Electric Police cars are sucking..

Was that over 20 years ago? That base pay including free room and board would be as much or more than most Americans can earn on civvy street even today.

Tradesmen coming out of the military are limited in their knowledge to the particular job they were assigned to.

I've been in 30 foot seas in my 40' sailboat. The danger was in the fear or in not preparing the boat to handle it. I have a friend whose boat was rolled end for end a couple of times he thinks, in Cape rollers.

Free room and board is only for single people living on base. While married people may get base housing (rent free housing), they still have to pay for the food for their families, and the waiting list to get base housing can be up to a year. Free room and board does happen, but only in limited circumstances.

Tradesmen coming out of the Navy are limited in their knowledge? Really? Apparently, you've never been around Navy people, or if you have, you never really talked to them about what they actually do. Most Navy personnel are trained in several different jobs that relate to their primary specialty, because it's needed for them to be able to cover various positions.

And yeah, you might have been in 30 ft seas in your boat, but did you do it for days at a time, to be followed by a few days of calm, then more days of heavy seas? You probably returned to dry land when the weather got rough, the Navy doesn't have that option, because our schedule is dictated by military necessity. As far as preparing for sea, before we leave the pier, we always would secure for sea, because we didn't know what conditions we would run into. Again, you know nothing about serving in the Navy or the military. I noticed you ignored what I had told you about qualifying for the military. It's much easier to get a job in the civilian sector than it is to qualify for enlistment.

Free room and board is only for single people living on base. While married people may get base housing (rent free housing), they still have to pay for the food for their families, and the waiting list to get base housing can be up to a year. Free room and board does happen, but only in limited circumstances.

Tradesmen coming out of the Navy are limited in their knowledge? Really? Apparently, you've never been around Navy people, or if you have, you never really talked to them about what they actually do. Most Navy personnel are trained in several different jobs that relate to their primary specialty, because it's needed for them to be able to cover various positions.

And yeah, you might have been in 30 ft seas in your boat, but did you do it for days at a time, to be followed by a few days of calm, then more days of heavy seas?
The Atlantic ocean treats all boats or ships the same. (with qualifications) But crossing it at 6 knots compared to 30 knots raises a distinction. And running for land is the single worst thing to do in a small boat. Providing that land is within a thousand NM.

You've made it quite obvious that you know less then me and any other adults about the military. If you consider yourself an adult, then act your age. Telling others to shut up is childish, spoiled brat behaviour.
Well the five years I served in the Army on active duty and the additional five years I served in the Army Reserves would seem to give me a reason to dispute your OPINION. I don't hesitate to tell opinionated jackasses to shut up when they blather about things they know nothing about. And in the opinions posted by everyone on this board, you certainly fall into the opinionated jackass category.

The Atlantic ocean treats all boats or ships the same. (with qualifications) But crossing it at 6 knots compared to 30 knots raises a distinction. And running for land is the single worst thing to do in a small boat. Providing that land is within a thousand NM.

Bullshit. Being on a cruiser or destroyer in 30 ft seas is MUCH DIFFERENT than being on a carrier. Carriers barely notice anything less than 20 ft seas, whereas a cruiser or destroyer will rock like hell. Again, it appears you know very little about the Navy or the military.

And by the way, where in the hell did you get that thousand NM figure from? That also smells like bullshit to me.

Last edited:
Bullshit. Being on a cruiser or destroyer in 30 ft seas is MUCH DIFFERENT than being on a carrier. Carriers barely notice anything less than 20 ft seas, whereas a cruiser or destroyer will rock like hell. Again, it appears you know very little about the Navy or the military.
You misunderstood. I was comparing a 40' sailboat to whatever ship he was talking about.
(And I said with qualifications because 20' seas can be quite comfortable on the sailboat) Ask him why if you want to know.)
And by the way, where in the hell did you get that thousand NM figure from? That also smells like bullshit to me.
It was just used as a number that represents being far offshore. Don't start with the rudeness and profanity.

You misunderstood. I was comparing a 40' sailboat to whatever ship he was talking about.
(And I said with qualifications because 20' seas can be quite comfortable on the sailboat) Ask him why if you want to know.)

It was just used as a number that represents being far offshore. Don't start with the rudeness and profanity.
If my profanity offends you, then fuck off you sperm burping gutter bitch. Colon jousters like you offend me, especially when you seem to think you know about the military, when in reality, you have no earthly idea. Take your rump ranger ass elsewhere then if your pussy assed sensibilities have been hurt.

With a small boat, it's not the size of the waves as the interval that makes things dangerous or uncomfortable. I've sailed in thirty foot waves at sixty second intervals that were very comfortable and eight foot waves at eight second intervals that beat me to death. Sailboats are also far more stable than powerboats or small ships. The sails dampen the violent pitching and rolling.

Forum List

Back