"Eff you, old man. Now clean it up."

Maybe the OP should look into teaching at a private school or military academy......I have a acquaintance that said "no mas" to public schools and now teaches at a local military academy.....Makes more money and enjoys on-site housing for cheap....Basically just paying for utilities, cable, etc.

The same academy was just before the BoS wanting to turn six acres into student and facility housing. Enrollment is booming and they need to entice teachers and what better way than on-site housing.

Maybe the OP should look into teaching at a private school or military academy......I have a acquaintance that said "no mas" to public schools and now teaches at a local military academy.....Makes more money and enjoys on-site housing for cheap....Basically just paying for utilities, cable, etc.

The same academy was just before the BoS wanting to turn six acres into student and facility housing. Enrollment is booming and they need to entice teachers and what better way than on-site housing.

I'm good where I'm at. I don't have too many years left, and I'm a hardened veteran. I'm not so much concerned about my ability to endure and even do good work as I am the profession in general. I'm very, very worried about teachers coming in or with just a few years in. If I were in their shoes, I would absolutely look around. And typing that makes me so sad, because teaching has been such a huge, huge part of my life. I simply love it, to be honest.

I wish I could say this is unheard of--I mean people walking out mid-day, or mid-year. But even in my very good school, we have lost four staff members this way.

This is the fault of the parents, who are probably liberal.

Nothing new, really. Fifty years ago, I noticed the same thing: my friends with liberal parents let them smoke pot in the house and made excuses for their “mischief.” They are the ones enabling this type of behavior.

This is why I have you on ignore. You spew a lot of bile, including awful things here about people making a decent living. Sadly, you don't realize how much this reflects on the state of your own miserable soul. Ultimately, I feel bad for you, but can do nothing about it.

Back to ignore.
He is pretty much little more than a bed wetter flinging shit at a keyboard himself.

I'm good where I'm at. I don't have too many years left, and I'm a hardened veteran. I'm not so much concerned about my ability to endure and even do good work as I am the profession in general. I'm very, very worried about teachers coming in or with just a few years in. If I were in their shoes, I would absolutely look around. And typing that makes me so sad, because teaching has been such a huge, huge part of my life. I simply love it, to be honest.
Well the guy I know is pretty no-nonsense type of guy and did not get into teaching till his late 20s....It did not take him but a few years to say "to hell with this shit" as it regarded public schools. The lack of discipline and bitch teachers were his main reasons for moving on.

He is married and fit and he said every-other female teacher was trying to bed him so the rumor mill was a factor too. Most of the teachers where he is at now are male.

LOL....His wife is hot as hell so he better watch out for them. ;)

Yes. I have a niece who just started teaching in a Catholic grade school. She loves it in many ways, but some of the kids are very disrespectful to her. This is a wealthy school and the wealthy parents have considerable influence. As such, she isn’t getting much support from the principal or parents to get these kids on the right path. This has caused her to consider another profession.

luckily here we have a good elementary school with a principle who doesnt take crap from students or parents..i.e. a family move in from and the 4 th grader didnt like the new assignments of homework.....she was told at be ele 4 th graders get homework and are expected to do homework....he has the ability to pulll teeth and shut down parents who object to clear school policies and does what is best for the kids....

i dont think liberal or con has much to do with it...people are just up in arms about education

i left the system 48 years and never looked back...teachers should be respected more than football players but hey that is just me and they should be paid damn well

For someone who claims to be on the left and tolerate and accepting, Joe’s harsh comments against the working class are telling.
His deeming this man unworthy of respect by virtue of being a custodian; tells you all you need about him. Joe likely sees reflections of his younger self in this little bastard. As such he feels compelled to go to bat for the little shit. Such behaviors left undisciplined, result in an adult much like Joe here.

His deeming this man unworthy of respect by virtue of being a custodian; tells you all you need about him. Joe likely sees reflections of his younger self in this little bastard. As such he feels compelled to go to bat for the little shit. Such behaviors left undisciplined, result in an adult much like Joe here.
Good point, one just doesn't become a asshole overnight, one sorta grows into it. ;)

I had a third grade special student with behavior issues. One lunch he has a slushie type desert that the school made and he threw it on the floor when a kid made him mad. I came to get him, and of course we aren't allowed to make kids clean their messes. He seemed to have calmed down and resigned him self to being "in trouble."

But on the way out, he said, "Wait, I want it back." Yeah. He expected to be able to go through the line to get another slushie to take to the cool down room. So he threw another fit and had to be transported using our approved restraint methods (which seemed designed to allow the acting out kid to hurt the teacher).

I'm much happier in Junior High were we can just get the "School Resource Officer," to take care of any physical interactions.

He walked out. The custodian.

People should know that lax discipline has brought this about, for the most part. But then when schools try to implement discipline, parents revolt.
I was in school during the 1960-1970s and we made messes also.

I am 65 when I went to school we were taught to respect adults and any such behavior was punished, of course until 9th grade the teachers could paddle you too, or rather give you the option paddle or suspension.
That's how it was when I was in school; And my mama gave them permission to paddle.

I felt it a few times, it wasn't nice. One time I put my hand back there just as the paddle was coming down.

Throbbing red hand that was.

Forum List

Back