UN conspiracy to collectivize American children | The Raw Story

Hell, even Chris Hayes couldn't' defend it on MSNBC, so he had to deflect the attention by beating up on the Drugster (easy target) instead:
Christopher Hayes defends Melissa Harris-Perry: ?Haters gonna hate? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Seriously, Chris Hayes doesn't even mention lines 1-5 of the transcript.

MSNBC: We Have to Break Through This Idea 'That Kids Belong to Their Parents' | CNS News

Facebook has exploded

And to top it all off, Melissa Perry doubles down!

The PJ Tatler » Melissa Harris-Perry Doubles Down on Her Marxist, Anti-Family MSNBC Ad

-------------------------------------
Anyone who is not "outraged" by what they hear, especially after analysis, in case you only looked at the "surface" of the message instead of the Marxist "foundation" of the message, if you're not outraged, you're beyond hope, and I can't wait to see you on the battlefield when you drafted to suppress rebellion.

------------------
Welcome to World Media War I, in my opinion, this ad was deliberate and intended to cause this reaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
MSNBS is so desperate to nullify Fox that it's running full steam ahead with blinders on. Shit like this c9mbined with their nightly HATE fest from 7 to 10 is the reason they are getting stomped

MSNBS is so desperate to nullify Fox that it's running full steam ahead with blinders on. Shit like this c9mbined with their nightly HATE fest from 7 to 10 is the reason they are getting stomped

The best part is MSNBC is being held accountable for "political correctness" for once the libtards are being hammered for it. The overseers of political correctness are being lashed by their own whip.

Seriously, you can't even say the word "retard" anymore (as in retarded growth) because of MSNBC.

Last edited:

The best part is MSNBC is being held accountable for "political correctness" for once the libtards are being hammered for it. The overseers of political correctness are being lashed by their own whip.

Seriously, you can't even say the word "retard" anymore (as in retarded growth) because of MSNBC.

I hope they are although I don't watch alot of tv so I will likely miss it

I hope they are although I don't watch alot of tv so I will likely miss it

I only gave a very small sample of the reaction, this shit went viral everywhere.

Growing up, us children did belong to the whole neighborhood.
You could get your ass spanked or your ear chewed off by a half-dozen parents before you got home, when you screwed up.

You could get your ass spanked or your ear chewed off by a half-dozen parents before you got home, when you screwed up.

Was that the message of her video?

Explain each line one by one (total of 6 lines) as to how you interpreted them.

1. We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we have always had a private notion of our children.

4. So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

6. Once it is everyone's responsibility, and not just the household, we start making better investments.

Was that the message of her video?

Explain each line one by one (total of 6 lines) as to how you interpreted them.

That children are assets that we must protect and invest in?
Fuck if I can speak moonbat...
:confused:

Not meaning to sound like I defending the wingnuts,,,,,just trying to look through the mirror, Alice

:cool:

Here's is Melissa Perry's own defense today:
My inbox began filling with hateful, personal attacks on Monday, apparently as a result of conservative reactions to a recent “Lean Forward” advertisement now airing on MSNBC, which you can view above. What I thought was an uncontroversial comment on my desire for Americans to see children as everyone’s responsibility has created a bit of a tempest in the right’s teapot. Allow me to double down.

One thing is for sure: I have no intention of apologizing for saying that our children, all of our children, are part of more than our households, they are part of our communities and deserve to have the care, attention, resources, respect and opportunities of those communities.

When the flood of vitriolic responses to the ad began, my first reaction was relief. I had spent the entire day grading papers and was relieved that since these children were not my responsibility, I could simply mail the students’ papers to their moms and dads to grade! But of course, that is a ridiculous notion. As a teacher, I have unique responsibilities to the students in my classroom at Tulane University, and I embrace those responsibilities. It is why I love my job.

So those of you who were alarmed by the ad can relax. I have no designs on taking your children. Please keep your kids! But I understand the fear.

We do live in a nation where slaveholders took the infants from the arms of my foremothers and sold them for their own profit. We do live in a nation where the government snatched American Indian children from their families and “re-educated” them by forbidding them to speak their language and practice their traditions.

Ok, let's look at paragraph 1 (in Red):
Most of that hate mail and negative responses came from her own viewers. My grandmother who lives in the house with me watches MSNBC like 24/7. We've been arguing quite often since my departure from the Democratic party in early December (Sandy Hook). My grandmother, still being sharp, realized that the "Communist" paranoia (which she originally thought I was nuts for) is actually well founded. She was the first person to bring the attention of this ad to me, and said she was shocked.

I'm pretty sure this is the same story for many viewers, even if they will continue watching MSNBC. Melissa Harris Perry's time on the tv is quite short, I can guarantee that (UNLESS THIS WAS INTENDED BY MSNBC TO HAVE THIS EFFECT).

Paragraph 2 (In blue):
No one is disputing that. It's How you do it that we are disputing. Also your ad didn't mention a god damn thing that would solve those problems, other than transferring sovereignty over children from the parents to the government. I don't understand how changing the sovereignty would improve their education.

Paragraph 3 (in purple):

Sorry Melissa, but young adults in college ARE NOT CHILDREN. They are their own responsibility. You have obligations to fulfill your contract as a teacher/professor that they are PAYING YOU FOR.

Paragraph 4 (in green):
I know you don't have any intention of taking the children, unless some bureaucrat disapproves of how we are raising and instructing them. Your intention is to transfer lawful sovereignty over children from their parents to the government. Under this system, parents would only be able to keep their children if the government extends that privilege to you; you are completely at their mercy.

Paragraph 5 (in orange):
So since you understand that government only perpetuates evil when given that authority, why would you want to give them that authority again? Are you looking for REPARATIONS (she complained about slavery)?

Last edited:

The other day they had Michael Moore as a guest and he was going on this rant against the GOP that was so cliche' and so inflammatory that I had to turn the channel.

I can't believe that people could become so distraught about a promo for an infotainment show. It's a good thing that none of y'all read the Bible:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--a man's enemies will be the members of his own household."
-- Matthew 10:34-36

I can't believe that people could become so distraught about a promo for an infotainment show. It's a good thing that none of y'all read the Bible:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--a man's enemies will be the members of his own household."

You quoting the Bible is like Karl Marx quoting Adam Smith.

From the very same chapter of the Bible:
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Sounds like Jesus had such a noble opinion and honorable expectation of big government.

What comes right after?
“But whenever they persecute you in [t]one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.

Hey!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Oh! We are born naturally with rights, they aren't created by government!

Last edited:
If they can't find a better way to ask for school funding than to say the my kids are not my responsibility then maybe they ought to pay people who home school their kids instead of taxing them. Instead they want to ban home schooling so the children can be indoctrinated by the liberal teachers and lessons that they learn.

I have spent more than a few days in my grandchildren's school and I see that they are not teaching math or reading or anything else. They are teaching kids to "get along" to become part of the "collective" and then we wonder why our children graduate functionally illiterate. If I was raising my kids today I would be home schooling them so that they actually learned the subjects as well as learning personal responsibility.

The whole concept of "leave no child behind" forces the addage that no child will excell. My children excelled in school because I spent time with them and showed that it was important to do their best at everything they did.

This should make every parent explode with anger. The "community" doesn't pay for their food, clothes and housing. The collective doesn't love them when they are hurt, protect them from harm, teach them they are more than they think they are or wipe their butt and change their diapers. What in the world gives this woman the power to say that my kids belong to the community? Is MSNBC going to send folks to people's homes to help care for the sick children, pay their hospital and dental bills? NO! They just want to have the ability to teach them how to be a good liitle member of the "collective" so they can be controlled in the future.

If they want to take responsibility for my kids they will have to come and take them - after they take my guns ... one bullet at atime. HORSEPUCKY!!!!

You quoting the Bible is like Karl Marx quoting Adam Smith.

From the very same chapter of the Bible:
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Sounds like Jesus had such a noble opinion and honorable expectation of big government.

What comes right after?
“But whenever they persecute you in [t]one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.

Hey!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Oh! We are born naturally with rights, they aren't created by government!

Nah. My opinion of organized religion and Old Testament moralism isn't that much different than those that Jesus expressed

Agitator, since you're logged on, I've haven't gotten a single liberal to answer this question for me; perhaps you would clarify for us confused "righties."

I'm trying to understand their reaction and interpretation of the transcript:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, she states a problem: We're not investing enough/correctly into education.

Then she diagnoses the problem,

Then she proposes the solution.

She says her solution will better our investments into education.

---------------------------

Would you care to tell me, in your own opinion, what her diagnosis was (from the ad)? Cite which line of the transcript contains the diagnosis of the problem.

Will you then tell me, in your own opinion, what her solution was? Cite which line in which she tells us how to solve the problem.

Again, here's the transcript:

Agitator, since you're logged on, I've haven't gotten a single liberal to answer this question for me; perhaps you would clarify for us confused "righties."

I'm trying to understand their reaction and interpretation of the transcript:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, she states a problem: We're not investing enough/correctly into education.

Then she diagnoses the problem,

Then she proposes the solution.

She says her solution will better our investments into education.

---------------------------

Would you care to tell me, in your own opinion, what her diagnosis was (from the ad)? Cite which line of the transcript contains the diagnosis of the problem.

Will you then tell me, in your own opinion, what her solution was? Cite which line in which she tells us how to solve the problem.

Again, here's the transcript:

Dontcha know. We lefties just read penumbras into stuff.

I don't know how to answer this with any seriousness. it isn't a political platform,
IT'S A F*****G CABLE NEWS PROMO!

Forum List

Back