"Eff you, old man. Now clean it up."

seems he had little choice but to do so Sue

~S~
Or go to jail. We liked our custodians, one was an old black man and the other was an old hippie.

We didn't have juice boxes, we had smoking circles. I'll never forget when the announcement came over the PA:

"From now on, only 2 guns allowed per vehicle in the parking lot." Now, I rode a motorcycle, but 98% of the dudes I knew were making 4-slot gun racks in shop class right then. Hell I was making one to give to somebody, and that announcement put the whammy on all that. :aargh:

Pretty sure my best friend still has a 3-slotter like that in his house that we made back then.

Last edited:
Or go to jail. We liked our custodians, one was an old black man and the other was an old hippie.

The head custodian in our building is a rock star. One of the raffles at our PTA fundraiser is spend a half day with him, cleaning the school. It makes a TON of $$$. The kids adore him.

Uh, let's get real, here, if the best job you could get was cleaning up after little yuppie spawn for 27K a year, you failed at life, and even High School kids know it.

Of course, the only reason why those jobs are desirable is because unions make sure they are paid well, so I'm not sure what he is bitching about.

I found school to be a miserable experience... you put people through miserable experiences, they will frequently be miserable themselves.

You should know, you are probably the most miserable creature on this board.
I am 65 when I went to school we were taught to respect adults and any such behavior was punished, of course until 9th grade the teachers could paddle you too, or rather give you the option paddle or suspension.

My niece and nephew, in elementary school, had a special ed child fling his feces out the open window of the bus. So you know, the wind caught it and flung it back inside--all on kids.

Right. Read that again.
I have a few family members an a friend who took bus driver jobs in retirement, just to stay busy. Nearly all quit after a short time, due to the behavior of kids that wasn’t addressed.

One worked in an inner city public school district where the kids were predominantly black and Hispanic. He is white. He was disrespected almost daily by blacks, with a heavy dose of racism. He didn’t need the job, but felt he could make difference. He wanted to help those kids, but he too quit after a time.

I have a few family members an a friend who took bus driver jobs in retirement, just to stay busy. Nearly all quit after a short time, due to the behavior of kids that wasn’t addressed.

One worked in an inner city public school district where the kids were predominantly black and Hispanic. He is white. He was disrespected almost daily by blacks, with a heavy dose of racism. He didn’t need the job, but felt he could make difference. He wanted to help those kids, but he too quit after a time.

I don't know what--if anything--can turn the tide in some of those places. I don't know.

I am 65 when I went to school we were taught to respect adults and any such behavior was punished, of course until 9th grade the teachers could paddle you too, or rather give you the option paddle or suspension.

I work in a school; I'm a teacher. If I witnessed a student being that disrespectful to ANY adult who works there they would witness about the once a year I get legitimately, personally angry at school. I've been teaching a long time and this skin is thick. A lot, a lot, and I mean a LOT just rolls off my back. But man. When I witness cruelty like this--look out.

We just had our supervisory leader, along with a number of teachers speak at our local business meeting. The 'state of our schools' is rather a depressing situation here

~S~

Sadly, I don't know where it is NOT.

i'm a bluecollar Joe

you cut one of us, we all bleed

You need to talk to your Republican Buddies, they've been the ones who stuck you all in the meat grinder and replaced your nice Blue Collar jobs with McJobs. And then bitching when you demand minimum wage.

This is why I have you on ignore. You spew a lot of bile, including awful things here about people making a decent living. Sadly, you don't realize how much this reflects on the state of your own miserable soul. Ultimately, I feel bad for you, but can do nothing about it.

Oh, I thought it was because I spanked your lying, bigoted ass so many times....

Oh, wait, no, it was because I spanked your lying, bigoted ass so many times.

Anyone who would walk off a job because a child was "mean" to him is kind of pathetic.

I wish I could say this is unheard of--I mean people walking out mid-day, or mid-year. But even in my very good school, we have lost four staff members this way.

The kid should have been expelled. He obviously comes from a trashy family.

He's poisoned his soul and I feel bad for him.

Souls don't exist.
You really don't know jack shit about me other than I call you on your bigotry on a regular basis. Sorry you miss most of it, Islamophobic Twat.

We just had our supervisory leader, along with a number of teachers speak at our local business meeting. The 'state of our schools' is rather a depressing situation here

Okay, serious answer time. I agree, there are a LOT of problems in our schools. And the thing was, when Covid happened and parents got to see what kind of people were actually teaching their kids and what they were teaching them, they blew a gasket. But parents are part of the problem as well, because they just see school as 7 hours of free day care.

I'm 60. I went to Catholic Schools for 12 years, where the fucking psycho nuns did a lot worse than paddle you. It left me with a life long hatred of organized religion.

Frankly, I look at our generation, and I don't think we are better people for being paddled. But the generation that preceded us got even WORSE punishments, and they thought we were all soft.

The kid should have been expelled. He obviously comes from a trashy family.

In the Twitter thread the suggestion was made that the kid should have been made to clean the cafeteria with the custodian for two weeks. That sure enough would have been how it was handled when I was in school. But now--and these people are right--too many parents would say that's unjust punishment, he's not a slave, etc.

and you , much like the OP's kid, need to learn a little respect Joe

classism is no different than it's cousin racism

Respect is earned... and you need to work very hard to earn MY respect. It's not something I give out easily.

That custodian making inflated wages could be replaced by three Mexican immigrants who would do a better job and not whine about it.

Incidentally, I think this kid is a little bastard. You are going to have little bastards whether it's a lax public school or the Catholic Prison Camps that pretty much made my childhood an awful experience.

In the Twitter thread the suggestion was made that the kid should have been made to clean the cafeteria with the custodian for two weeks. That sure enough would have been how it was handled when I was in school. But now--and these people are right--too many parents would say that's unjust punishment, he's not a slave, etc.

And so? Every generation has bullies, punks and people acting out on their bad home life in school.

Deal with it. if it was fun all the time, they wouldn't have to pay you.

Okay, serious answer time. I agree, there are a LOT of problems in our schools. And the thing was, when Covid happened and parents got to see what kind of people were actually teaching their kids and what they were teaching them, they blew a gasket
My kids are thankfully out of school

I was involved and down there quite often to 'see' how they fared

Their policies are what i've disagreed with , not the teachers that are held to them

The local schoolboard gets an earful quite often, but are essentially powerless to do much about it

~S~

I wish I could say this is unheard of--I mean people walking out mid-day, or mid-year. But even in my very good school, we have lost four staff members this way.

Any school I know would have given the kid detention and some serious time behind a broom

Forum List

Back