Electric Car Explodes in Owners Garage

I'll bet my bottom dollar that a Snowflake bought the exploding electric car. Justice is served.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that a Snowflake bought the exploding electric car. Justice is served.

WTF? Someone buys an electric car and you think having their house burn down is justice served? That just makes you an ignorant asshole.

Apparently there was a recall issued by GM for the Chevy Bolt. They also advised that the cars be parked outside until they could be taken to a GM service center.

And the title of the thread is seriously misleading. There was a fire, that is for sure. But there was no explosion.
Well...it wasn't a massive explosion....but batteries blow up before they burn for half an hour. It's what happens when the hydrogen in the water gets hot.....or when the two metals touch and cause a reaction under pressure.

Thermal runaway is a bitch....And it can't be stopped once it begins.

Yep. I had a samsung cellphone headed that way one time. It shut down due to high temps and then the thing continued getting so hot I couldn't stand to touch it much longer. I smashed it as hard as I could throw it against the asphalt and ran like hell just in case. If I had been at home asleep and that had happened, who knows what the end result may have been. Any way, crushing it stopped whatever the hell was going on with it.

View attachment 488520
(Look at all the carbon going into the atmosphere
Tesla's are known to crash into things with serious injury or death, thanks to Elon Musk.

No, they are not. On a few isolated occasions there were accidents. But it was not the car that was at fault. The self-driving feature works pretty well. But it is emphatically stated by people and in writing that the driver must be ready to take over. And in at least a few of the events, the computer records show the driver was alerted to a problem but either ignored it or was not paying attention at all.
Many incidents with Tesla. The woman in California painting her toenails at freeway speed but the cops caught her and gave her a ticket.

WTF? Someone buys an electric car and you think having their house burn down is justice served? That just makes you an ignorant asshole.

To be fair, if it wasn't for ignorant assholes there probably wouldn't be a USMB. Just sayin.....:D

View attachment 488520
Tesla's are known to crash into things with serious injury or death, thanks to Elon Musk.

No, they are not. On a few isolated occasions there were accidents. But it was not the car that was at fault. The self-driving feature works pretty well. But it is emphatically stated by people and in writing that the driver must be ready to take over. And in at least a few of the events, the computer records show the driver was alerted to a problem but either ignored it or was not paying attention at all.
If it can't drive you home when you're drunk, what good is it?

Heres the article to go with it. This was the Chevy Bolt.

I personally have no problem with electric vehicles, but I would have preferred we go the hydrogen, propane or diesel route

People like you can't be trusted with hydrogen, propane or diesel route. You're a Bunch of Fucking Idiots. Fuck off, Trailor Trash.

Apparently, people like yourself can't even be trusted with a keyboard.

It's spelled "trailer".

Trailer
Grammar-Nazi-2.jpg

View attachment 488520

Many incidents with Tesla. The woman in California painting her toenails at freeway speed but the cops caught her and gave her a ticket.

That has nothing to do with Tesla, any more than the woman caught shaving her pubes while driving was the fault of whatever car manufacturer made the car she was driving.

If the accident was due to an idiot behind the wheel, blaming Tesla is simply ignorant.

To be fair, if it wasn't for ignorant assholes there probably wouldn't be a USMB. Just sayin.....:D

You have a point.

Watch your language, you're a Moderator and should know better.

No, I don't think I will. I think your post warrants more expletives and profanities, but I was raised to be polite.

And there are places on these forums where bad language is not allowed. This forum isn't one of them.

View attachment 488520

If it can't drive you home when you're drunk, what good is it?

It has a built in phone that can call you an Uber.

Before I saw this write up, I thought that those who owned such a vehicle were smart to get them because they don't need gas. Now I am not so sure.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Apparently there was a recall issued by GM for the Chevy Bolt. They also advised that the cars be parked outside until they could be taken to a GM service center.

And the title of the thread is seriously misleading. There was a fire, that is for sure. But there was no explosion.
Well...it wasn't a massive explosion....but batteries blow up before they burn for half an hour. It's what happens when the hydrogen in the water gets hot.....or when the two metals touch and cause a reaction under pressure.

I have a powerful green laser that uses those batteries.

I have a powerful green laser that uses those batteries.

Good to know. Use your Goofy Green Laser on your stupid avatar. What an idiot.

Forum List

Back