"Eff you, old man. Now clean it up."

we raised hell in middle school and high school...i hated old lady craven my english teacher...now i realize she gave me a love of classic lit..that endures till today

parents suck now....this positive parenting is hard on everyone

would you like your livelihood demeaned in those terms Joe?

Not an issue. I have spent the last 40 years developing a very specific set of skills.

When I was growing up, my parents emphasized to me the importance of education, because I didn't want to be "digging a ditch" when I grew up. To them, that was the lowest of the low.

So if you are sixty years old, and your one skill set is cleaning up after yuppy spawn, and one of them is rude to you so you quit, that says a lot about your bad choices.

My kids are thankfully out of school

I was involved and down there quite often to 'see' how they fared

Their policies are what i've disagreed with , not the teachers that are held to them

The local schoolboard gets an earful quite often, but are essentially powerless to do much about it

Again, I've heard the other side of it. Disinterested teachers who know they can't be fired, or teachers who are burned out and just giving up.

Um, yeah, because the custodian is always a respected position.

Wow, Islamophobic Twit is shocked to find out...kids are little bastards! And if you lock a bunch of them in a place they don't want to be for seven hours a day with people they don't want to spend time with, they are going to be abusive to each other and the staff.

All that said, I would hope that the kid in question was sent to detention, but I doubt it.
Bleeding heart liberals and ambulance chasing ACLU lawyers have turned the schools over to the students

The janitor quit because he knew the student would not be punished

I work in a school; I'm a teacher. If I witnessed a student being that disrespectful to ANY adult who works there they would witness about the once a year I get legitimately, personally angry at school. I've been teaching a long time and this skin is thick. A lot, a lot, and I mean a LOT just rolls off my back. But man. When I witness cruelty like this--look out.
And what can you do about it?

Um, yeah, because the custodian is always a respected position.

Wow, Islamophobic Twit is shocked to find out...kids are little bastards! And if you lock a bunch of them in a place they don't want to be for seven hours a day with people they don't want to spend time with, they are going to be abusive to each other and the staff.

JFC. What an asshole.

You sound like that little shit in the story - that needed his head caved in with instant corporal punishment. You must be what happens when that crap festers.

i would also argue with you being well educated JoeB131

I'm sure you would... most people don't like to hear ugly truths.

Bleeding heart liberals and ambulance chasing ACLU lawyers have turned the schools over to the students

The janitor quit because he knew the student would not be punished

The Janitor quit because he was a loser. "Wah, a teenager called me a bad name and made a mess!"

JFC. What an asshole.

You sound like that little shit in the story - that needed his head caved in with instant corporal punishment. You must be what happens when that crap festers.

Yeah, I grew up in the Catholic system where they did exactly that. The bastards were still bastards.

I'm sure you would... most people don't like to hear ugly truths.

The Janitor quit because he was a loser. "Wah, a teenager called me a bad name and made a mess!"

Yeah, I grew up in the Catholic system where they did exactly that. The bastards were still bastards.
I guess it depends on how much the janitor needs the job

Is it worth his pay to be abused by students who need a good paddling?

Liberals own the education system and its a mess

we raised hell in middle school and high school...i hated old lady craven my english teacher...now i realize she gave me a love of classic lit..that endures till today

parents suck now....this positive parenting is hard on everyone
I can't remember the names of any of my teachers from elementary school and maybe only one or two from high school and those were the 2 that insulted me the most.

here is a cold hard truth for ya JoeB131 you are a shallow person who needs to go about screaming about how others deserve what they get cause they didnt do this or that....perhaps they were not born into the wealth you were...education indicates a level of realization that you are what....just another turtle going up the chain

I guess it depends on how much the janitor needs the job

Is it worth his pay to be abused by students who need a good paddling?

Liberals own the education system and its a mess

I'd argue the problem is more to do with parents. The teachers didn't raise a bastard, his parents did.

But if you walk off your job working with children because a child was rude to you, maybe you don't need that job that badly.

the seeds of disrespect , proudly displayed

Yes, if you are so fragile that you quit your job because a child disrespected you, then you really don't deserve much respect.

Of course, we don't know the whole backstory. Maybe this janitor was a creeper who the kids all hated. Maybe this kid comes from a troubled home and was acting out. It's why I don't take anything at face value.

here is a cold hard truth for ya @JoeB131 you are a shallow person who needs to go about screaming about how others deserve what they get cause they didnt do this or that....perhaps they were not born into the wealth you were...education indicates a level of realization that you are what....just another turtle going up the chain

I was born in a very working class background. My dad was a sheet metal worker (who died at 56 because he got to suck in asbestos at work all day for 30 years) and my mom was an art teacher at the Catholic Prison Camp I attended for 8 years. (I don't call it a school, I call it a prison camp.) So, no, we weren't wealthy by any means.

So you know what I did? I worked hard in school so I wouldn't "dig ditches". I joined the Army Reserves to pay for college because my parents were too busy being dead to pay my tuition. I worked two minimum wage jobs to afford the rest of it. Then I went active duty for six years after college. And after I got out of the service, I walked smack dab into George H. Bush's recession and the best job I could get was working in a warehouse. I realized that despite my education and veteran status, I really needed more skills, so I went back to school and got them. When the jobs I finally got didn't really pay that well after old Dubya decided to top his dad by REALLY wrecking the economy, I started a side business that grew into something substantial.

So, no, I'm not going to have a lot of sympathy for an underachiever doing a menial job, who quits in a huff because a child was mean to him.

Forum List

Back